Really missing the old VMK members...anyone else? Tired of rude people.

Oh my goodness. I think it was yesterday (?) when I was playing the shell game. The north room was crowded so of course I went to the other room (South). I was playing and there was this guy in there playing with 4 people who were obviously AFK. I started playing and they all left so I went to a new room (east). They all went back to south so I followed so I could still play. When I got there they started yelling at me saying to stop following them because they were having private game. I was like "are you kidding me? there's no such thing as a private game in a public room." It was ridiculous. Then his clones got off and he was like "HA! No shells for you! GOOD DAY! *tips hat*" and left. So rude and just stupid haha

I have totally experienced this a time or two myself. Like seriously, what harm is a single person anyways? It's not like you can collect every shell before it disappears...

Also, I completely feel you on other rude people. I have tried countless times to be friends with a lot of people, and more often than not my comments get ignored. So not always does the "jump right into a conversation that you relate to" work. I would comment countless times in a single instance and every time I was ignored, only for one of their "friends" to say exactly what I said and get responded to. It's absolutely ridiculous sometimes.

However, I HAVE met some really amazing people as well. So I can't be too angry. And honestly, if it weren't for the kind people, I would never come on.

I just the other day posted about this in a thread with someone who was exceedingly disappointed in his luck in Dreams Month. I find a good many people on this game only care about themselves or their very small clique (but I will say mainly themselves). Not sure when it became acceptable to harass and generally be rude to other people, but speaking for myself, I would never be rude to anyone I meet inside the game or here in the forums. I think with the online world growing, people think it's acceptable to treat others as they see fit simply because they are thought to be "anonymous" because it's online. I hardly think most of these people would act like they do to someone's face and if they did, they are definitely not the kind of person I would want to be friends with then anyway. People need to remember, there is a person behind each and every avatar on MyVMK and that everyone's feelings matter, no matter who they are. People should stop and think before they stick their big foot in their mouth with rude comments and harassments. This is just my 2 cents..most of which I said the other day, but figured why not reiterate it once again, in hopes it will rub off on certain people! If you see me in game, please feel free to speak to me, friend me, whatever you feel like because I am open to being friends with anyone who treats others kindly! (ok ...sorry my Mom rant is over :P)

Lindsay

When I first joined I found it incredibly difficult to make friends. Any player that already had friends seems to not want anything to do with somebody outside of the their friends group. If you wanted a friend you had to go out and find somebody lonely to make friends with basically. And as Zelena has said, sometimes it's hard to keep a conversation going because certain users will enter the room and become the center of attention and unless you're kissing their bum, you're now ignored.

I think it has changed quite a bit, though, and I think that'd to do with dreams month. I've noticed a few cliques who used to ignore me start opening up and including the rest of the room in their convos because we're all camped out in a room for 2 hrs and to create a poor environment in that room would make it a very long 2 hrs. There are still cliques that ignore people, but honestly sometimes it's hard to keep a fast conversation with another user and try to keep up with the other conversations in a room, too, so they might not intentionally be ignoring you. You just kind have to keep trying and I'm sure you'll make friends. I mean look at all the users in this thread alone that said they're like to be your friend :)

i've seen these groups of people, they also ignore you if they are not interested in you too, they are pretty obnoxious but whatever. i'm uaually hanging out in CQQ, so i've seen these people that leave and go to another instance when you enter and then if you switch aswell so you can get shells leave again, continuously till you get the message! whatever, good for them if they only like to hangout with eachother, boo!!

also when i started i actually thought, this isn't for me anymore, i felt so unwelcomed by these mean people (who i ran into first), but i lovee it now! cool people everywhere! i always talk to people even if they are obviously ignoring me, idc, i'm just like yap yap yap, hahahaahaha. messing up yo convo boo!

But i've also met the nicest people in CQQ, thats why i'm always there!! (and for 5*drink me lol) Like, seriouslynice poeople tho!!
I'm always in CQQ, my in-game is StargirlV, holla at meee :D

Last edited:
"No the monkey on the wall. yes u stupid" killed me.
Oooh *claps hands* I WISH SOMEBODY WOULD TRY AND TALK TO ME THAT WAY...OOOh lawd. I dont playy.
I'v only got into a fight with 2 people, and neither of them log in anymore :)
I might have had a little something to do with that.
- smiles fakley -
LOL Right ? totally unnecessary. I just don't wanna be banned so i hold it in ..

MagicFireball

Juice, or Mineral Water?
I feel you, I have encountered mean players many times. There's this one time where a guy called me ugly for no reason and starts to teleport away before I say anything. The most common types I see are the snobbish players with rares like Stitch, Flip Hat, etc. I really HATE those types of people since the only thing they do all day is defame others, brag about themselves, and mistreat players who don't have much. It's best to ignore those players so you don't have to go through verbal bullying, yes I do consider this cyberbullying. I'm sure Old VMK was the same thing since I've gone through that as a little kid. The fact that they have lots of friends is only because they are popular and they don't value true friendship, basically those people aren't real friends. Sorry if I sounded Vulgar, not trying to be mean, just stating my point of view towards mean players.

I don't mind the "inappropriate" talk at all... but anyone who thinks they are above another person because they have virtual objects in a game is just SAD. I've seen a lot of that with the Dream events. You can tell those people don't have much of a life, so just ignore them. Ignore button! :)
As for the inappropriate talk, the other option if filters which I hate. I've had too much experience with them trying to play charades to have a normal conversation. I hate not being able to say half the words in the dictionary. If they bring back the intense chat filters, I'm leaving VMK.
And as for just generally mean people, I'm a firm believer in sticks and stones.[DOUBLEPOST=1401521346][/DOUBLEPOST]Side note: I also remember on old VMK it was nothing but a bunch of little kids wanting to do "taken" so I much prefer the new crowd.

Honestly there is a lot of rude people on myvmk sometimes I felt like I wanted to quit this game because of them. But there is some nice people on myvmk that made me stay.

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
The reason I can play this game and not make issue is because although it looks like VMK, sounds like VMK and taste like VMK it is not VMK. I give Amy credit for making an effort but VMK was one in a million and MyVMK will never be VMK like us old players knew it. Much of what I see in MyVMK is much like VFK. It is all about the items and your status which is why I quit VFK long ago but I like MyVMK for one reason. Our staff on here are awesome and Amy is making a credited effort to make this a reality. So yeah, I am tired of the vanity and superficiality of some players but MyVMK makes up for some of that insanity by offering us something close to VMK as close as one can get to it and I focus on that. Even though I am probably out of your age group, I would be glad to be friends if you wish. Have a great day :)

SnowWildEye

Disney Fanatic
I would love to be friends with any of you guys. So if you see me around don't be afraid to talk to me, because I honestly probably won't have anyone else to talk to. Hope to see you all around the kingdom :)

If you ever come across me, Ohsnapitsbrooke,
dont be scared to talk to me or add me.
I have made wonderful friends on VMK and would love to share them with you :)

No way!!
The balls room? :P

VampireBoy

I agree there are lots of rude people on here and I am tired of dealing with them but sadly I have to and they always use the same excuse which is that they are older now so they can talk like that but I don't agree. Just because your older does not mean you can talk that way and if you do it just shows that your parents obviously did not give you some good home training and discipline when you were a child.

Hahah awesome :D

Yeah I have experienced people being rude here too... For instance, I was in a room waiting for a host during Dream Month and people were being really negative about it so I put my opinion. I said I got a little bored waiting, but I can't do anything while I'm playing Myvmk because I get distracted and booted from a room. Then two people were really rude saying maybe I just shouldn't play then. I was really surprised because I didn't say it in a rude way, I wasn't bashing the events like others in the room. Then at the end of the event, people only got worse and I stated, "Well, we still have all month, don't lose hope yet!" Since it was only the first week of the month. Then like four people started saying "Well sorry we have lives unlike some people and we can't get on every event so don't give me that." And I was just like wow... Okay sorry for trying to make light of a situation. I didn't participate in the events for a week after that because if people were going to be so disrespectful over stupid things, why should I show up?

I am also constantly seeing people talking about drugs or other inappropriate topics. (I'm 19, so it doesn't bother me that much but I'm sure it bothers others). Maybe the old VMK was like this too, but I just wish that since most of us are returning players (and are therefore older) the game would be more mature.
That's exactly why we do. We should be allowed to talk about drugs or other inappropriate topics because we are all more mature.