Story for my friend

snow_flake

So my friend asked me a while ago to write a story with him. His birthday is coming up soon so I started to write it and thought i would give him a small part of it for his birthday. Please leave comments and let me know what you think of it so far. This is the beginning. I hope you like it :)

He slowly stood up from his fighting stance, keeping his eyes on the demon he just slayed. He had been here before, in this alley. It was last fall:

-------------------------------------------------------------

He saw her long flowing blonde hair first, blowing in the breeze. She has been his partner for five years now. He fell in love with her a while back, but refuses to admit it to her. He sees her start to walk down a side alley so he follows her. He doesn’t let her get too far ahead of him, but stays far enough back that the trap won’t be ruined. As she rounds the corner into the alley, he hears her scream. He freezes in place knowing this isn’t part of the plan. He hers her scream again and he runs into the alley only to see her being taken captive by raztek demons. He pulls his knives out and goes after the demons but they are too strong for him and they knock him unconscious.

He wakes up hours later after the sun has set. He sits up slowly and leans against the wall closest to him when he realizes she is gone and he gets a second wind. He punches the brick wall, leaving a dent in it. He ends up walking around for three hours before grabbing some food and heading home, the rest of the world knows nothing of what occurred in the alley that day.

-------------------------------------------------------------

He remembers all this as he cleans off his knife, still having no more information than he did last year. He runs his hand through his hair as he stashes his knife back in his pocket. Walking out of the alley, he runs into a lady.

“I’m so very sorry ma’am. My head isn’t on straight today,” he pauses and looks at her for the first time as he helps her up and he is shocked, “Amanda? I thought I lost you forever.”