Sharing The Good In Life.

Shadows

I just wanted to share something with this community about my life. The past 4 years have been a rough patch of my life. First off, I lost my sister, she was my best friend since we grew up together. I miss her so much everyday, and not a day goes by where I don't think of her. I miss you sis, so much and I hope you know that. Also, 4 years ago today 6-12-11 my father decided to leave my life. Without saying why he left, he moved away blocked me from his phone and his whole life. It hurt so bad, I am his son, and a son learns from his dad and follows his steps. I can't tell you why he left because I don't even know why he did.

When he left, I felt empty? I couldn't focus on school, I started failing classes, losing friends, not talking to anyone. I became some-what depressed. My mom was worried sick about me. Sometimes I would just stay up all night thinking "what did I do wrong?" I treated people who loved me horrible because my father left me. My senior year in high school I was 20 credits behind from graduating, and I was already failing my classes this year. I sat down one day and just thought "Why am I letting myself get beat up over my fathers selfish decision to abandon me?"

That day I began to fight for my life. If anything was to change in my life I had to change it. No one else controls your life but yourself. I graduated high school in 2014, and made my mom proud. My sister proud. Then I began my next adventure, college. I am going to a Junior College because my grades from high school were D averages. At this time I felt so great about myself, I felt like I am going somewhere now. I'm a criminal justice major, and I'm aspiring to become a police officer. My dreams are becoming a reality now! I just finished my first year of college on the Presidents Honor Roll, achieving a 3.8 GPA!

I wanted to share this story with you guys, to show you even when you feel like giving up on yourself, DONT! Even at your lowest time in life, you can rise and bring greatness. Life is full of opportunity and you have to grasp it. This community has been nothing but great to me, and feels like a second family to me. I can't thank you guys enough and hope everyone on here succeeds in life.

Thanks for reading,

Jonathan :)

I'm so proud of you, and I'm sure your sister is, too! I'm so glad that you decided to fight for yourself, because you are in control of your own life. I've seen you in game, and you're pretty nice from what I've seen. Keep being awesome, Shadows. Let me know if you ever wanna talk about something. :halcyon:

Shadows

I'm so proud of you, and I'm sure your sister is, too! I'm so glad that you decided to fight for yourself, because you are in control of your own life. I've seen you in game, and you're pretty nice from what I've seen. Keep being awesome, Shadows. Let me know if you ever wanna talk about something. :halcyon:
Thank you so much! It's always nice to hear things like this :)

:hug:I'm so proud of you, just as i know your sister is as well, and how far you have gone already. You're an absolutely wonderful person to be around and speak to. I know you will go far in life with the attitude you have now and the joy you bring not only for yourself, but others around you. You can always hollar at me if you ever need anyone to lean on or listen. Shine bright like a diamond, even when there are lurking shadows ;) :grizzly::hearts:

:flower::rose:

Shadows

:hug:I'm so proud of you, just as i know your sister is as well, and how far you have gone already. You're an absolutely wonderful person to be around and speak to. I know you will go far in life with the attitude you have now and the joy you bring not only for yourself, but others around you. You can always hollar at me if you ever need anyone to lean on or listen. Shine bright like a diamond, even when there are lurking shadows ;) :grizzly::hearts:
Thank you so much ang, this means a lot to me! Thanks for always being here for me too! :)

Actually brought a tear to my eye. I'm sorry for everything you've had to go through.
Life is hard sometimes, but you really turned it around and are doing great things!
I'm very proud of you, and I'm sure your sister is too. ♥ :hug:
If you ever wanna talk about anything, I'm always here. Literally.

Shadows

Actually brought a tear to my eye. I'm sorry for everything you've had to go through.
Life is hard sometimes, but you really turned it around and are doing great things!
I'm very proud of you, and I'm sure your sister is too. ♥ :hug:
If you ever wanna talk about anything, I'm always here. Literally.
Thank you so much!