Quitting myvmk listing reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello MyVMK Community,
This is my final post on MyVMK. I am very appalled that this game is nothing like the original. The way people interact, the wealth dispersion, the hosts friendliness, and especially the amount of control VMK has over the players. I truly hope MyVMK shuts down sure to lack of players.
VMK players in the past (when run by Disney) were very nice to each other, always giving handouts. On MyVMK players are very rude, my theory is because we are older and are not longer very sweet and innocent. The mini games are very hard to get credits therefore players give a lot less as well. People have been very rude mainly.
The wealth dispersion in MyVMK is very present. There are just so many poor (rare wise) players in the game. Almost all of the items belong to the top elite. This kind of sounds like the 1%. The game is too favoring the top elite. This is truly unfair. The people that run the game should help out the lesser players, but all they care about are the 1% that literally play 24/7.
Going along with the wealth dispersion, hosts favor the wealthy! Ive seen many hosts playing and I try to have a conversation with them, instead they decide to only talk to the person with the stitch hat. What kind of a host are you if you don't interact with other players? They are probably reading this and thinking about ending this post which they probably will, but that doesn't stop me from getting the word out.
Finally the amount of control MyVMK has over the players is unbearable! We literally get banned for anything! There is even a post about how people have gotten banned before! Now if that doesn't shock the MyVMK staff, than I hope with post does. I was playing around with the players today, using the pound key (#) as a joke. For example I would say "########### U" and I got my in game chat changed to the original VMK chat settings. Insane, especially because multiple people were doing it in the room and having a laughing, fun time. MyVMK made me feel like I was part of a communist country, and thats why I'm leaving.:(

I'm very sorry to hear you're leaving, but you have really good reasons. I'm sorry you didn't get to relive the magic like me and many other players have. And I want to throw this to anyone out there: I may seem like a "top elite" because I have pretty good items, but I try to be friends with lots of people. I try not to be like everyone else. I give a lot of items away, too. I hope that nobody sees me like a snobby rich person.

No christolarr, why so soon. And staff are really nice! So you wrong lol! Gl in future with your negative attitude buh bye!

Poptart

If you've experienced so many rude players, maybe you just need to find the nice ones! I've surrounded myself with some of the happiest, welcome people in the game and I couldn't be happier.
People are only banned when they break the rules and the rules on this game are A LOT less stricter than in VMK, although I understand why you might get frustrated since most of us are adults.

As for the staff being rude, I've never personally shown any favoritism (except maybe in one instance) but I find the staff especially willing to help out and communicate with anyone. In the OldVmk, probably due to it's size, the staff always seemed more focused on doing their job than creating a welcoming environment and bonding, but almost every staff member I've seen In-Game has been sooooo enthusiastic, especially during ride a thons :)

I do hope that you choose not to give up on myvmk so soon! I do hope there are less rude people, though

If you've experienced so many rude players, maybe you just need to find the nice ones! I've surrounded myself with some of the happiest, welcome people in the game and I couldn't be happier.
People are only banned when they break the rules and the rules on this game are A LOT less stricter than in VMK, although I understand why you might get frustrated since most of us are adults.

As for the staff being rude, I've never personally shown any favoritism (except maybe in one instance) but I find the staff especially willing to help out and communicate with anyone. In the OldVmk, probably due to it's size, the staff always seemed more focused on doing their job than creating a welcoming environment and bonding, but almost every staff member I've seen In-Game has been sooooo enthusiastic, especially during ride a thons :)

I do hope that you choose not to give up on myvmk so soon! I do hope there are less rude people, though
Thanks! your very nice.

My comment wasn't for the typo. It was for the fact that you're cursing the efforts put in by only a couple people. Especially Amy, Grizzly, and Kevin. I'm sorry the game hasn't lived up to your expectations, but you can't call everyone else rude while telling the creators you hope they fail.

My comment wasn't for the typo. It was for the fact that you're cursing the efforts put in by only a couple people. Especially Amy, Grizzly, and Kevin. I'm sorry the game hasn't lived up to your expectations, but you can't call everyone else rude while telling the creators you hope they fail.
The other people called me rude, so now I'll be known as the rude player:( well I'll be called the bad boy of my vmk lol beware Alionette, also I think I've seen you around I'll say I'm the bad boy when I see you again lol

The other people called me rude, so now I'll be known as the rude player:( well I'll be called the bad boy of my vmk lol beware Alionette, also I think I've seen you around I'll say I'm the bad boy when I see you again lol
Oh, no, it wasn't you! It was to the OP. I could tell your comment was sarcastic :P And yes, I've seen you in trade rooms, because they're pretty much the only places I hang out. I'll have to bother you next time I see you ;)

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
Don't fight fire with fire. Just don't.

I've gotten the filter on before, and have received multiple warnings... a lot of misunderstanding between me and staff but though they'll never realize it, I do respect them, and I'd never say I want the game to fail. I don't agree with all of your points, but I can agree that there are some rude people, but definitely not all. This is like real life, and you really can't expect to enter a random room and make lots of friends... true friends can come in the weirdest shapes and forms, and I've had my fill of encountering people who I thought were my friends. You just have to find the right people.

As for the "I get banned for no reason" part, staff are very much aware of your intentions (most of the time) and usually, people just attempt to contradict their wrong actions. Don't. Staff warn/ban you for a reason.

Amen to that! Exactly what I was going to say :D

I have heard of a lot of people complain about the wealth in this game. It's not like the people who have all these items didn't do anything to get them. I mean sure some got rare items from the crates but isn't that the staffs way of helping people out? I hear people complain but I never hear a suggestion as to how to fix this "1%" problem. I am not apart of the "upper class" in this game. Like you mentioned there are people who play 24/7 so shouldn't they have the credits to get the cool items everyone wants? If they play 100 games of JC and get the credits then don't they kinda deserve something for all that work?

This is just an opinion so keep that in mind.

allison

I have heard of a lot of people complain about the wealth in this game. It's not like the people who have all these items didn't do anything to get them. I mean sure some got rare items from the crates but isn't that the staffs way of helping people out? I hear people complain but I never hear a suggestion as to how to fix this "1" problem. I am not apart of the "upper class" in this game. Like you mentioned there are people who play 24/7 so shouldn't they have the credits to get the cool items everyone wants? If they play 100 games of JC and get the credits then don't they kinda deserve something for all that work?

This is just an opinion so keep that in mind.
I would want to work to get credits, but I simply do not have time. I have school, sports, etc. I think there should be a way to earn credits without spending hours on end doing JC, clamming, FW, etc. I think quests should be brought into the game ASAP. They could offer cool prizes and high amounts of credits, but be less time consuming than the activities previously mentioned. It's almost like the game is rewarding you for doing nothing but being on it all day. People have lives. Not saying that the people who are on frequently have no lives. That is not what I'm saying at all. I just think there needs to be a way where people who want to be on the game but can't, can get credits/rares without dedicating heaps of time to the game.

I would want to work to get credits, but I simply do not have time. I have school, sports, etc. I think there should be a way to earn credits without spending hours on end doing JC, clamming, FW, etc. I think quests should be brought into the game ASAP. They could offer cool prizes and high amounts of credits, but be less time consuming than the activities previously mentioned. It's almost like the game is rewarding you for doing nothing but being on it all day. People have lives. Not saying that the people who are on frequently have no lives. That is not what I'm saying at all. I just think there needs to be a way where people who want to be on the game but can't, can get credits/rares without dedicating heaps of time to the game.
I totally get the not having time. I barely play the mini games because I don't have the time and I just honestly never feel like it. I think quests would be awesome too but they are obviously not available right now. I am sure the staff is working on getting more ways to get credit options out there. I just think that if people choose to spend their time playing the mini games over and over then they deserve the items they get.

allison

I also think that, while probably not intending to, addictive gameplay is being encouraged by having to spend SO much time playing the mini games clamming etc. While it is not my place to judge how people spend their time, I think measures can be taken to stop encouraging users to spend too much time doing these activities.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I agree with Alionette on this one.

I truly hope MyVMK shuts down sure to lack of players.
In my opinion, because you put this at the end of your first paragraph I find that you are extremely rude. Hoping for a game to shut down when it was made by a couple people (Amy, Kevin, and Grizzly) on their free time just so everyone could relive one of their favorite childhood games is just wrong. Your line here is positively one of the rudest statements I have seen on the forums and game and after I read this I barely read and tried to understand your viewpoints after this line.

In many ways people have this feeling of what VMK was like. Many strive for MyVMK to be what VMK was and it drives me nuts on how people keep bringing up the same points and saying that VMK either didn't have them or they were easier to achieve in VMK when they truly weren't. The cliques of MyVMK were also in VMK but due to the amount of people in VMK it was much harder to see such cliques. The wealth of players was also another issue but I rarely saw people complain because they actually worked to earn their rares in VMK, including myself. Here in MyVMK everyone feels like that all of the rares should be handed to them on a silver platter... Everyone remembers the good of VMK and seem to have misplaced much of the bad that was of VMK. This includes myself and only after playing MyVMK do I remember some of the troubles that occurred in VMK.

Any of the issues you have listed above I remember happening in VMK too and those that can play a lot of time on the game deserved to have the riches they deserve as this is a game that you need to invest time in to if you want to be of the wealthy. I've also noticed that about half of your reasons to leave have to do with being wealthy. I personally don't care about my wealth as long as I have friends and other players I can talk and have enjoyable conversations. Having that is where I feel I am truly wealthy. If you feel like you can't find such people then you haven't been looking the right places.

I would enjoy being friends with you if you hadn't wrote such an awful line about the game getting shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.