Re-release of Flip Hat (Backwards Baseball Cap)

To be honest, I feel like it should be re-released because for one yes, it was used to fuel the economy (which I think was ridiculous because there was hardly anyone who knew about the game at the time, unless they knew about OVMK), but it was released at a time with no mini games or anything. For two, working up for it would be simple but the problem is, NOBODY ever wants to trade one. And those who do trade it want way too much. For three, people seem to forget that many items were re-released in VMK, the flip hat being one of them, and many of those items stayed just as rare in my opinion because they were retired again later.

I think they should release it again and the 1 year anniversary would be a good time if you ask me. If people don't want it to be re-released so bad, then I think a recolor would be good. (red please) I actually made a thread about different colors for the hat. I think it's only fair to those who really didn't have a chance to get it.

Tohrukun

i think it should be a rare prize.... kinda like the grizzly pin in the sword ;) 1/1000 chance of winning it.
Grizzly Pin is 1/1,000,000 actually if I remember correctly its a distant dream LOL

And Kirito, I agree that would be alright with me, I would absolutely love a black flip hat..

You all make points though, I agree it should remain rare, but a comeback somehow that won't enable every single person to acquire it would be better IF they did release it again
actually amy said the chances are 1/1,000,000 AFTER youve pulled the sword once lol so the odds are even less than 1/1,000,000 :o

I think it's stupid everyone wants the flip hat to be the most rare thing in the game, like come on... having to trade your ENTIRE inventory to even have the slightest chance at getting one is super unfair for those of us who don't devote our every waking second to the game, or who aren't very good at trading or whatever. Releasing it again some point later on this year for another day or two would only make sense seeing as they did release it a couple different times in the old vmk.

(and I would love a black, purple, red or blue recolor of it too btw)

To be honest, I feel like it should be re-released because for one yes, it was used to fuel the economy (which I think was ridiculous because there was hardly anyone who knew about the game at the time, unless they knew about OVMK), but it was released at a time with no mini games or anything. For two, working up for it would be simple but the problem is, NOBODY ever wants to trade one. And those who do trade it want way too much. For three, people seem to forget that many items were re-released in VMK, the flip hat being one of them, and many of those items stayed just as rare in my opinion because they were retired again later.

I think they should release it again and the 1 year anniversary would be a good time if you ask me. If people don't want it to be re-released so bad, then I think a recolor would be good. (red please) I actually made a thread about different colors for the hat. I think it's only fair to those who really didn't have a chance to get it.
That was actually when we had the most active members.

It was the first item to retire, which is why it's considered an important item in the economy. I don't event trade, and I know that.

If they're gonna re-release the flip, then they'll do the same for stitch and princess minnie. Unless you want that value to be lost too.

Btw if unless I'm incorrect, I believe there is roughly an even amount of the flip, stitch, and princess minnie in game. There's quite a few of them.
It is actually fair. Only reason why they can be so hard to get, is because people are generally unwilling to trade them because they actually LIKE them. lol
But there are weeks where a lot are being traded, and there are weeks when none are being traded at all.
If you think that you don't have to actually work in order to achieve something, then you're extremely oblivious to how reality works.

Surreal

Besides, it can be about the basics of economics too. Supply and demand! There were not very many players at the time (I'm assuming), so with the amount of people playing growing, I think it should be re-released. There are only a limited amount of these flip hats in the "MyVMK Economy," which would give a slim amount of people the chance to own them. Yes, I understand the concept of rares, but sometimes the OVMK brought back items for some type of one-day-only-sale so that way too many weren't floating around for trade. If demand is high, I believe the supply should go up :)

Sharks

I think the staff recognize enough the virtual riots that would occur if they re-released it, something Disney didn't have to worry about. Outcasting 1/5 of the super rare owners is not a good idea in any way.

That was actually when we had the most active members.

It was the first item to retire, which is why it's considered an important item in the economy. I don't event trade, and I know that.

If they're gonna re-release the flip, then they'll do the same for stitch and princess minnie. Unless you want that value to be lost too.

Btw if unless I'm incorrect, I believe there is roughly an even amount of the flip, stitch, and princess minnie in game. There's quite a few of them.
It is actually fair. Only reason why they can be so hard to get, is because people are generally unwilling to trade them because they actually LIKE them. lol
But there are weeks where a lot are being traded, and there are weeks when none are being traded at all.
If you think that you don't have to actually work in order to achieve something, then you're extremely oblivious to how reality works.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I am not "oblivious" to how reality works. And I never once said I don't want to work for anything :) :) But this is an ONLINE game, so I'm sorry if I don't feel like devoting 100% of my time in order to have a SLIGHT chance of getting an item I once loved on the original game because people are asking ridiculous amounts for an item.

What people fail to understand is that VMK (not MVMK) had a SIGNIFICANTLY larger item as well as player pool. This game is a run-off of that and it's in its beginning stages. As you can see, some items have become more in demand than others (super rares, firewalls, candy cauldrons, clocks, etc.) however this does not make it as difficult to obtain items as everyone seems to think. Just do the host events if/when you can, stock up on the new releases, etc. Play the game basically, and wait for the moment to come to you. Everyone seems to focus entirely on the bad sides of trading, however no one seems to shed any light on the fact that they have been constantly releasing new ways of obtaining "wealth" whether it was by the crate events, the holiday events (pumpkins/crates on Halloween/New Years), the building events (gingerbread), the new credit-giftcard, sword-in-stone, etc. Not to even mention the countless user created giveaways or events that yield rare prizes/free-bees.

You don't have to devote your life to the game, I don't know why everyone is so short-sighted. If you only have time to come on and chat then what is the point of having those items in the first place? It may be somewhat difficult to get specific items however many forget that it is not that hard either. Just look at every "specially" obtained item (not sold in store) and look at how they rise in value over time. Look at retired store items, watch as they rise in value over time. All I'm trying to say is while trading is completely bogus (I will fully agree) it's not the monster most people are making it out to be. I have come a long way and I do not devote that much time to the game myself.

Just because an items popularity and value has spiked doesn't mean it's going to be that hard to obtain... Sure, it may not be easy. If you weren't here that's unfortunate, but you are not out of options in terms of getting items you miss. Nothing is ever easy, so if you really want something put a bit of effort towards it and you'll come to it eventually. And also, trading on Disney's VMK was not a walk in the park. While it was more stable than it is on here, there were still challenges in people getting an item they wanted.

Whether or not they re-release the hat itself or a recolor (the same concept for any other item) is kind of irrelevant to me, they'll make the decision in the end not us. But before any of that happens, no one can really say that it is too hard to get an item, because while it may be difficult it is entirely possible if you have a bit of patience.

Last edited:

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
What people fail to understand is that VMK (not MVMK) had a SIGNIFICANTLY larger item as well as player pool. This game is a run-off of that and it's in its beginning stages. As you can see, some items have become more in demand than others (super rares, firewalls, candy cauldrons, clocks, etc.) however this does not make it as difficult to obtain items as everyone seems to think. Just do the host events if/when you can, stock up on the new releases, etc. Play the game basically, and wait for the moment to come to you. Everyone seems to focus entirely on the bad sides of trading, however no one seems to shed any light on the fact that they have been constantly releasing new ways of obtaining "wealth" whether it was by the crate events, the holiday events (pumpkins/crates on Halloween/New Years), the building events (gingerbread), the new credit-giftcard, sword-in-stone, etc. Not to even mention the countless user created giveaways or events that yield rare prizes/free-bees.

You don't have to devote your life to the game, I don't know why everyone is so short-sighted. If you only have time to come on and chat then what is the point of having those items in the first place? It may be somewhat difficult to get specific items however many forget that it is not that hard either. Just look at every "specially" obtained item (not sold in store) and look at how they rise in value over time. Look at retired store items, watch as they rise in value over time. All I'm trying to say is while trading is completely bogus (I will fully agree) it's not the monster most people are making it out to be. I have come a long way and I do not devote that much time to the game myself.

Just because an items popularity and value has spiked doesn't mean it's going to be that hard to obtain... Sure, it may not be easy. If you weren't here that's unfortunate, but you are not out of options in terms of getting items you miss. Nothing is ever easy, so if you really want something put a bit of effort towards it and you'll come to it eventually. And also, trading on Disney's VMK was not a walk in the park. While it was more stable than it is on here, there were still challenges in people getting an item they wanted.

Whether or not they re-release the hat itself or a recolor (the same concept for any other item) is kind of irrelevant to me, they'll make the decision in the end not us. But before any of that happens, no one can really say that it is too hard to get an item, because while it may be difficult it is entirely possible if you have a bit of patience.
:hearts: this post

In a nutshell:

Those who have a flip hat will say: NO
Those who do not have a flip hat: YES
I do not have a flip hat and I say no. Most people who own flip hats now worked very hard for them. People don't need flip hats that bad. If anything, release a flip hat in a different color. I would actually prefer that because I don't even like green (although I feel terrible for saying this on St. Patrick's Day).

I really just want a flip hat because it was a momento in vmk.. It was the last thing my bf and I wore on the game, and it's my most favorite item in the whole game.