Star Wars Last Jedi SPOILER discussion

Great 7.5/10! Loved the porgs lol ahhh. I like how the new generation is taking over. Out with the old, in with the new. Making a place for themselves in the Star Wars saga. Per usual enjoyed the fight scenes.

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
I thought the beginning part with Luke would of been more... epic?
I understand he isolated himself, but he was too salty. Even when he came in to help Rey in the end, he still didn't seem like "himself".
Idk if that makes sense.

I didn't really like Rose either. She annoyed me for most of the part.

Overall, it was great. The storyline kept me interested throughout. I really feel like Ben wants to be a good person, but he can't!

honeypup

It's my favorite Star Wars movie (and pls don't judge me for that). Gained a new appreciation for Rey and now she is one of my absolute favorite characters aside from Kylo Ren ofc! My favorite scene is the side by side fight in Snoke's throne room w/ Rey and Kylo.
OH and the Leia in space scene is DUMB :Leia:

Other than that, it's amazin'.

Rizz

So I wanted to wait a while before posting my thoughts on this movie.
I watched TLJ opening night literally seconds after I had clocked out of work. Opening night for Star Wars wasn't bad, until the night got around the 10pm mark, and from then on it just went downhill. So unfortunately my initial experience watching this film was tainted by a bad experience prior to watching it.

So I wanted to give myself time before talking about how I really felt about the movie to the public. My first reactions were mostly positive, but with a hint of slight disappointment; or what I THOUGHT was disappointment. After a few days, I realized that I walked in expecting a Star Wars movie-but what I got was something much more...

...And I don't think myself, and plenty of other hardcore fans were ready for that:

Star Wars movies usually follow the same generic formula, and I love them to death. This movie didn't do that. Force Awakens brought us back to the universe, and gave us several similar themes and beats to get us comfortable in the universe again. I think this was Disney's intention all along: They received criticism for FA being too similar to ANH. People need to remember that this is a 3-part story, and we wont really be able to fully appreciate these films until the trilogy is complete. TLJ pulled the rug out from underneath us, and totally shocked everyone. I don't think anyone was expecting this movie to do what it did, especially after how closely FA followed the SW formula. All of this was intentional, so that there would be a greater surprise for EP.8.

Kylo Ren is my favorite new character, and his character arc so far has been fantastic: Adam Driver has done a wonderful job playing out his character, and is arguably the best actor in the new films. I'm looking forward to watching him as an unstable leader of a corrupt Empire.

Rey- I loved Rey in FA, but I felt her character was somewhat left undeveloped-which was obviously the intent all along, especially now looking back; but the fact that we had to wait 2 years to finally watch her character develop, was a little annoying. Rey's character truly developed in this film, and Daisy Ridley did a great job at making her story believably sad.

I loved the message in this movie: that it doesn't matter where you come from, that you can become anything, and still be destined for greatness. You define your own destiny, not your family.