Robo's Unnecessarily Detailed Guide to Jungle Cruise

Robo

01101000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 !
Er, um, I mean... Hello!

Jungle Cruise is a minigame that is often played but very infrequently talked about in detail. Many guides from top scoring players are a little disorganized and are either too specific for a struggling player to understand or too trivial to help an experienced player break through a plateau. Therefore, I have decided to compile potentially useful information about each stage that may help players across all skill levels and potentially increase the scores everyone can achieve consistently.

This process is sort of slow and, as such, I will be releasing these one at a time.

BASIC INFO:
- JC uses premade seeds to determine the order each animal appears. I will be posting the seeds that I've found here.
- the scoring is based upon a combination of speed and accuracy
- the scoring is *slightly* wonky. Even using a custom made tool to ensure that my cursor was in the exact same position every time, and would click at the exact same time, I got different scores. It could be an error on my part but it resulted in the same seeds having the potential for about as much as a 30 point difference. (the screen shot was taken by hand at slightly different times, but the animal was clicked on at the same time)
score_difference.png
- In order to make the seeds readable, I have used an organization system. The letters indicate the kind of animal it is. The number indicates which specific animal it is in its species, from left to right.

Pool_1_labeled.png
in this specific stage, there are Monkeys (m), a Crane (c), Crocodiles (cr), Elephants (e) and Snakes (s)
Each loop of a stage is different than the last. These sequences exist for Elephant Bathing Pool 1 (the first loop) but will be different
on Elephant Bathing Pool 2 (the second loop.)
ELEPHANT BATHING POOL 1:
Number of Animals: 12
Number of Photos: 14
Since we take more photos than there are animals, there will always be two repeats. As you'll see from the seeds, its always the same two animals.

sequence A: M3 M1 S3 M2 E2 C1 Cr2 E3 E1 Cr1 M1 S1 S2 E1
sequence B: Cr1 E1 M1 S1 C1 E1 M1 E3 S2 M2 E2 S3 Cr2 M3
sequence C: Cr2 Cr1 C1 E1 E2 M3 S2 M1 E1 S3 E3 S1 M1 M2
sequence D: Cr2 S2 E1 E3 M1 S1 M2 S3 M3 Cr1 M1 E1 C1 E2
sequence E: S1 E1 M1 Cr2 M3 C1 S3 M2 E1 M1 E3 Cr1 E2 S2
sequence F: S2 S1 E2 M3 M1 C1 M2 M1 S3 E3 E1 Cr1 Cr2 E1
sequence G: M1 E2 Cr1 Cr2 S3 S2 M2 E1 M1 C1 S1 E1 M3 E3
sequence H: M1 M3 Cr2 E1 E1 S1 M2 S3 E2 Cr1 E3 S2 C1 M1
sequence I: M1 S2 C1 M3 S1 M2 Cr2 E2 S3 E3 E1 Cr1 E1 M1
sequence J: S3 S1 M1 Cr2 E1 E2 S2 M3 C1 M1 Cr1 M2 E3 E1

Repeats: The two animals that always repeat are M1 and E1. Therefore, if you dont feel like memorizing an entire sequence keep this in mind. All other animals appear once, M1 and E1 will always appear twice. This way you can hover over their spots as a decently educated guess rather than blank space. This also means that you can discount any other animal that has already appeared.

Starting Animals: Not every animal can begin a sequence. In fact, 5 can't. A sequence will never begin with E1, E2, E3, (so no elephants) M2, or C1. The most common starting animal is M1, followed by Cr2, and then the rest that are used are equal. Therefore, if you want to make a guess about where the sequence will start, hover over M1.

All the sequences are completely unique by the second animal, so if you had a perfect memory you could just remember them. However, I think discovering good rules of thumb will be enough to boost your score. If you see any patterns I didn't mention, let me know :)

Notes on Score: The sequence you get doesn't effect the score, as long as you click quickly. The pool(lol) of points is always the same, the order you add them just changes. Although, this may change in different stages if some animals aren't guaranteed to spawn.

Notes on Sequences: These were compiled over the course of maybe like 30 runs. Its possible that there is a 11th sequence I never stumbled across but its not super likely. If you find one let me know, and I'll update the sequences accordingly.

Timing: The animals seem to spawn once every 1.5 seconds. If you are going to be doing some memorizing, keep this timing in mind. It'll help you cheat a little on your reaction times if you know where to click before you even see the animal.

CONCLUSION:
I encourage all of you to use this info to your benefit. Let me know if you guys want any more info on this stage, or the game in general. I'll be working on Tiki-Tiki Room 1 next. In the meantime, let me know what kind of scores you all are getting on Elephant Pool 1. I'd be interested to see :)