Return of the Kraken

riddleguy

I support the kraken being added... people can still play friendlies they just cant be lazy. Also this has the added benefit of giving the people against friendlies less reason to argue.

Ok so we played several games tonight. The kraken rears it's head within 5 seconds, if you lag on loading nobody gets pts that game, and thats pretty common so there will be many games where the games lags and all players lose their credits. Playing a 9 minute game to come out with nothing is quite extreme, when you play real battle you dont rack up credits like the credit farmers in friendly, they get keys and credits faster than real players, and that, in and of itself is very unfair, and has been for a long time.

By the way Amy, can you please wipe all those FAKE high scores in POTC scoreboard. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can score 600+, really not even 500, in a game. Every score up there now is a set up or a glitched game at best.

Laguna

~.*~:.:lone:.:~*.~
:nyan:
I think that umm... well.... I dont think
oranges hav more vit C than strawberries but I havent done proper research. As for the Cracken i Like how my Boat looks as if its boiling it really represents my actual situation. • if it gets me It gets me thats just the circle of life so ill have to say “Relaxin’ with cherry” by Kid Loco is quite accurate to how I am feeling in this moment but thats just me

Amy

Head Administrator
Idea:

Maybe the kraken should set the score for an AFK player to zero for the round, but not kill them. That way, even if the other team goes AFK, the winning team still has to either run over and kill their boats, or return the flag (in CTF). So the AFK people still get nothing, the non-AFK people actually do get something, and there's no reason to exploit the kraken, because it just results in a heavily-nerfed friendly battle/CTF game.
actually a really good idea, trying to think of downsides besides it looking silly... maybe i can make it leave a rowboat even in battle so it still makes sense lol

Night_Star

Ok so we played several games tonight. The kraken rears it's head within 5 seconds, if you lag on loading nobody gets pts that game, and thats pretty common so there will be many games where the games lags and all players lose their credits. Playing a 9 minute game to come out with nothing is quite extreme, when you play real battle you dont rack up credits like the credit farmers in friendly, they get keys and credits faster than real players, and that, in and of itself is very unfair, and has been for a long time.

By the way Amy, can you please wipe all those FAKE high scores in POTC scoreboard. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can score 600+, really not even 500, in a game. Every score up there now is a set up or a glitched game at best.
I agree with Captainhook. I do think it's good to bring the Kraken back but feel it should have been made as the original Kraken and not just some water moving around the ship before being destroyed. It also isn't fair to take points and credits away from the rest of the team members when only one gets taken by the Kraken. Also before bringing the Kraken back issues such as not being able to move your ship in game should have been fixed.

shel050

Well if you want to deter cloning, check certain auction rooms, lol. POTC is not your main concern for that matter... No disrespect here I appreciate you all bringing back VMK and all it’s original features. But there is ALOT more to be dealt with than people earning some extra credits on POTC.
Clones of certain auction room owners driving up prices to obtain more credits seems more against the rules than some friends getting together and agreeing mutually on a game strategy.
Are clones really still a problem? I thought that this issue is being strictly regulated?[DOUBLEPOST=1534024339][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't think this is a bad idea at all! I do appreciate the staff though taking the time to add details like this into the game, especially OG ones! As someone who plays battle mainly it doesn't have a huge effect on me. However, I can see the frustration over this new rule with people who mainly play friendly. I don't have a problem with people who play friendly at all, I just like to play tbh. However, I will say since playing with this new feature I have noticed that the 15 seconds is a little much. Sometimes I'll flip over to forums or look at my phone and be already dead between rounds. Also with loading times I have noticed people who have been taken by the kraken and haven't loaded into the game yet. I feel as tho maybe uping to 30 seconds would be much more beneficial, while also giving people who play friendly a little more of a chance! Also I think there maybe could be an adjustment to how everyone looses credits if someone is taken by the kraken. I feel like it should only be a personal loss because its discouraging for the rest of the game if you know that everyone has taken a hit because you looked away for a second longer or that you didn't load in time. Hope everyone keeps the peace about this. Try not to beat down on each other so much! Input is good, but not when you're beating each other down!! :)
Retweet

Last edited:

riddleguy

Alright, I have to address some things:

- Friendly pirates will still be the fastest and easiest way to earn credits. Maybe that means that the credit payouts should be adjusted for other games (especially Star Commander). Point being, this will absolutely not kill friendly pirates. Jungle Cruise requires far more effort than clicking a couple of times so that the Kraken doesn't eat you, and friendly pirates earns you credits far faster.

- This is not a punishment for friendly pirates players. They aren't taking anything away from you except the ability to go get a snack while someone else earns you credits. It's just an afk-prevention tool. Clicking "join game" every couple of minutes and then clicking onto another tab to pretend to work should not be the fastest way to earn credits.

- If you really are socializing while you do friendlies, it will be very easy to literally just click one time a couple of seconds into each round. And that's all that you will need to do. The people who are too scared of losing to play the game will still have a way to collect credits. The only difference is that now, they have to do *almost* nothing, instead of nothing. This will not affect your ability to make friends. This will barely affect your ability to acquire credits.

- Because this will barely affect the ability to earn credits, it will not affect the game economy in any substantial way. Prices will not noticeably come down, unless people feed into the *false* narrative that it is now so much harder to earn credits.
Posting again cause i missed some of the posts and did not realize there was so many replies. Firstly, I 100% agree with the above post and
also kinda what @PlayerOne said ty @Amy @HOST_Nala and the rest of the staff for making a change not because it would be popular, but cause you guys thought it would be best for the game.

i sincerely hope to see more changes like this. Players opinions should be taken into consideration,but ultimately i want to see changes made for the best even if its not going to be popular with players.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Is friendly pirates really the problem? I worry that having the kraaken will limit conversations during the games which I am definitely against....this is and should be a social game.
I think a simple solution to this (with keeping the kraken in the game) is to fix it so that you can talk without having to tap into the chat bar, like it was before @Amy

Amy

Head Administrator
What is also a good feature in this game.... PHOTOS!!!!!!! OH WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DONT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!@@@##@#@#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
apparently a small part of the button works im not sure why its like that but there you go

Hey all! I think the Kraken is a great reintroduction of an old feature from the OG game. However, I think for this to be effective it's important to first address the common bug of not being able to move. I've seen this a handful of times just within the last hour, and it's especially disappointing when this happens to one person and all eight players have to suffer for it.

I know that's been said already, but I think this feature could be improved and celebrated if we 1. fix the paralysis bug and 2. make it so only the person who gets eaten is the one who suffers. I think that's fair. Anyway, always exciting to see a new feature implemented and see the new energy it brings to the game. Thanks staff for always being receptive and reinventing! :)