starbucks passion iced tea & lemonade hack.

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
okay. i need to share this with anyone who has ever tried the starbucks passion iced tea & lemonade.
after searching on pinterest, i found this recipe.
i'm usually not in full belief that it can actually taste like the original, but why not try?
...to my surprise, it tastes exactly... exactly the same.
plus, this cost me $5 for ONE time & you get a whole gallon out of one box!
... instead of paying $5 each time for a tiny one.

here's the recipe:

you'll need:
1 box of Tazo Passion Tea (I got mine at Wal-Mart for $3.40)

1/2 gal of Minute Maid Lemonade (I used the Light 15 calorie one, I put splenda for substitute.)

& Splenda packets

The original recipe asked for a Gallon (which would make the whole box of tea in one time).
I decided to split it up, and it made it a lot easier to make.

Boil a pot of water (8 cups). When the water is ready, pour it over 10 (or half) of the Tazo Passion tea bags.
Let it brew for 15 minutes or longer. (The longer it brews, the stronger the taste.)
After brewing, take two spoons and scoop the tea bags out, squishing the bags between spoons to get
excess tea/water out.
Once that is done, refrigerate until completely cooled (you don't want to do it right away otherwise the ice will melt and will be watered down.)

Once the tea has cooled and ready to be served, I take my cocktail shaker...put some ice cubes in and about 3 packets of splenda. I measure out a cup & 1/4th of the tea and pour over the ice, as well as 4 oz. of lemonade. Shake it up well until it becomes pink & frothy.
(note: i usually order my drink with splenda & no syrup or sugar. so if you are used to
that flavor, do that instead. to me the splenda tastes great.)

& that's it! if you had a starbucks cup, you'd never know the difference!
enjoy!

Last edited:

Kelsey

crying :') you are an angel

RyanJ

I work at starbucks and can vouch for this although we've switched to teavanna, the passion tea from both companies taste practically the same lol. Also if you want the liquid sugar (classic syrup) you can buy a bottle from starbucks for $10 and it comes with a pump! Happy drink making :p