State of the game feedback

riddleguy

I decided to make a thread for people to give their feedback on the state of the game. The staff has done stellar work making the game accessable to players and giving us awesome events and items! However, I feel game is in sore need of improvement in the following areas....

Economy
In most games and real life, items go up and down in value. However, items mostly seem to go up in value and not down and thats not good. I feel like the staff is afraid to make items less valuable because they are worth a lot and they shouldn't be. While its a good idea to preserve the value of some items, there should be at least some items that go down in value. If a item is worth 100k today and worth a fraction of the price tommorow because its a quest prize then thats the way it goes.

Perm Content
I feel liike myvmk needs more perm content. Theres plenty of items that come and go but would be nice to see some new perm items every now and then,theres plenty of perm-worthy items from past releases. However, what we need most is more perm quests! I know a lot of players would like to see the hidden mickey quests be made available again. I personally like to see some repeatable quests for credits and single use treasure detector.

Get players in the public rooms more

Lastly, players need to be encouraged to visit the public rooms more. Adding perm quests as suggested above will help. Theres also little things you can do to get people in the public rooms like adding small touches like how you added meeko to hide and seek forest or more recently bringing the gator waiter back.

Here are some room-specific suggestions to get players visiting those public rooms again...

Hide and seek forest- why not use it as a meeting spot for the hide and seek events? staff can hang out there with players before/after the event to just hang out and have fun.
VMK Gallery-You guys already do this but consistently updating to show off new items would be great! I did notice at least 1 month where it wasnt updated.
Elephant Bathing pool- this would be a great spot to add tantor from tarzan
Forbidden temple-would be a great spot to add this guy http://elenaofavalor.wikia.com/wiki/Quita_Moz.
Sci-fi dine-in- would love to see the posters/screen image updated more regularly.
Penny arcade- would be nice if the original penny arcade minigames would return.

Get quest kiosks working!
If the quest kiosk could be gotten fully working again,Then i think this would help to improve the player created content and encourage more people to create stuff. I would love to make a quest!....but last i checked the quests kiosks arent working.

Shop adjustments
Some of the older items should be added as permanent items in some of the shops so it gives players more diversity in building and room making. Because trying to find certain items for the waterslide comp cost me time and eventually I wasn't able to enter so rip lol. But yeah just add them to the Land shop that fits appropriately. Speaking of rooms, older/og rooms should be added to the shop too, but obviously since they are a bit more rare then the common rooms just have them at starting price of like 8k-25k at max cause you don't want to make players more broke than they already are. Stuff I'm talking about is like Space Mountain/Splash Mountain/Expedition Everest/Tron/HSM/Etc.

Quest Kiosks
Yeah I'm a broken record but making quests in og vmk was one of my favorite ways to kill time and to get rid of some items I didn't want for free. Kiosks have been broken for like as long as I've been playing, so any word or update would be cool. At the very least they should be taken out of the shop until they are properly working again so nobody throws 30k at this thing like "Why isn't this working"

Player voting
Just an idea to get players more involved with the game, could be smaller things like "Which of these would you like to see in the shop next week" or bigger like "What theme of the month should X month be". Obviously for the most part themes are planned but it could be like 6 months ahead of said month to give staff enough time to plan accordingly and stuff and of course if they do vote for the month, hide the results until the month is revealed for that surprise factor.

Economy adjustments
Obviously it's mainly players who decide how valuable an item is for the most part, but some of the ingame items are also stated as rare based on percentages and the chansu of pulling them from crates or chests or whatever. But like maybe once every two weeks have like a "Throwback Thursday" where you bring back some popular items in the shop and it'll be there for two weeks, then once the two weeks is up add another selection of items, this will help readjust economical values of stuff and give newer players a chansu of getting older items that they wouldn't be able to get otherwise besides selling their souls on the trade market. Some stuff being like older pin sets, clothing from the past, furniture.

Daily Quests
I love the idea to do this for Treasure Detector Magic since it's single use anyways. And the only time people could get it was in the "OG Month" where it didn't really feel like OG month tbh, but my opinion aside credits could also be incentive. Idk what else would be deemed "Fair" for players to receive for daily quests. Maybe like if we say implemented this during December have like a Holiday Crate so doing the quest daily by the end of the month you'd have 31 crates and if you choose to open them, give them away, or trade them it's up to you cause you worked for that. Obviously the crates percentages for items should be changed so it's not 1/10000 crates getting some uberly god tier item. Cause lets be honest, the percentages are ridiculous at times.

I'll probably add more to this thread once I think up more stuff

Quest Kiosk
I LOVE making quests, I bought one of these in hopes that one day they will work again. We need something else to do besides auction stuff off and play potc, hm, and jc. This is my favorite thing from OG.

riddleguy

Heres a couple more ideas to get people into public rooms...
Tinkerbell NPC
What if there was a tinkerbell NPC that we could find for a special item prize(usually a re-release related to the current theme or a event such as a holiday or movie release). She would appear in a public room selected by staff for 24 hours then be gone again until the staff decide to make her available in a new room.
Twitter teases for room additions
So this is basically my suggestion above to add minor stuff to rooms like how you added meeko to hide and seek forest but you would tease it on the vmk twitter so people go to that room to check it out. Also this could be a regular thing and you can even replace things. For example,maybe later on you decide to replace meeko with bambi.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Old items should definitely make a comeback. There's what, almost 5 years worth of items? I'm not saying release everything tomorrow, but I think adding some items to the shops alongside new ones in the weekly releases would give players a chance to obtain them.

Also more keys/crates.

riddleguy

Old items should definitely make a comeback. There's what, almost 5 years worth of items? I'm not saying release everything tomorrow, but I think adding some items to the shops alongside new ones in the weekly releases would give players a chance to obtain them.

Also more keys/crates.
What i want to see in the weekly releases is new perm items....whether they be re-releases or something entirely new.

I like the Tinkerbell NPC idea, could be part of the daily incentive thing as double clicking would get you one random item and probably 50 credits as is tradition. Then she moves to a different location in the kingdom the next day so it's like hide and seek once a day. Speaking of Twitter

Twitter & Instagram
Twitter is myvmk's primary other social media, Instagram is the secondary. Last I checked Instagram has not been updated for quite a bit. I remember a while ago when GA_Bolt (Rip) had posted a behind the scenes wip with the baymax action figure and would like to see more content like that on instagram with the GAs content. But it seems like Twitter is the preferred way to talk to player outside the forums I guess. Would be nice to see Instagram a bit more active since I use insta and not twitter, I don't know who the Public Relations or Social Media teams are but I think it would make more sense for Hosts/Admins to use the Twitter for events and announcements while GAs can use the Instagram to show off new ingame items, whether they are still wip or completed.

Newsletter
As of right now there is no picture of anything inside the POTC chests besides pins. There is only a "Pardon our pixie dust" so that means that items in chests aren't confirmed besides pins? Not only that but sometimes the "pardon our pixie dust" place holder will just stay there all month, and the only other items shown for story book month are pins, event prizes, the hns hats, and whatever is in imports. It's like the newsletter was made the day before/day of the new month releases. More nitpick in next section

Storybook Month (#1?)
The newsletter already confirms there is gonna be a Storybook month #2 but this month already seems all over the place like head planning staff aren't really sure what they want, and the pins attest to this fact too cause Roger Rabbit was more a celebration of early animation as opposed to storybook. Like storybooks the first thing I think about is the classic fairytales/Golden Era disney stuff like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland stuff actually from well storybooks. Enchanted was not the first thing I would've thought of cause the movie itself was more a spoof/mesh of all the classics. It looks like every week is going to be a different "Storybook" but from the looks of week one it's already looking rough tbh.