Riddle Game

Kinglaser

So one person asks a riddle, and whoever solves it gets to ask the next one.
Rules:
No googling
Try to only have three riddles max going at once, so it doesn't get too confusing.
Obviously make sure the riddles are appropriate for the site.

My riddle:
You have died and found that before you go either direction, you must make a choice. There are two doors, one leads up and the other leads down. They are identical. In front of each door is a guard, both identical. One guard will always lie, the other will always tell the truth, but you do not know which is which. You may ask one guard one question, without knowing if he will lie or tell the truth.
What single question can you ask to find the door that leads to Heaven?

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro

Hmm well that's easy because in theory, when faced with two options, one good and one bad and you can only ask a single question to one guard only; then you have to essentially ask 'two questions' formed by one question only.

Meaning, you ask guard 'A'; 'What would guard 'B' say if your door leads to heaven?' IF guard A is the one who tells the truth, he would point out that guard B would lie and say his leads to heaven. Now IF guard A is the one who lies though, he would say then guard B's door leads to hell, meaning that he wouldn't want you to pick B door knowing it leads to heaven. Its evident that the choice becomes clear once the guard lies or tells the truth by asking one guard about the other.

I'll wait for my turn before I post a riddle next ~

Ill do the next riddle.

After a long day of work i started on my way home. On my way home i can upon the following problem: An entire town had been painted black. everything. the bushes, the walls, the trees. Everything. now directly after turning the corner, There was a black dog in the road. The dog was completely black and wasn't facing me so i didn't even see a glint in his eye, he was also deaf. To make the problem even worse, the street lights were out, the towns power was out. my headlights were gone, and the moon wasn't showing. yet even with all these problems i was able to safely slow down, and gently drive around the dog bringing it no harm. How was i able to safely get around the dog even with all these problems?

Kinglaser

Hmm well that's easy because in theory, when faced with two options, one good and one bad and you can only ask a single question to one guard only; then you have to essentially ask 'two questions' formed by one question only.

Meaning, you ask guard 'A'; 'What would guard 'B' say if your door leads to heaven?' IF guard A is the one who tells the truth, he would point out that guard B would lie and say his leads to heaven. Now IF guard A is the one who lies though, he would say then guard B's door leads to hell, meaning that he wouldn't want you to pick B door knowing it leads to heaven. Its evident that the choice becomes clear once the guard lies or tells the truth by asking one guard about the other.

I'll wait for my turn before I post a riddle next ~

This is right.
Ill do the next riddle.

After a long day of work i started on my way home. On my way home i can upon the following problem: An entire town had been painted black. everything. the bushes, the walls, the trees. Everything. now directly after turning the corner, There was a black dog in the road. The dog was completely black and wasn't facing me so i didn't even see a glint in his eye, he was also deaf. To make the problem even worse, the street lights were out, the towns power was out. my headlights were gone, and the moon wasn't showing. yet even with all these problems i was able to safely slow down, and gently drive around the dog bringing it no harm. How was i able to safely get around the dog even with all these problems?
Because it was still light out? I dunno lol

This is right.

Because it was still light out? I dunno lol
Yeah. It was still sunny out. The trick is that it says the moon was not out so many people make the assumption that it is night when really it is in fact still day!

----------

Alright, how about this one.

One Monday you are sitting at a cafe and over hear someone talking. the person says "Yeah Roy's wife Kim, shot him on Saturday, then on Sunday, she hung it up." however before the person finishes he walks out of the cafe. You look around and sitting in a booth you see Roy and Kim sitting together, both very much alive. How was Kim able to shoot her husband, hang it up, but then be at the cafe with her husband who didn't even have a scratch on him?

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
One Monday you are sitting at a cafe and over hear someone talking. the person says "Yeah Roy's wife Kim, shot him on Saturday, then on Sunday, she hung it up." however before the person finishes he walks out of the cafe. You look around and sitting in a booth you see Roy and Kim sitting together, both very much alive. How was Kim able to shoot her husband, hang it up, but then be at the cafe with her husband who didn't even have a scratch on him?

Well, given what's provided by this in the details, one would have to assume that Kim is actually taking a picture with an old camera. One that has to be hung up and developed in a dark room. You see her and Roy alive, she 'shot and hung' him up. The only thing that I can think of would be a photograph.

-----------------------------------------

Ok here's a riddle for everyone to think on:

You come across a house. You enter it blindly but are able to come out seeing once you leave. What am I ??

Well, given what's provided by this in the details, one would have to assume that Kim is actually taking a picture with an old camera. One that has to be hung up and developed in a dark room. You see her and Roy alive, she 'shot and hung' him up. The only thing that I can think of would be a photograph.

-----------------------------------------

You come across a house. You enter it blindly but are able to come out seeing once you leave. What am I ??

your right about my riddle and could the answer to yours be that the person could not see o they went to the eye doctor where they got glasses?

Chill

Hmm.. I think the answer to this is a school but I might be wrong.

Here's one of my favorites:

A man has somehow gotten himself stranded on a small island in September. The closest land is 5 miles away. The water around the island is very deep. He cannot swim, he cannot call for help, he cannot use any resources (wood, leaves, etc) on the island to build a boat or call for help in any way, yet after a couple months, he has returned to land. How did he do this?

(I added a lil hint in this that's not in the original riddle:))

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
your right about my riddle and could the answer to yours be that the person could not see o they went to the eye doctor where they got glasses?
Hmm.. I think the answer to this is a school but I might be wrong.

Here's one of my favorites:

A man has somehow gotten himself stranded on a small island in September. The closest land is 5 miles away. The water around the island is very deep. He cannot swim, he cannot call for help, he cannot use any resources (wood, leaves, etc) on the island to build a boat or call for help in any way, yet after a couple months, he has returned to land. How did he do this?

(I added a lil hint in this that's not in the original riddle:))

You are correct, it is a school. School can teach wisdom and in turn wisdom opens the eyes of the blind.

Hmmm for this riddle above ^ before I can give my thoughts on an answer, can you tell me what part of the ocean/this island is located? There's one thing in particular in this riddle that stands out to me. Disclosing the month of September, that gives me an idea for the answer to this riddle but I'd like to know where this island is located. I think the key to this is understanding why it says September, why is that pointed out.... I think it has to due with change in environment and temperatures he will experience in the coming months but I'd need to know the probability of it due to where this island is located for me to answer this lol. =s So in other words, I think I know the answer but that depends on the likelihood of where the island is located in the ocean itself.

You are correct, it is a school. School can teach wisdom and in turn wisdom opens the eyes of the blind.

Hmmm for this riddle above ^ before I can give my thoughts on an answer, can you tell me what part of the ocean/this island is located? There's one thing in particular in this riddle that stands out to me. Disclosing the month of September, that gives me an idea for the answer to this riddle but I'd like to know where this island is located. I think the key to this is understanding why it says September, why is that pointed out.... I think it has to due with change in environment and temperatures he will experience in the coming months but I'd need to know the probability of it due to where this island is located for me to answer this lol. =s So in other words, I think I know the answer but that depends on the likelihood of where the island is located in the ocean itself.
I didn't even think of that. As soon as you pointed out September, I got it. Lol

Chill

@†_MetalGoth_† let's just say the island is off the coast of the UK.

----------

@Kinglaser Hahaha was I too obvious? I was told this riddle in 4th grade and found the answer with no hints of time of year, but I worked at it for about 2 weeks.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
@†_MetalGoth_† let's just say the island is off the coast of the UK.

My answer would have to be a floating ice block, assuming it is anywhere close to the northern polar ice caps and ends up off the coast of the UK. If it were in the polar regions, then maybe he'd get lucky and get to 'run' on the ice itself to another piece of land lol. At least that's my thoughts on it but more than likely given whats in this riddle, a floating block of ice ends up close enough for him to jump on and then float to land. Talk about luck though...and obviously the environment and time of the year would play factors as well..

He died of starvation and his corpse washed up on the shore of the mainland a couple months later.

...That's all I can come up with xDD

Two men are seen going from house to house taking one thing at every house. They always take the same thing and they always do it on a Friday. A cop has seen these two men but has never arrested them or even questioned them. Who are the men, what are they stealing, and why hasn't the cop questioned them?

Two men are seen going from house to house taking one thing at every house. They always take the same thing and they always do it on a Friday. A cop has seen these two men but has never arrested them or even questioned them. Who are the men, what are they stealing, and why hasn't the cop questioned them?
Are they garbage men, taking the trash from each house?

I love this thread so much since I love riddles. Can I do one even though I haven't solved one?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Here's one for you to think on~

I am surrounded by darkness at birth. One who picks me cuts my tail and takes off my suit of silk but then cries beside me when I am dead. What/who am I?