Return of the Kraken

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Amy, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member Head Administrator

In-Game Name:
    Amy
    Hey everyone,

This is just to let you know that in a moment, I will be pushing an update to bring the kraken back to the POTC game. For those of you who don't know, the kraken was a sea monster that ate you in the original game if you were AFK.

If you are AFK for more than 15 seconds (subject to change), your ship will be destroyed. Unfortunately, due to different methods of potentially abusing this, we have had to make it so if any ship gets krakened you won't get any credits for the whole game. I would like to point out however, that this is NOT necessarily permanent. If it becomes an issue for real games, we will change it around to make sure people still get paid for playing genuinely.

Feel free to give any feedback on this change but please be civil. This was something that existed in the original game, our CURRENT method of handling payouts is a little extreme, but as I said if it's an issue we will adjust it so please stay calm for the time being and make any suggestions you would like to make.

If anyone does this on purpose to be a jerk, please report them, as this falls under our "don't be a jerk" rule.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Star, Lily, awko-taco and 19 others like this.
  2. Vanilla_Ninja

Vanilla_Ninja Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    Vanilla_Ninja
    This sounds great, I like the idea of you guys bringing the Kraken back to POTC. It means less people will just sit there and not do anything, constant movement, love it :)

meggo, ItsMe, Lyra and 3 others like this.
  3. Jay.

Jay. NUMb.

In-Game Name:
    Jay
    Good idea, even for the people that play friendlies this will avoid the leeches that just sit there all day and do absolutely nothing.

4. PlayerOne

PlayerOne I shoot when you're stuck.

In-Game Name:
    PlayerOne
    Will it though? How long does round in friendly last? I feel like running to the flag/running back probably takes a little less then 15 seconds (all guesswork of course, I don't play friendlies so would not know)

Also @Amy any chance of getting the classic fireballs from dead ships back? IIRC the number of fireballs were related to how much ammo you died with. Also, gold-only overtime?

5. Jay.

Jay. NUMb.

In-Game Name:
    Jay
    I’ve never timed it, but it could take close to 15 seconds or a little more, depends on if everyone’s on the right page lol. I mean it’s better than nothing, you can’t really decrease the time anymore in my opinion. What about the people that go afk really quick? Would kinda suck. I think it’s just a good step forward.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  6. PlayerOne

In-Game Name:
    PlayerOne
    I mean I do agree it is better than nothing

Jay. likes this.
  7. McCall Cohen

McCall Cohen IGN: MCCALL

In-Game Name:
    MCCALL
    Thank you for your efforts to make POTC more engaging! Can't wait to see the outcome!
    xoxo :halcyon:

8. PaigeUhSaur

PaigeUhSaur Your Fellow VMK Punk

In-Game Name:
    PaigeUhSaur
    And so it begins!
    [​IMG]

squidsinthewater likes this.
  9. StargirlV

StargirlV Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    StargirlV
    do you get no credits for that round or no credits for the whole game? Sometimes[often] when running I randomly get stuck in a rock and can't get out or move, would that render me creditless for the whole game?

10. Amy

In-Game Name:
    Amy
    no, just keep trying to get out lol

StargirlV likes this.
  11. Lissa

Lissa idek anymore

can u pretty please bring back clicking to shoot:)

meggo, z-child and PaigeUhSaur like this.
  12. Amy

In-Game Name:
    Amy
    look at the bottom of the settings menu

Lissa likes this.
  13. Gianorail

Gianorail Disney Enthusiast

In-Game Name:
    gianorail
    Definitely a step in the right direction by fixing a current problem in the game AND bringing back an original feature. Love it

airham likes this.
  14. gamesrock

gamesrock Justin

In-Game Name:
    gamesrock
    Don't think it's fair to harm the entire team for one individual for going afk. Your writing is a bit misleading here as it seems that whilst reading this it seems that if the individual goes afk and gets eaten by the kraken that only that individual gets no credits but actually playing with this update the entire team gets punished with no credits for the individual's mishap.

shel050, Jessizoid, activia and 2 others like this.
  15. Daniella

Daniella Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    Dazz
    can i make a suggestion
    what im looking for is the kraken to also be added to guest rooms except that it eats the people when you boot them thanks for your time

16. Jay.

Jay. NUMb.

In-Game Name:
    Jay
    *dead*

Emzy and Daniella like this.
  17. Liv

Liv Active Member

In-Game Name:
    Liv
    I've noticed the kraken starts immediately after the start of a match, which caused some people to get crunched right away if they lag. Is it possible to delay the start of the kraken?

AlexC12 and _Honey_ like this.
  18. yeahtoast

yeahtoast I'm just a girl in the world.

In-Game Name:
    yeahtoast
    I think it is better to punish the person who went afk rather than everybody playing. When we are all trying to play a game, if one person lags or disconnects or goes afk for even ONE round, we all get punished, even if you're on the opposite team. I'm all good with keeping everybody engaged, but when one person ruins it for all it makes it difficult to even want to play pirates.

markle, shel050, McCall Cohen and 6 others like this.
  19. PlayerOne

In-Game Name:
    PlayerOne
    I haven't had any issues thus far in legit pirates, because players are actually playing. If this is how we discourage friendlies, I'm all for it.

20. SkyyHaley

SkyyHaley Member

In-Game Name:
    SkyyHaley
    I'm honestly confused why people are so discouraged by friendlies? No one is hiding them, or cheating? Everyone who plays friendlies is open and honest about it... why the big stink? Just curious. I've played both genuine and friendlies, just curious why people consider that "cheating" when everyone involved in the game is aware of what is happening and everyone obtains optimal credits, no one is being shorted.