• No...

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
Hey everyone!
Some members in the shoutbox got me thinking, we should have a shoutbox app! I don't know if I would need staff approval but I have a developer license with Apple and I could publish it for the forums, if someone were willing to code it for me, but if no one would be willing I could probably code it. @Solar had a great idea of sending push notifications whenever your name was mentioned!
Let me know what you guys think!​

Calinstran

You've got a developer license? That's 100$ a year :O You must publish a lot of apps haha. Good luck, I'm really only familiar with HTML and slightly with javescript. Not nearly well enough to make an app.

mark

10 mins late to everything
arent you like 14? How do u have a developer license for android or apple (lol not a lot use windows) and how do you already have that much knowledge to code at such a young age cri

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
arent you like 14? How do u have a developer license for android or apple (lol not a lot use windows) and how do you already have that much knowledge to code at such a young age cri
Uh, I'm 17 thx, and I payed for it like a normal person would..

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
So, this is actually a thing, and I'm actually making it and it's gonna inclue the whole site, forums, shoutbox, changelogs, everything.

Emelon

So, this is actually a thing, and I'm actually making it and it's gonna inclue the whole site, forums, shoutbox, changelogs, everything.
So basically a myvmk forum app, not just a shoutbox app.
I think a pure shoutbox app and/or a forum alert system would be much more useful. If I want to go on the forums on my phone I can just use the mobie site, downloading an extra app is more work that I'd rather not do and space that I'd rather not give up lol
But an app just for the shoutbox or an app that sends me my forum alerts would be cool. Not sure how that'd work

Megara

no sleep club
But an app just for the shoutbox or an app that sends me my forum alerts would be cool. Not sure how that'd work
Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but I think Tapatalk does give you notifications if someone likes a post of yours on the forums, or if someone quotes you. I can't guarantee anything with private messages because I don't PM anyone on here, so I'm not sure if that also gives you notifications (I'm pretty sure it would), but if you're looking for some alerts for the general forums, I'm pretty sure Tapatalk does that. :)

Hope your app goes well, Killjoy. :)

Emelon

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but I think Tapatalk does give you notifications if someone likes a post of yours on the forums, or if someone quotes you. I can't guarantee anything with private messages because I don't PM anyone on here, so I'm not sure if that also gives you notifications (I'm pretty sure it would), but if you're looking for some alerts for the general forums, I'm pretty sure Tapatalk does that. :)

Hope your app goes well, Killjoy. :)
I was thinking more along the lines of something much simpler, not an app that includes the entire forum in a mobilized form. An app whose sole purpose is to view and chat on the shoutbox, that also simply notifies of forum alerts. Mainly I don't think it's necessary to create another forum app when there's already Tapatalk and mobile versions of the site. But to each his own, good luck Killjoy :)

Megara

no sleep club
I was thinking more along the lines of something much simpler, not an app that includes the entire forum in a mobilized form. An app whose sole purpose is to view and chat on the shoutbox, that also simply notifies of forum alerts. Mainly I don't think it's necessary to create another forum app when there's already Tapatalk and mobile versions of the site. But to each his own, good luck Killjoy :)
Gotcha. When I read it I thought you were looking for a way to get notifications from the forums - I understand what you mean about just a shoutbox/notifications solely. I personally never go on the shoutbox, so Tapatalk is just fine for me. Hope you can find something useful to you soon. :)

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
What I am doing is basically, it has a section for the changelogs, it has a section for the newsletter, a section for the shoutbox, a section for the forums, and I'm trying to code it so where you have a list of words that are your, whitelist, so to speak, and when the words are mentioned in the Shoutbox, you get a notification. Basically everything MyVMK all in one place! Also, a notification when the newsletter is updated, and a section for changing shoutbox fonts (if the command is kept, if not, then I'll change this section into something else).

What I am doing is basically, it has a section for the changelogs, it has a section for the newsletter, a section for the shoutbox, a section for the forums, and I'm trying to code it so where you have a list of words that are your, whitelist, so to speak, and when the words are mentioned in the Shoutbox, you get a notification. Basically everything MyVMK all in one place! Also, a notification when the newsletter is updated, and a section for changing shoutbox fonts (if the command is kept, if not, then I'll change this section into something else).
What is the status on the project?