Skye's Lucky Penny?

What would you like to be done with Skye's Lucky Penny Pin?

• Nothing, leave it as it is

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Delete it from the game

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • Rename the pin

Votes: 84 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote removed]
im affected by the mistrust of people on here.

edit: because i actually believed her, nearly cried because i was sad for her, but we were all fooled so. can more people manipulate this trust?

Last edited by a moderator:

Whispered

Ummm.... About that photo "SkyeViolet" had on their profile here on the forums.... Only the REAL "Skye" would have access to such a photo from Snapchat. Unless, someone that's very close to her took a screen shot on their smartphone with 5-10 seconds to grab it so fast before it disappears forever. Just sayin'
There's so many photo editing sites that would add a caption like that lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1432984660][/DOUBLEPOST]
If someone's death is imminent you can't just know a certain day that's going to be your last before you pass on. That seemed like BS. And if you were really that close to death that doctor's felt like it was going to be within a day, you'd be in too much pain and in hospice care to ever make it onto VMK. You would probably be sedated.
Not necessarily - there's many terminal diseases that kill you silently.

CandyCars

I think the 5k option wasn't a problem. Many people, including myself, felt close to Skye. We cheered her on, were there for her, and were distraught when we thought she passed.

Now, obviously I know it was all a hoax, but we didn't know that.

I got my pixel about two weeks before there was a Club 33 party or pin. If you thought this was a hoax, you were right, but it is sad to see you attacking the people who got emotionally invested in this situation. While 5k isn't going to make anyone feel better, I appreciate the gesture.

im affected by the mistrust of people on here.

edit: because i actually believed her, nearly cried because i was sad for her, but we were all fooled so. can more people manipulate this trust?
Apparently, most of you guys are too young and or fortunate enough to have not experienced DEATH in your midst. Most of my reflections when analyzing the Skye situation were in consideration of my own demise and that of people I have met throughout my life. I dont believe that it is so much an assumption as the fact that it seemed "fishie" to me mainly for one reason. [Content removed] NOBODY (unless they commit suicide) can accurately predict the day they will die. Its actually a blessing we CAN'T . Because I guarantee, if we KNEW we would be doing something other than getting on a virtual game in the midst of a crisis and trying to give out lucky pennies. If I were DYING the first person I would give a lucky penny to would be MYSELF. Apparently and fortunately most of the VMK community hasn't experienced major health problems. I HAVE. When a person is truly sick, you go through a gamut of emotions. Most sick people internalize their emotions and withdraw. I'm sure there are people that are selfless in the world. Younger children that face death are quite unselfish. But seldom are they "Pushy". (accept my dying wish, take this pixel). And there were tale-tale signs. She kept a list of people that didnt accept her "lucky penny". What is a dying person gonna do with a "list"? I would be writing poetry or words of Love to my FAMILY. Wondering how well did I live the life I was gifted. Most everyone is looking for something/someone to believe in. [content removed] Thank goodness this was virtual, huh?! No-one should feel badly that they cared and showed love! That is an admirable thing to do. People all over the WEB are giving REAL hard earned money and support to people that fake death and illness. I have a sister in law that is doing that exact thing. Telling people she is dying and her last wish is to go to Florida and can people give her money and or a place to stay along the way. People do it. Because we WANT to believe and we Want to show all the virtues within us- Love, Caring, Compassion, Kindness. Guess what, WE ARE ALL DYING. Most "dying" people cant handle a 12 hour car ride. This has gone on for over a year and she is still alive and kicking. But I guarantee if I tried to tell people my perspective I would be the bad guy. Every heard of killing the messenger?? Yeah some people say Skye didn't hurt anyone because it was ALL VIRTUAL and she didn't keep anything. I'm here to tell you SHE DID HURT PEOPLE. She took a little bit of SOMETHING from everyone that cared and shed a tear on her lies. Even from those of us that doubted. Because it's pains me to see EVIL flourish in the world. People can play it down as much as they want, but it was SICK AND EVIL. It's WRONG to deceive people because WE ARE REAL and we all FEEL. Life is about learning. I bet most people will guard their hearts more closely in the future. Be careful. I mean if is walks like a duck right?! Some of us are just more cautious with giving our hearts merely because we have lived long enough to be burned by others multiple times. Yes it adds even more pain to us, it shakes our belief system, our compassion and especially our Trust!! We need to pull ourselves back up by our britches and move on because I can pretty much guarantee it won't be the LAST time in our lives that we are misled. Take the blinders off and proceed with caution. Watch for the signs along the road.... <3

You can beat around the bush all day long, but to be perfectly honest here, that very photo is nowhere to be found in any of the REAL "Skye's" social networking sites.
Here is the GREAT thing about the internet. EVERYBODY that is concerned can see exactly what is there and hopefully connect the dots. The hardest part is removing our emotions which can sometimes cloud our judgment.

Whispered

Here is the GREAT thing about the internet. EVERYBODY that is concerned can see exactly what is there and hopefully connect the dots. The hardest part is removing our emotions which can sometimes cloud our judgment.
My only emotion is "why the heck are we still on all this drama, can you all not sit back and play some POTC or HM or JC or FW and move on". I remember seeing the photo that was used as her profile photograph on some social media site - I cannot remember which. I do, however, notice that Skye's facebook has become much more privatized between the last time I looked at it and now, and I believe I saw it on there so..

My only judgement is that this has gone on too long, and that some people seem more interested in the drama of recent events than playing VMK. I can't say who, because I don't really know who is just focused on the drama now. But all I have to say is this - please don't stay here just to focus on the drama. If you've left the game because of the recent issues (any/all of them), please leave the forums too, and don't perpetuate this drama. If you're going to say "hmmph I quit because of issues", then truly quit, and leave the community to fend for itself. Don't ruin it for the rest of us that still enjoy VMK.

I'm done posting in this thread. I'd ask that, since I'm disengaging, you don't quote/ping me in any posts in here anymore. I have my opinion/version of remembering things, and you all will have yours - that's a fact of life. I don't want to be one of the ones causing this to become overly dramatic, and so I'm going to leave it alone. [content removed = language]

Jake

My only emotion is "why the heck are we still on all this drama, can you all not sit back and play some POTC or HM or JC or FW and move on
In case you haven't realized, MyVMK isn't how it used to be, when our opinions were actually heard and taken into consideration. I don't understand how you can't see how everything that has happened this month has affected this community as a whole, causing many of both staff members and members to quit. It's not easy to just "move on" when there's tension between the community and staff

I think the 5k option wasn't a problem. Many people, including myself, felt close to Skye. We cheered her on, were there for her, and were distraught when we thought she passed.

Now, obviously I know it was all a hoax, but we didn't know that.

I got my pixel about two weeks before there was a Club 33 party or pin. If you thought this was a hoax, you were right, but it is sad to see you attacking the people who got emotionally invested in this situation. While 5k isn't going to make anyone feel better, I appreciate the gesture.

Wow, all the 5K's just jumped out at me. I wonder where that number came from. Just me thinking outside the box. They are giving 5K for the pin. Pretty positive the REAL Skye had photos of running a 5K didn't she?? HAHAHA

Quicksilver

Moderator Maximoff
I'd like to kindly remind everyone some of our forum rules that we are still implementing:

Inappropriate/Non G-Rated discussions
Posts which contains subjects such as: foul language/cussing, nudity and s*x, violence, warez, drug or alcohol use (or any other illegal substance), and/or that may be offensive to parents of younger children, will be removed immediately. This includes foul language, acronyms in place of foul language, inappropriate pictures or external website links that may be inappropriate for children. If you are uncertain as to whether a certain word, image, or link is allowed, contact a moderator or administrator before adding it to this site. This applies to all forums, threads, posts, private messages, user pages, profiles, avatars, signatures and also in game.

Flaming
Any posts that are hateful or mean in nature will be removed immediately. We do not tolerate attacks based on race, religion, gender, s**ual orientation, or political affiliation or any posts indicating grieving other users on the forums or in game. Personal threats or harassment are not tolerated. This includes posting pictures representing an attack. Debate opinions and not the people behind them.

Trolling
Intentionally posting false arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to incite a negative reaction, annoy others or disrupt a discussion is also prohibited. These perpetrators are known as "trolls".

Disrespect
Content that is disrespectful will not be tolerated and will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to: calling people names, insulting others, starting arguments, using hurtful sarcasm, publicly criticizing staff members, and refusing to heed warnings set forth by forum staff.

Off-topic/Nonsense posts/Excessive Chat-speak
If your post/thread doesn't make sense or is filled with gibberish, these posts will be removed. While we expect that some topics will stray a bit, if it completely hijacks the thread and/or disrupts the flow, those posts will either be removed or split into its own thread, and extremely discouraged.

The remaining forum rules can be found in my signature, but these are just a few we've seen throughout this thread.

Thanks guys!
Quicksilver

Megara

no sleep club
So tell me how many people who do not actually have the pin in their inventory and never did receive one want to see it deleted?
Sour grapes to some is sweet wine to others.
I do not have the pin, and I voted to delete it. :)
Although the work on it is appreciated, I do believe it is appropriate to remove the pin that brings bad memories and feelings to many people.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
So does anyone understand that drama can't die down if you keep trying to further instigate said drama?

I've said what I wanted to say about this situation but this continuing is just getting ridiculous. Seriously does feel like this keeps going in a circle as someone said earlier in this thread...

Ummm.... About that photo "SkyeViolet" had on their profile here on the forums.... Only the REAL "Skye" would have access to such a photo from Snapchat. Unless, someone that's very close to her took a screen shot on their smartphone with 5-10 seconds to grab it so fast before it disappears forever. Just sayin'
#truethat

Status
Not open for further replies.