Shoutbox

So take away the shout box, then take away the right of us wanting to tell others about another site to talk to friends. Am I missing something here?
Didn't say you couldn't PM it, I said for the sake of keeping things G-rated we wouldn't allow a post.

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
I completely agree with @taiflower, that is literally how I feel about the whole thing...The forums are so boring without it.... I just go on the website, look at updates, and leave now. Before I would just go to the direct shoutbox link and talk and not even come onto the forums, there is nothing to do on here now.... Just looking for a thread that is relevant to what I want to talk about at that moment is just too hard to find, and too time consuming. In the shoutbox you could take to anyone about anything at any time... I just really want the shoutbox back, please.

Andrew

Do the admins/staff not realize that the game (as of right now and aside from host events), as well as the forums are both usually pretty dead? Do they not realize that the shoutbox was actually quite active (more so than the game at times a majority of the time?

I don't think they understand the significance of the shoutbox. If they did, they wouldn't have removed the shoutbox in the first place.

Okay why is this site even G-rated.. I understand that it's a Disney game and you want it to be kid-friendly. But let's be honest, there are little to no kids on this side (meaning 12 and under). Like.. if the rules weren't so strict people would probably follow them, but since they are strict, people easily break them. I don't see the need for this site to be G rated, I mean I don't want it like 18+ but both kid friendly and adult friendly...

Andrew

Okay why is this site even G-rated.. I understand that it's a Disney game and you want it to be kid-friendly. But let's be honest, there are little to no kids on this side (meaning 12 and under). Like.. if the rules weren't so strict people would probably follow them, but since they are strict, people easily break them. I don't see the need for this site to be G rated, I mean I don't want it like 18+ but both kid friendly and adult friendly...
Not saying I disagree with you, but I actually met a ten year old in game the other day.[DOUBLEPOST=1409085333][/DOUBLEPOST]
Didn't say you couldn't PM it, I said for the sake of keeping things G-rated we wouldn't allow a post.
You can only PM something to so many people, meaning not everyone will know about the chatroom if it's not on the actual forums. Besides, why should someone have to go through the trouble of making a new chat room when the one for the forums could easily be reimplemented.

Not saying I disagree with you, but I actually met a ten year old in game the other day.[DOUBLEPOST=1409085333][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can only PM something to so many people, meaning not everyone will know about the chatroom if it's not on the actual forums. Besides, why should someone have to go through the trouble of making a new chat room when the one for the forums could easily be reimplemented.
oh I know there's young kids like that in game, im talking about forums, the youngest ive seen on the forums is age 13 @LilMcBoodlebop ;)

Andrew

oh I know there's young kids like that in game, im talking about forums
Then I do agree with you. Most of the people who frequent the shoutbox are not kids (older than thirteen).[DOUBLEPOST=1409085708][/DOUBLEPOST]I think the difference between the game and the forums is that not everyone in game is in one place together. Everyone is spread out in different rooms and places, whereas on the forums everyone is in one shoutbox so people have the ability to talk to more people and have better conversations.

Stitchiee

Spooky Scary Skeletons
This site is G-Rated because it revolves around VMK.. a site meant for kids and teens. I know those who played are now grown ups and we've come back. But I think keeping it that way is correct. You can just pm people if you're not allowed to post certain topics publicly

This site is G-Rated because it revolves around VMK.. a site meant for kids and teens. I know those who played are now grown ups and we've come back. But I think keeping it that way is correct. You can just pm people if you're not allowed to post certain topics publicly
I feel that the forums and game are too close.. I understand why the game would want to be G rated but with so many adults and older teens, it's not really needed. I just feel like we're being treated like little kids, which a lot of people hate

Stitchiee

Spooky Scary Skeletons
I feel that the forums and game are too close.. I understand why the game would want to be G rated but with so many adults and older teens, it's not really needed. I just feel like we're being treated like little kids, which a lot of people hate
If you feel like you're being treated like a little kid it's because you've come back to a site MEANT for kids, we only grew up and of course, it's not the same but you have to keep in mind that more people are joining everyday and kids too. Staff may be strict on keeping things G-Rated I know, but it's to keep order.
There are always other sites, like tumblr, where I can say what I want and post all kinds of stuff without being banned lol

I really miss the shoutbox tho.. it's really sad that it had to be taken away

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
*raises hand*

Just ban the ppl that are misbehaving, problem solved.
I was banned from the shoutout box even before it was removed, so I could care less if it comes back or not, but I think it's wrong to remove it completely, like if you can't handle the stress that comes with a moderation position, then don't sign up to be a mod.

I feel like the more we discuss it, the less likely the mods are going to reinstate it. From what I have been reading, and I know it really isn't purposefully, but it seems to me that some of the people are arguing with the mods, which was one of the reasons the sb was taken away. I liked being able to put my 2 cents in every now and again when i was watching the conversations. I know i was usually ignored a bunch of times so I didn't really talk all that much but i enjoyed seeing the conversations other people were having. Talking about the game, or talking about their lives. I know it's kinda like eavesdropping in a way, but its nice to know that i'm not the only one who has family issues or that i'm not the only one confused about something in game or that. The friends I have in game, I sometimes only got to talk to in the shoutbox. I don't really look through the forums all that often so i learned of cool new threads and some trades going on through the sb.

Honestly to me, between myVMK and the sb i felt like there was some place i could be where there were no problems, no issues, no arguments, etc. I enjoyed having my time with the shoutbox. I am sad it was taken away but I feel like its given me a better advantage because the sb was taking up a lot of my time. Now that it is gone, I have been able to concentrate more on my family and my schoolwork.

On the other side of that I still do miss it. It was a great place to chat with all the amazing people in game, some of whom i was not friends with.