Quitting myvmk listing reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'll say is I agree about rude players. Some of the reactions in the shell game and throughout the new years crate experience alone are enough to make that statement. But honestly people were mean in the original as well, it's just that there were so many people, I think it went more unnoticed than here where you see the same people repeatedly. It sucks, but there's always gonna be someone who decides to be a jerk. And on the topic of wealth, it's frustrating for those of us who had a lot in the original to start over, but I know for me personally it's just due to not having known about the game soon enough. I've just been really lucky that some awesome, lovely people have given me things. From there, I've been trying to work my way back. Just like you built things up in the original, you can do it again. (:

I'm in no position to give advice, but if I could, it'd just be to focus on the positives rather than the negatives. Like for me, for every mean person, I've met even more amazing ones. And I promise the good outweighs the bad. Just having this game back is a gift, and being able to relive something that made me happy in my childhood is awesome. If you're sure you want to quit, that's up to you, but don't let some rude people and not having all the "cool" stuff be the reason. The staff and creators of this game have no obligation to us and are willingly running a game so we can all relive the memories of the original, and for that, I'll always be grateful. If you honestly enjoy it and any part of you wants to stay, stick with it and I'm sure it'll get better. (:

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, and I'll be sad to see you go. However, I have to disagree with some of the points you've made:

People in this game are some of the nicest people I've met in a long time. My best VMK friend, Susany, is always giving out any rares she gets the newer players, she's never once accepted anything for free. And I've met many people who are just like her. Old VMK wasn't entirely different. I think a smaller percentage of people had super rares in the original VMK. And you had to get them from a code in disney parks.. How was that fair? During Crate #1 event, everyone had an equal chance. I do think the staff aren't perfect. But original VMK had paid staff. These staff work in most of their free time for myVMK without payment. I don't think they're unfriendly. I always see them come into player's rooms or public rooms just to speak with players or help answer questions. HOST_Celluloid is friends with many players new and old on here. So is VMK_Snow. I don't remember staff being friends with players on the old VMK (seeing as they were employed adults and we were largely children). I do think its hard for new players to start with nothing, that's why I miss Crate #1 event. But this past holiday season I've seen so many generous players and its inspired me to be quite honest. There's always going to be "good" and "bad" people anywhere you look. I was scammed out of my rares about 4 times on old VMK. If anything I'd say people are nicer now since we're (generally) more mature and we've all been through so much closing and reopening together! I'm sorry you had the world filter applied, you can contact Amy if you think it was unfairly placed on you. I wish you luck in your future endeavors!

iamabigdisfan

There will always be rude people no matter where you are, virtually or real. I also am tired of hearing about the "RICH and FAMOUS!" Does it matter, who cares!!! If they want to brag about it, fine. They are self centered people. As for favoritism, I do see it. I myself have recently been ignored by staff when I say Hi. But it's all good. I've noticed they will go to the same peoples room over and over again. Again, it's all good. I myself work and have no time during the day to be in game, so yes I have lost out on a lot, especially keys and items from crate #1. But one thing is, I make the best of it. I've found really super people to talk to and hang out with in game. It's not about being rich or being a favorite, it's about friendship. That's what makes you "RICH", FRIENDS!!!!!

You're going to find both rude and nice people anywhere you go. There were rude people on the old VMK as well. I'm afraid that's life. I think if you immerse yourself with the right people, you'll enjoy this game. However if you truly are not enjoying it, then I'm sorry to see you go :(

jasonpwns

The main part of your post I will agree with is the staff. They seem to follow around and give more attention to a select group of favorites. I'm certainly not the only one who has noticed this and it is quite frustrating to see any bias out of staff members.

Keep in mind that this game is still a bootleg version of the old game, that also includes many of the staff. I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, however back in Disney's VMK staff members were employees of Disney and it was a job; the dedication to keep that job is not on this game as being a staff member here is no where near what it would be if you had to maintain it for income. Here you're either doing it because you want to help or you want to have fun with it, theres not much else to say. I will agree though, the lack of professionalism among some on the staff team definitely has an impact on the people playing it.

As for some of the other reasons, like this "top elite" not helping out the lesser members of the game, I can't take that seriously as it is quite pathetic to act as if anyone who's acquired items through hard work is expected to just give it away to others. I give out plenty of items, however I among many others do it to friends. I will not however just give out my stuff to help out people I don't know, especially when they act as if it's something I need to do and call me pathetic or selfish if I don't.

As for some of the other reasons, like this "top elite" not helping out the lesser members of the game, I can't take that seriously as it is quite pathetic to act as if anyone who's acquired items through hard work is expected to just give it away to others. I give out plenty of items, however I among many others do it to friends. I will not however just give out my stuff to help out people I don't know, especially when they act as if it's something I need to do and call me pathetic or selfish if I don't.
Seriously OP, if you're measuring rudeness by how many handouts (OP's word, not mine) you're getting, then you need to curb your expectations. It doesn't surprise me that requests for free stuff aren't met with hugs and rainbows.

Another note: I will say that the first time I saw your character in game, you were giving me lines "hey baby, etc" and it made me very uncomfortable and I didn't respond to you. So I suggest you look at your own contribution to the reactions you're getting from other players in game. You will only get from the game what you put into it.

wow then u really dont remember the old VMK because it was like George Orwell's "1984" up in there
yeah, does nobody remember this? I had a friend be banned for life for putting in all of these PotC codes he entered in at once that he spent ages earning, while I was able to use a code generator (again, it was middle school and I was becoming computer savvy) to enter in Nemo codes with no repercussions. They didn't even give him a chance to justify himself, it was just an automatic ban that would never be reversed.

You also could barely say any words and they were always watching your activity!

The staff being unprofessional is disappointing, though, I'll agree.

People who have earned credits and rares are not obliged to share, but I'll still say that I roll my eyes on a regular basis when someone makes a thread bragging about how generous and caring they are. it goes both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.