Return of the Kraken

spacedogmike

I just want to say I appreciate you keeping the peace and being a positive person on the forums. I personally feel friendly players ruin the experience of this game. I enjoy playing pirates with people, one to be competitive, but second to also play with players of all skill level and teach them/have fun just joking with them in games. To see players play pirates basically as if they're drones collecting flags, or taking turns killing each other solely for making money, not interested in bettering themselves and improving their skills is in my opinion sad.

People claim to play friendly because they're not good at the game, but I don't understand why friendly players can't just play a normal game amongst themselves if that's the case. It's just people trying to "scam" the system...
Haha thank you I appreciate it! I just hate coming on to seeing people legit fight about something that isn't the end of the world. I definitely agree with you and I like that some changes are being made to the game like this. More of my frustration with this whole topic is that people complain about the game and when the staff tries their best to add to our experience they still complain lol...

Hey maybe friendly during the week and just not during double credits could be a thing haha!

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
You have to invest just as much time logging on and running in friendly as you do when you play ship battle... and you earn less credits in friendly each game than you do in ship battle, when you win that is. I wouldn't really equate MyVMK with any other virtual game bc they are all unique in how you earn credits. For example, on Toontown, you could literally go fishing which is mindless work and earn credits(or whatever they're called on there). Seems to me like this is the same thing just using a ship.
Fishing in toontown you still have to be active though. If you don't move or are afk you 1) dont catch any fish and 2) get kicked from the pier to make room for other toons.

And I did the math way back when (like, years ago), but per hour, friendlies make far more credits then ship battles ever could, even if you constantly won. I'm sure I could dig up my old post or redo the math but friendlis are constant in the income they provide and are far far quicker. A good ship battle game can take 9 minutes.

And if you really do want to play a game where the entire objective is to maximize the afkness and efficiency of, I recommend you check out factorio. It's quite addicting!

Play songs in the music mixer room. Mindless work, earns you credits. By this logic we should allow botting of the minigames.
First, idk what botting is so im going to assume its like using a clone continuously but on one account. But anyways, nobody is botting when you play friendly??????? Personally, I've been waiting for checkers bc i'd rather play that than friendly pirates, then i wouldn't be afk as you all assume. You go back and forth for runners on friendly soooo nobody is actually ever afk ://

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
First, idk what botting is so im going to assume its like using a clone continuously but on one account. But anyways, nobody is botting when you play friendly??????? Personally, I've been waiting for checkers bc i'd rather play that than friendly pirates, then i wouldn't be afk as you all assume. You go back and forth for runners on friendly soooo nobody is actually ever afk ://
if people arn't afk then they won't get killed by the kraken and everybodies happy....this only affects people who join a game and go afk...

Amy

Head Administrator
Lol actually I’m always the runner in mainly ALL of my games so I do not leave my computer. I understand that people abused this privilege of being able to be afk and I see your point.
BUT, it is unnecessary to take credits from all players if someone is away for a few seconds when friendly games were created in the first place SO PEOPLE COULD BE AFK for a few seconds and not pentalize the entire group.
Can I just point out the reason you're always the runner is because most of your teammates are clones lol[DOUBLEPOST=1533878335,1533878301][/DOUBLEPOST]
it's having a computer program play for you

Emzy

I would first like to start off by saying I understand why the kraken was added, but I am very frustrated with it at the same time.
I am an avid ship battler. My friends and I only do "unfriendly" battle.
Over half the games that I played today someone dc or took too long to move, and we received no credits.
This is really frustrating when you have an awesome round, but one person messes it up for everyone.
I went 5 games in a row earlier with no credits, that is a fair amount of time to get nothing in return.
I think that the kraken should ONLY be in capture the flag.
If you want to go afk in ship battle then it should be your loss, not everyone in the games.
If it keeps up at this rate I don't see myself battling often as I do now.

Last edited:
I don't think this is a bad idea at all! I do appreciate the staff though taking the time to add details like this into the game, especially OG ones! As someone who plays battle mainly it doesn't have a huge effect on me. However, I can see the frustration over this new rule with people who mainly play friendly. I don't have a problem with people who play friendly at all, I just like to play tbh. However, I will say since playing with this new feature I have noticed that the 15 seconds is a little much. Sometimes I'll flip over to forums or look at my phone and be already dead between rounds. Also with loading times I have noticed people who have been taken by the kraken and haven't loaded into the game yet. I feel as tho maybe uping to 30 seconds would be much more beneficial, while also giving people who play friendly a little more of a chance! Also I think there maybe could be an adjustment to how everyone looses credits if someone is taken by the kraken. I feel like it should only be a personal loss because its discouraging for the rest of the game if you know that everyone has taken a hit because you looked away for a second longer or that you didn't load in time. Hope everyone keeps the peace about this. Try not to beat down on each other so much! Input is good, but not when you're beating each other down!! :)

This post is pure gold. Especially the part about changing the time slightly. My laptop always freezes for a couple seconds and then releases me into the game so I would constantly feel like I was losing the game for my entire team and that would kind of discourage me to even play, but I have nothing against the kraken overall and love that the sea critter was reintroduced! Friendly games are always going to be there and I don't think the kraken changed that by much.... just a simple click here and there.

spacedogmike

This post is pure gold. Especially the part about changing the time slightly. My laptop always freezes for a couple seconds and then releases me into the game so I would constantly feel like I was losing the game for my entire team and that would kind of discourage me to even play, but I have nothing against the kraken overall and love that the sea critter was reintroduced! Friendly games are always going to be there and I don't think the kraken changed that by much.... just a simple click here and there.
Well said! I definitely agree the time change could definitely be much more beneficial to this feature and thanks for the input!! :)

Emzy

So I am a fan of Kraken especially because of friendly games, however, when I play ship battle and someone leaves the game because they dc'ed and their ship gets eaten we all suffer the consequence of not getting any points. I think its unfair for everyone who is playing battle to get no credits when we give all our effort. Maybe switch Kraken just for capture the flag? I don't know, just a thought!
This^^^^ Exactly my thoughts

Amy

Head Administrator
I'd just like to point out i've only ever seen you play friendly on your normal account so this comment still is not sitting well with me!
Opinions can change... or you can disagree with something but still do it because everyone else is and it's only fair at that point, lol.