Return of the Kraken

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I'm honestly confused why people are so discouraged by friendlies? No one is hiding them, or cheating? Everyone who plays friendlies is open and honest about it... why the big stink? Just curious. I've played both genuine and friendlies, just curious why people consider that "cheating" when everyone involved in the game is aware of what is happening and everyone obtains optimal credits, no one is being shorted.
Because it allows players to gain more keys and credits per hour as compared to legit pirates. With 0 effort or skill involved. It's like saying I'm bad at haunted mansion, so I want a way to play the game where i can catch more ghosts/earn more credits without having to actually move or click my mouse. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I'm honestly confused why people are so discouraged by friendlies? No one is hiding them, or cheating? Everyone who plays friendlies is open and honest about it... why the big stink? Just curious. I've played both genuine and friendlies, just curious why people consider that "cheating" when everyone involved in the game is aware of what is happening and everyone obtains optimal credits, no one is being shorted.
Because it’s not how the game is meant to be played. You’re getting the most out of it by doing the least work. At that point we might as well make everything free if you don’t have to work for it.

i think there was a mistake made in the update whereby everyone in the team loses their credits if one person afks... of course this is a mistake because i mean... that would be incredibly unnecessary and extra for no reason. Can this please be fixed?

PlayerOne

i think there was a mistake made in the update whereby everyone in the team loses their credits if one person afks... of course this is a mistake because i mean... that would be incredibly unnecessary and extra for no reason. Can this please be fixed?
They've stated that this was intended.

So I am a fan of Kraken especially because of friendly games, however, when I play ship battle and someone leaves the game because they dc'ed and their ship gets eaten we all suffer the consequence of not getting any points. I think its unfair for everyone who is playing battle to get no credits when we give all our effort. Maybe switch Kraken just for capture the flag? I don't know, just a thought!

PlayerOne

So I am a fan of Kraken especially because of friendly games, however, when I play ship battle and someone leaves the game because they dc'ed and their ship gets eaten we all suffer the consequence of not getting any points. I think its unfair for everyone who is playing battle to get no credits when we give all our effort. Maybe switch Kraken just for capture the flag? I don't know, just a thought!
Or just make it so a kraken from a dc'ed player doesn't count

PlayerOne

The only reason people played friendlies is because the cost of items are exorbitant. I'm happy to see the kraken reinstated as that must mean you all will start decreasing prices as it will be harder to get credits/ keys to get items from chests.
Are you talking about store prices or prices in player trades?

The only reason people played friendlies is because the cost of items are exorbitant. I'm happy to see the kraken reinstated as that must mean you all will start decreasing prices as it will be harder to get credits/ keys to get items from chests.
Exactly! So does this reduce the price of items in auction? Ain’t no one gonna be able to afford 150K for a honey lemon hat now booboo lol

PlayerOne

People don't realize that a big reason that prices are so high is because so many credits were coming into the game. A majority of those credits were from friendlies. Credits became so easy to get that they became more and more inflated.

And you can still do friendlies. No one is stopping you. All you literally have to do is not go afk. It's not that much to ask. And if people you play with go afk? Don't play friendlies with them anymore.

SunshinyCashew

The Real Fakes of Calabasas
Are you talking about store prices or prices in player trades?
Honestly, both. I can see this having a negative effect of the Best Guest Room Competition as well as the Ride Creation Competition. It is expensive to build rooms and with this decrease in credits i feel as though the quality of the rooms will decrease as well. Just a thought.

Wonder

Because it’s not how the game is meant to be played. You’re getting the most out of it by doing the least work. At that point we might as well make everything free if you don’t have to work for it.
at this point, friendly games aren't against the rules so it seems irresponsible for an ADMIN to make a statement like this? it's only going to cause confusion over the validity of friendly games.

PlayerOne

at this point, friendly games aren't against the rules so it seems irresponsible for an ADMIN to make a statement like this? it's only going to cause confusion over the validity of friendly games.
MyVMK is a recreation of the original VMK. The Original VMK had a kraken. Just because everyone got used to being afk and receiving more credits than people who played doesn't change this fact. We've had this discussion in many threads and debates about friendlies. No one is going to change their mind.

& not only is it confusing it’s causing a fault in the game. Let’s just say friendlies weren’t the issue here.. So if my teammate had to use the restroom during a game and is like “I’m afk”, okay no problem. But now with this update it causes not only him/her but EVERYONE on both teams to suffer the consequences for not one round but all rounds. I’m really curious to see how many people stop playing pirates. Why are we being punished for something that was NEVER against the rules in the first place?

Jungle cruise about to be super busy this weekend lol

VMK_Dormouse

You're right, friendly games are not against the rules. This is to deter people from earning credits while AFK or cloning.

& not only is it confusing it’s causing a fault in the game. Let’s just say friendlies weren’t the issue here.. So if my teammate had to use the restroom during a game and is like “I’m afk”, okay no problem. But now with this update it causes not only him/her but EVERYONE on both teams to suffer the consequences for not one round but all rounds. I’m really curious to see how many people stop playing pirates. Why are we being punished for something that was NEVER against the rules in the first place?
Most games of pirates are around 2 minutes.