Return of the Kraken

spacedogmike

I don't think this is a bad idea at all! I do appreciate the staff though taking the time to add details like this into the game, especially OG ones! As someone who plays battle mainly it doesn't have a huge effect on me. However, I can see the frustration over this new rule with people who mainly play friendly. I don't have a problem with people who play friendly at all, I just like to play tbh. However, I will say since playing with this new feature I have noticed that the 15 seconds is a little much. Sometimes I'll flip over to forums or look at my phone and be already dead between rounds. Also with loading times I have noticed people who have been taken by the kraken and haven't loaded into the game yet. I feel as tho maybe uping to 30 seconds would be much more beneficial, while also giving people who play friendly a little more of a chance! Also I think there maybe could be an adjustment to how everyone looses credits if someone is taken by the kraken. I feel like it should only be a personal loss because its discouraging for the rest of the game if you know that everyone has taken a hit because you looked away for a second longer or that you didn't load in time. Hope everyone keeps the peace about this. Try not to beat down on each other so much! Input is good, but not when you're beating each other down!! :)

I don't think this is a bad idea at all! I do appreciate the staff though taking the time to add details like this into the game, especially OG ones! As someone who plays battle mainly it doesn't have a huge effect on me. However, I can see the frustration over this new rule with people who mainly play friendly. I don't have a problem with people who play friendly at all, I just like to play tbh. However, I will say since playing with this new feature I have noticed that the 15 seconds is a little much. Sometimes I'll flip over to forums or look at my phone and be already dead between rounds. Also with loading times I have noticed people who have been taken by the kraken and haven't loaded into the game yet. I feel as tho maybe uping to 30 seconds would be much more beneficial, while also giving people who play friendly a little more of a chance! Also I think there maybe could be an adjustment to how everyone looses credits if someone is taken by the kraken. I feel like it should only be a personal loss because its discouraging for the rest of the game if you know that everyone has taken a hit because you looked away for a second longer or that you didn't load in time. Hope everyone keeps the peace about this. Try not to beat down on each other so much! Input is good, but not when you're beating each other down!! :)
Best reply yet. Totally agree, it’s just a bit frustrating when all players agree on the game strategy and two players agree to run at their own volition and then one person is afk to check an email or go to the restroom for a minute and then the WHOLE group gets punished.. seems a bit silly.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Kind of defeats the whole purpose of this addition to be honest. It was meant to discourage afking friendlies. 30 seconds is more than enough time to complete a friendly round, so people could still join and sit there and go through friendlies while afking just like before.

Best reply yet. Totally agree, it’s just a bit frustrating when all players agree on the game strategy and two players agree to run at their own volition and then one person is afk to check an email or go to the restroom for a minute and then the WHOLE group gets punished.. seems a bit silly.
It's a game that takes a total of 2 minutes tops to play. If someone can't wait that time before using the bathroom or open a second tab for an email then there's an issue.

It's a game that takes a total of 2 minutes tops to play. If someone can't wait that time before using the bathroom or open a second tab for an email then there's an issue.
I understand that but whats the point of having a friendly when everyone has to run around blindly every 15 secs while two people run the flag? Us friendly players appreciated the fact that our team members took on the responsibility to run for a few games and then switch. For some of us friendly games were not about greed, but about a game strategy that not only was easy credits but was fair to everyone involved.

spacedogmike

Kind of defeats the whole purpose of this addition to be honest. It was meant to discourage afking friendlies. 30 seconds is more than enough time to complete a friendly round, so people could still join and sit there and go through friendlies while afking just like before.
No I know I definitely see what you mean. Idk I think I was just getting at that around 30 seconds could be the verge of possibly being taken by the Kraken or not. I'm trying to see the friendly side of it ya know? I think I'm just more annoyed with people being rude about it. It's simple just to say you're not a huge fan than for everyone to be bashing the staff about intentions or what not. I just give them credit for putting effort into the game and trying to keep it interesting for us that is all! :) That being said am I a huge fan of it? No.. but I'll just wait to see what the staff decides.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I understand that but whats the point of having a friendly when everyone has to run around blindly every 15 secs while two people run the flag? Us friendly players appreciated the fact that our team members took on the responsibility to run for a few games and then switch. For some of us friendly games were not about greed, but about a game strategy that not only was easy credits but was fair to everyone involved.
The point is to have it so that people who are afking the game are not earning more credits then people who are actively playing the game.

@spacedogmike I understand what your saying. I wish people wouldn't get so mad at it too. This obviously is a controversial change, and honestly I am glad staff made a change based on not what they thought would be popular, but what they thought would be best for the game.

Last edited:
You are very clearly focused on trying to save AFK friendlies, but none of your points make any sense. The point of having a friendly where people have to move is to ensure that you're at least at your computer and paying a little bit of attention in order to earn your credits. The kraken will actually make things *more* fair to everyone involved, since everyone will have to move. Again, you will still be able to play friendly pirates. Just pay a little bit of attention and click a couple of seconds into every round. That's all they're asking. If that's too much of an imposition for you at any given time, then you're probably too busy to be playing an online game.

This is the dumbest post I've ever laid eyes on...please just stop...just admit you're mad you can't leave your computer on and leave while someone makes you free money, so we can all move on with our lives...
Lol actually I’m always the runner in mainly ALL of my games so I do not leave my computer. I understand that people abused this privilege of being able to be afk and I see your point.
BUT, it is unnecessary to take credits from all players if someone is away for a few seconds when friendly games were created in the first place SO PEOPLE COULD BE AFK for a few seconds and not pentalize the entire group.

Idk why you all think it's unfair for people to be afk during friendly... i could care less if i had to run while everyone else is afk, that's how the game works aka why it's called friendly. Bc people don't care if someone is present or not, they just do it because literally 95% of the people on this game all have jobs and little time to actually try and battle for keys/credits.

No I know I definitely see what you mean. Idk I think I was just getting at that around 30 seconds could be the verge of possibly being taken by the Kraken or not. I'm trying to see the friendly side of it ya know? I think I'm just more annoyed with people being rude about it. It's simple just to say you're not a huge fan than for everyone to be bashing the staff about intentions or what not. I just give them credit for putting effort into the game and trying to keep it interesting for us that is all! :) That being said am I a huge fan of it? No.. but I'll just wait to see what the staff decides.
I just want to say I appreciate you keeping the peace and being a positive person on the forums. I personally feel friendly players ruin the experience of this game. I enjoy playing pirates with people, one to be competitive, but second to also play with players of all skill level and teach them/have fun just joking with them in games. To see players play pirates basically as if they're drones collecting flags, or taking turns killing each other solely for making money, not interested in bettering themselves and improving their skills is in my opinion sad.

People claim to play friendly because they're not good at the game, but I don't understand why friendly players can't just play a normal game amongst themselves if that's the case. It's just people trying to "scam" the system...

Idk why you all think it's unfair for people to be afk during friendly... i could care less if i had to run while everyone else is afk, that's how the game works aka why it's called friendly. Bc people don't care if someone is present or not, they just do it because literally 95% of the people on this game all have jobs and little time to actually try and battle for keys/credits.
I don't really care about whether it's fair to the runner or not. It just wasn't fair that people could click "join" every couple of minutes and not pay any attention, and earn credits faster that way than everyone who actually played the minigames the way they were originally intended. Now, at least you have to be somewhat engaged to earn credits. If you're so busy that you can't be even remotely engaged, then you're too busy to earn credits.

Amy

Head Administrator
I don't think there's any game in the world where you don't have the time to invest but you can come out with the same rewards as players who invest a lot of their time, and that's kind of what makes it... a game.

I don't really care about whether it's fair to the runner or not. It just wasn't fair that people could click "join" every couple of minutes and not pay any attention, and earn credits faster that way than everyone who actually played the minigames the way they were originally intended. Now, at least you have to be somewhat engaged to earn credits. If you're so busy that you can't be even remotely engaged, then you're too busy to earn credits.
I've seen people play friendly bc they just want to earn credits and keys while they're cooking, or cleaning, or doing homework so like ??????? I don't understand why that's a problem. How do we expect people to actually buy anything if they aren't allowed to earn credits. I guess the people who have a problem with it shouldn't play friendly then and should stick to ship battle :-)

Amy

Head Administrator
I've seen people play friendly bc they just want to earn credits and keys while they're cooking, or cleaning, or doing homework so like ??????? I don't understand why that's a problem. How do we expect people to actually buy anything if they aren't allowed to earn credits. I guess the people who have a problem with it shouldn't play friendly then and should stick to ship battle :-)
Again what other games are there where you can earn the games currency whilst doing all this other stuff and not giving it the slightest amount of your attention? That just doesn't happen lol, if you invest the time and effort that should be when you get the credits and rewards.

Daniella

Yea but isn't the whole point that you should actually play the game if you're going to reap any of it's benefits? It doesn't matter what you're doing when you're not playing, you're still not playing.

I don't think there's any game in the world where you don't have the time to invest but you can come out with the same rewards as players who invest a lot of their time, and that's kind of what makes it... a game.
You have to invest just as much time logging on and running in friendly as you do when you play ship battle... and you earn less credits in friendly each game than you do in ship battle, when you win that is. I wouldn't really equate MyVMK with any other virtual game bc they are all unique in how you earn credits. For example, on Toontown, you could literally go fishing which is mindless work and earn credits(or whatever they're called on there). Seems to me like this is the same thing just using a ship.

Yeah, @Amy ! If you're going to make this change, then you better also make cooking, cleaning, and doing homework minigames! Because obviously people deserve to get credits for doing those things instead of playing the Pirates minigame!

Now everyone who ever cooks, cleans, or does homework is NOT ALLOWED to earn credits. BANNED from earning credits! SO UNJUST!

Amy

Head Administrator
You have to invest just as much time logging on and running in friendly as you do when you play ship battle... and you earn less credits in friendly each game than you do in ship battle, when you win that is. I wouldn't really equate MyVMK with any other virtual game bc they are all unique in how you earn credits. For example, on Toontown, you could literally go fishing which is mindless work and earn credits(or whatever they're called on there). Seems to me like this is the same thing just using a ship.
Play songs in the music mixer room. Mindless work, earns you credits. By this logic we should allow botting of the minigames.