Return of the Kraken

PoorFroning

Will it though? How long does round in friendly last? I feel like running to the flag/running back probably takes a little less then 15 seconds (all guesswork of course, I don't play friendlies so would not know)

Also @Amy any chance of getting the classic fireballs from dead ships back? IIRC the number of fireballs were related to how much ammo you died with. Also, gold-only overtime?
ive timed each round of each level for the quickest pathing from the best positioning possible. most scenarios take more than 15 seconds. it is possible to do ship battle friendlies where each round is quicker than 15 seconds. it boggles my mind that people still haven't figured this one out after plenty of years.

edit: haven't tested the extra 3 levels, just the original 3

overall, not really sure how this concept benefits the game. seems to do more harm than good, whether the player who gets krakened does it intentionally or accidentally

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
overall, not really sure how this concept benefits the game. seems to do more harm than good, whether the player who gets krakened does it intentionally or accidentally
It benefits the game because a ton of people would load up 8 people into a friendly game and just have 2 people running while the other 6 (or 4, or 2) were afk. Whether you think that this should or should not be allowed is your opinion and one that has already been debated here quite a lot, but the fact is a TON of credits were getting injected into the game because you literally didn't even have to play to earn them. This caused credits to be valued less and less since there were so many in game and values of items to skyrocket.

PoorFroning

It benefits the game because a ton of people would load up 8 people into a friendly game and just have 2 people running while the other 6 (or 4, or 2) were afk. Whether you think that this should or should not be allowed is your opinion and one that has already been debated here quite a lot, but the fact is a TON of credits were getting injected into the game because you literally didn't even have to play to earn them. This caused credits to be valued less and less since there were so many in game and values of items to skyrocket.
i hate friendlies regardless of if people have to click once every 15 seconds or not... friendlies will continue to be played and credits will still be "injected into the game" whether you think they are earned or not. for those who care about the games "economy," this won't change a thing. i know other people like friendlies and dont care if they do them. what i do care about is how this change negatively effects the way the game was intended to be played.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
i hate friendlies regardless of if people have to click once every 15 seconds or not... friendlies will continue to be played and credits will still be "injected into the game" whether you think they are earned or not. for those who care about the games "economy," this won't change a thing. i know other people like friendlies and dont care if they do them. what i do care about is how this change negatively effects the way the game was intended to be played.
I disagree. Yes friendlies will still happen, however with no afk friendlies, there will be less. Yes lots of credits still coming into the game, but less.

I just want to add that after several days playing with this new implementation, I've noticed a lot more dissension amongst players/fights breaking out after people lag out. I also continue to experience the bug of being unable to move, as do several other players. I just am starting to wonder if bringing back this feature at the expense of a civil gaming environment is worth it. And I want to reiterate that this feature shouldn't exist as long as the paralysis bug is still happening. :)

markle

okay after reading through this thread (and ending up with a headache at some of the responses) i just have to wonder why people want to be lazy and still expect to get as much of a reward as those who put in real effort to the game? i'm a relatively new player and i have to admit that the afk friendly potc games were Very helpful for me in learning the dynamics of the game. if you are really concerned about not having enough time to earn credits, you really can just ride the alice or peter pan rides? selling ash for 50 credits each can add up over time. sure, you don't make as much credits as you would have in the past doing friendly potc, but something is better than nothing. while i don't believe that any of the minigames in myvmk require That much skill or should be That competitive, to each their own? jc and hm aren't that hard with a trackpad if you practice with it. after playing on a trackpad for a few months, i can still get a score of close to 40k each game for jc. it's all about the effort you're willing to put into the game! more effort = more credits, it's as simple as that. at least the kraken doesn't affect the entirety of the players now if one person goes afk!

i'm glad that the staff are trying to improve the game constantly and that they are doing away with people who just want to rack up credits and inflate the myvmk economy. not saying names or anything, but in the short time i've been on this game, i've known that there are people who would get a ton of easy credits and then sell them for real money. one of the biggest draws for myvmk was the fact that it's completely free to play, unlike a lot of other online gaming communities that offer "starter packages" or something for real money. everyone should be thankful that the staff put in as much effort and time as they do for a game that they really don't get compensated for, that i'm aware of.