Votes: 149 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dank

I want the game to be like it was in the old VMK. You shouldn't be changing it because some people think it's too hard.. credits aren't supposed to be easy to get.

Geggy

I knew at one point we would disagree. *shakes fist*

#teamoriginalfireworks
I'm all for bringing back the original Fireworks game as well, as long as we would have the option to play both and the payout would be equitable. :)

We disagreed, Julesoola...the end of the world must be upon us! :)

I'm all for bringing back the original Fireworks game as well, as long as we would have the option to play both and the payout would be equitable. :)

We disagreed, Julesoola...the end of the world must be upon us! :)
I would LOVE the option to play both! :thumbsup:

Yes, I believe the payout should be a bit higher. Not drastically, but I've only been able to get 200 credits. It's more than likely because I'm rubbish at the game, but I think it would help those out who are having trouble getting credits to purchase the things they want.
i agree with the land stealer

I think the scoring system is fine, my only complaint would be that the explode all button does not work properly yet. It does explode all of the fireworks on the screen but only with your chosen firework. It is supposed to be a kind of wildcard if you will.

Geggy

I think the scoring system is fine, my only complaint would be that the explode all button does not work properly yet. It does explode all of the fireworks on the screen but only with your chosen firework. It is supposed to be a kind of wildcard if you will.
Actually, that's how the "Explode All" feature always worked: you pick which firework you want, and the ones that matched got the appropriate "Awesome," or "Flawless," etc. The rest were "ok" or "oops."

One just has to make sure they pick the best firework...

Lastly, I will add that the "Explode All" feature is only needed a couple times in the game. It would be nice to have it needed a few more times. :D

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Is everyone reading the original post? Scores are not going to change if you simply want more credits. If you played fireworks in VMK and these are the usual scores you got then the scoring system should not be changed. Personally I never got the chance to play fireworks all that much in VMK so I have no clue what my usual scores would be. If the scores are bumped up then I would likely be making 1000+ credits a game going off of the previous bump up in score when the game first released. That's simply way too much, I'm already sketchy about the amounts I'm getting now.

To be fair, I'm happy with my credit earnings at the moment. No matter where they set the credits at, everyone will still be in the same place earnings-wise in relation to everyone else (ie, you're not suddenly going to be making as many credits playing fireworks as the superstars if credits go up) so there isn't even an argument for leveling out the playing field. But more credits in play means that buyables lose value and for some people that's how they're going to be able to participate in trading and all that hooplah. So I say, give the buyables value, keep credits where they're at.

I just want to eliminate/reduce that urge I have to throw my laptop out the window everytime I hit an "awesome". Awesome is supposed to be awesome!! ;)

Maybe supplement credits earnings with "Fireworks Induced Anger Management Events".

relizabeth

I believe making the game more user friendly would involve changing the function of the flawless multiplier. I feel that instead of returning the flawless multiplier to x1.0 after every non-flawless hit, the multiplier should be reduced by x1.0. This would make the game more accident forgiving. If we see a huge increase of scores, I'd say reduce credit returns to 15% -- under no circumstances should any amount above 1,250 be received after any game.
i like this idea. make it so the flawless multiplier goes down for every non flawless. i think it goes up by .5 so it should go down by .5 for every non flawless

HarryFan

I like it now that all the fireworks count towards the score and bonuses are working. It might be nice to see Double Fireworks Fridays for the time being so people can earn more credits that way, but over-all I think it is fine now the way it is. :)

-Fan

even after the bonus i only get around 300-400 credits which isn't bad but i think that since its basically the only game thats offered right now it should be a bit higher until another comes out. Once pirates or the jungle game come out ( whichever are closer to being finished) then it can be lowered back down to the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

even after the bonus i only get around 300-400 credits which isn't bad but i think that since its basically the only game thats offered right now it should be a bit higher until another comes out. Once pirates or the jungle game come out ( whichever are closer to being finished) then it can be lowered back down to the norm.
I take that back. I just played it and the credits were much more reasonable this time. so i vote no to changing the scoring.

I voted no. I just came out of the game winning 400 credits, I honestly thought I was going to win 200 so I'm extremely surprised, but at the same time happy since it was worth playing.
The bonuses really help too.

So essentially, a slight majority of people who feel strongly enough to post their opinions and their reasoning believe no, but the anonymous majority voted yes. This smells.

Kiki

I voted no for 2 reasons.

1) I do not think padding everyone's purse is a good idea. The economy cannot stabalize if players have an exorbitant amout of credits at their disposal.

However,I feel the current prices are too high relative to the amount of credits a reasonable player can make. It is unreasonable to assume the average player can earn enough credits to enjoy what the game has to offer in shops. It causes players to feel nervous, frustrated, and bitter about the situation. I do not want to see people leave MyVMK because they cannot afford the things that would make them happy. This is not a real-life economy, it is a game! It is suppose to be a fun one! Let people enjoy the items and build rooms by lowering prices. They will be having fun and player retention will remain high. You will get more bees with honey ;)

2) I'm already pretty good at fireworks :P

Yes.

As of now, the shell game and Fireworks are comparable credit-wise, but Fireworks is more intensive (requires more active commitment and all that). Decreasing the shell game's payouts would be pretty destructive economically (there are a zillion items out now, and two ways to get credits to buy them). The alternative is making Fireworks pay out better.

I liked Ryzian's suggestion of changing the way the flawless multiplier works. (Drop multiplier by 1.0x, not to 1.0x, every time something is not hit flawlessly.)

I vote yes because, it is very hard to do on a laptop. And if you're on a laptop you get lower scores, and lower credits. So if the points are raised up, then it will be easier for us to get points.

I vote yes because, it is very hard to do on a laptop. And if you're on a laptop you get lower scores, and lower credits. So if the points are raised up, then it will be easier for us to get points.
Which isn't valid reason, given that the same will be true of desktop users. And people will still be mad someone has more credits than them. Just get a mouse. They're really cheap, and you'll need it for pirates. And Jungle Cruise. And Mansion. And everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.