Rumors about Microsoft changing the Windows kernel to the Linux Kernel

Shadowofumbreon

I been hearing and reading rumors about Microsoft slowly moving away from Windows and eventually making a version of Windows with the Linux kernel. I was wondering your guy's thoughts? Honestly for me I'm kinda mixed about it. I'm not sure if it would do more good or do more bad to Windows or Linux. Honestly part of me wouldn't mind a Linux version of Windows because it would push more people towards Linux to develop things like more native games and apps so we really don't need wine anymore. I mean then what happens to the security of Linux I mean it's alright it can still be hacked tho people don't seem to care due to the market share. Anyway I feel like Linux wouldn't be that safe place some of us go to even tho thanks to the power of open source there is other alternative distros with different visions. Anyway I'm sorry falling off topic lol
(TLDR): I feel like it could go both ways. Anyways feel free to share your thoughts I would like to know what some non Linux users would think about this?