Shoutbox

Andrew

Pinging @Captain-Heather - A lot of people want the shoutbox back. Instead of replying and just linking to the thread you originally made about the shoutbox removal (which you did on a few other threads) why not listen to the users and actually have the shoutbox reinstated?

Also pinging @Eliz.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I want the sb back too. The forums are so boring now, and now if I have a question that needs to be immediately answered I'm hosed, or if I have a problem in game I can't get help, and no one knows what the prizes are for the host events in the beginning of the event. The shoutbox is so helpful and I think it was taken for granted.

Andrew

Ultimately, it probably won't ever come back. And if that's the case, I guess not much else I can say.
Honestly, not to sound rude or anything but I think this is quite stupid. The shoutbox was one of the most active parts of the forum, used by many users. There were times where it was even more active than the actual game.

I just don't see why something that was used often will probably "never come back" when there are numerous people requesting its return.

There were reasons it was removed just like their are reasons why it's still gone. Ultimately it is not my decision if it comes back, so I really don't know what to say to all the people who do want it back.

Sorry guys! I know this wasn't the answer you were looking for. I know Eliz said it probably won't come back, but take hope in the fact that there is room in there for a positive outcome (probably is not a 100% negative). And I've been a member of loads of forums who didn't have a shoutbox. People still seemed to figure out information, make friends, socialize, etc on the forums without it so I know a resourceful bunch as all of you can do the same. It may not be quite as instantaneous, but hey! let's not be the generation of instant gratification ;)

: pluto: (this is supposed to be a Pluto icon...so use your imaginations)

I think the staff should give it one more go.. I mean, now maybe everyone will understand what it would be like without the shoutbox, and they won't do what they did. I think we should get one more chance.

This is the first time it was taken from us. We should get a chance.
It's not like we've had it taken away multiple times before. One screw up and it's gone forever?
There would be 70+ people in the shoutbox at times. It's a fact that people go there to get quick information.
It's also where people go to talk to friends, and make new ones.
It's where we came together as a community. In my opinion, it's the heart of the Forums.

We could.. it'll just be hard for us to gather people.. and if that's allowed to be talked about or idek :(.
Eh dont think so I think people will go to it to try it out just because of what it is and there are other ways of spreading its word other than the forums i.e facebook group and word of mouth.

Eh dont think so I think people will go to it to try it out just because of what it is and there are other ways of spreading its word other than the forums i.e facebook group and word of mouth.
I could probably put together a little site for something like this in that case.. or we could just use IRC.