Return of the Kraken

Amiko

Im pretty sure what they were saying was instead of worrying so much about stupid friendlys why not fix all the other trash mini games that are basically unplayable :)
I don't play Fireworks or Star Commander at all, so I won't speak for those game... but both Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise are perfectly playable. People are just lazy.

MisterLoony

I don't play Fireworks or Star Commander at all, so I won't speak for those game... but both Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise are perfectly playable. People are just lazy.
Jungle Cruise on a trackpad is the equivalent of typing with no hands..,.,. impossible. and Haunted Mansion would be nice if it wasn't glitched :)))))))))))))))))

Jayme

You're a mean one, Mr Grinch.
I'm honestly confused why people are so discouraged by friendlies? No one is hiding them, or cheating? Everyone who plays friendlies is open and honest about it... why the big stink? Just curious. I've played both genuine and friendlies, just curious why people consider that "cheating" when everyone involved in the game is aware of what is happening and everyone obtains optimal credits, no one is being shorted.
i agree sky and i dont think it was hurting anyone and it actuallly brought people together i think[DOUBLEPOST=1533873525][/DOUBLEPOST]
They've stated that this was intended.[/QUOTE
i think thats unfair and kinda dumb

Because it’s not how the game is meant to be played. You’re getting the most out of it by doing the least work. At that point we might as well make everything free if you don’t have to work for it.
Well, in this case, should free rooms be banned too? We don't want to be giving away stuff when we can work for it !

Daniella

The thing about reporting this person is that they are tight with staff soo its kinda hard for them to be reprimanded when nothing will be done

yeah making fun of the new game
yeah but if none of you even try to report it then it extra won't be solved???? i've seen people close with staff be banned before and if enough people reported it instead of complaining then something would be done but ok

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Well, in this case, should free rooms be banned too? We don't want to be giving away stuff when we can work for it !
This is an incredibly poor argument and you know it. One player giving a free item to another play does not introduce any new wealth into the game. The amount of items/credits are the same. Friendlies do introduce new wealth into the game. It's basic economics.

The thing about reporting this person is that they are tight with staff soo its kinda hard for them to be reprimanded when nothing will be done
I've said this before and i'll say it again, popular, well known and well liked players have been banned for abusing clones. I will not mention any names as I am sure that is against forum rules, but there are a lot of people in the community who know what I am talking about. If your argument against reporting people is that "it wont do any good", it's kind of on you for not even reporting them. If they really are abusing clones, it will be seen and acted on by staff.

Daniella

The difference is the addition of new credits into the game that shouldn't be there in the first place versus the giving away of items that are already introduced into the economy.

This is an incredibly poor argument and you know it. One player giving a free item to another play does not introduce any new wealth into the game. The amount of items/credits are the same. Friendlies do introduce new wealth into the game. It's basic economics.
*looks around* *remembers all of the items that have increased in value due to new members joining and being scammed* we love when rich vmk players argue for higher values !!

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
*looks around* *remembers all of the items that have increased in value due to new members joining and being scammed* we love when rich vmk players argue for higher values !!
Items have increased in value because SO many credits have been injected into the game because it was so easy to earn them afk.

and I may have joined MyVMK a while ago, but i am by no means rich. I actually have several times given away my items before I take a long break, and routinely give newer players some extra outfits i buy specifically for that purpose, or some credits to help them start out. Plenty of "rich players" play friendlies.

Jayme

You're a mean one, Mr Grinch.

I've said this before and i'll say it again, popular, well known and well liked players have been banned for abusing clones. I will not mention any names as I am sure that is against forum rules, but there are a lot of people in the community who know what I am talking about. If your argument against reporting people is that "it wont do any good", it's kind of on you for not even reporting them. If they really are abusing clones, it will be seen and acted on by staff.
are you staff because you seem to know everything?

Alright, I have to address some things:

- Friendly pirates will still be the fastest and easiest way to earn credits. Maybe that means that the credit payouts should be adjusted for other games (especially Star Commander). Point being, this will absolutely not kill friendly pirates. Jungle Cruise requires far more effort than clicking a couple of times so that the Kraken doesn't eat you, and friendly pirates earns you credits far faster.

- This is not a punishment for friendly pirates players. They aren't taking anything away from you except the ability to go get a snack while someone else earns you credits. It's just an afk-prevention tool. Clicking "join game" every couple of minutes and then clicking onto another tab to pretend to work should not be the fastest way to earn credits.

- If you really are socializing while you do friendlies, it will be very easy to literally just click one time a couple of seconds into each round. And that's all that you will need to do. The people who are too scared of losing to play the game will still have a way to collect credits. The only difference is that now, they have to do *almost* nothing, instead of nothing. This will not affect your ability to make friends. This will barely affect your ability to acquire credits.

- Because this will barely affect the ability to earn credits, it will not affect the game economy in any substantial way. Prices will not noticeably come down, unless people feed into the *false* narrative that it is now so much harder to earn credits.

Amiko

Jungle Cruise on a trackpad is the equivalent of typing with no hands..,.,. impossible. and Haunted Mansion would be nice if it wasn't glitched :)))))))))))))))))
Neither are anywhere near impossible of playing like you guys are making it out to be.

I'll agree and say that Haunted Mansion has a glitch or two here and there, but it's completely playable. Haunted Mansion is my game of choice, so I feel confident in saying it's playable. But even if you choose not to believe me, you can't argue against the highscore board that shows proof that people are still able to collect ghosts - and a good amount of them.

I play Jungle Cruise on my laptop. I'm not the best player by any means, but I do decently and I get by. (I will say that I find JC boring so I don't find it worth it to play on any other day outside of double credits though.) I'm right handed so I prefer my left hand to steer my boat by using the arrow keys, and my right hand to move my trackpad and click. But I digress, there's relatively cheap portable mouses on Amazon. If you guys are so serious about this game that you're willing to play during your work hours perhaps spend a few of those hard earned bucks and invest in one.
--

If any of you are getting upset about the Kraken itself and not about the fact that you actually have to move around during games, maybe try another mini game that doesn't stop you from getting credits because of AFK players. It can be tough in the beginning, but practice makes perfect! Some credits is better than no credits ;)