Taking a Break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
Unfortunately, all great things must come to an end - or, at the least, a hiatus.

It's time I take a break from MyVMK and its' community. Being here has taken a toll on my mental health that I most definitely did not expect. The acidity of some people's attitudes, combined with an influx of personal issues and a waning desire to stay, has made me decide to take a few weeks - perhaps even months - off. I haven't a clue when I'll return to this site, if I will. In light of recent events I've found it more important to focus on my mental status rather than the rarity of virtual pixels.

The vast majority of people on here I most certainly will not forget. I was overwhelmed by being welcomed here when I first joined, even though I never played the original. The friends I've made on here - you guys know who you are - I love and cherish dearly, and they have my Skype if they so wish to continue talking to me.

However, there was a small number of people - you people know who you are, too - that made me feel utterly awful about myself. Those who know me well know of my history with unstable mental health, and the negativity of some people have left me feeling akin to the depression I once wallowed in daily. It's awful, and feeling this way because of a virtual community is awful, and unfortunately I can't allow myself to stay in such an environment for such long periods of time.

So, until I feel like I'm emotionally ready to rejoin, I'll be having to say my farewell to MyVMK. Hopefully, it will only be a week or two or three before I'm back. If not, well...it was fun while it lasted.

If you still want to contact me, you're welcome to PM me for my Skype or my Tumblr. Otherwise, goodbye for now, players - both lovely and not so lovely - of MyVMK. It's my hopes that I'll only need a brief break from this site in order to feel refreshed and ready to play.

@Frinklebumper I am so, so sorry I'm unable to get you all of July's items. This was partially why I've been staying the majority of July, but I feel like my own health has to take precedence over this. I'll be giving you the items I have managed to acquire over the month once I return, however.

Frinklebumper

Bumper of Frinkles
I'm sorry to see you go, but I know it's for the best. Stay strong!

@Frinklebumper I am so, so sorry I'm unable to get you all of July's items. This was partially why I've been staying the majority of July, but I feel like my own health has to take precedence over this. I'll be giving you the items I have managed to acquire over the month once I return, however.
Don't you even worry about it! Your health comes first. Hope you start feeling better soon. <3

I'll see you soon, yeah? :)

Never let anyone make you feel down or ruin your good mood or spirit. Perhaps you were just hanging around the wrong crowd who can be very insensitive to others at times whether they may also be dealing with personal issues themselves or they are just miserable with their own life. Unfortunately, they're just unavoidable in-game and not everyone is able to get along with other people well. I just ignore them knowing I could care less about how negatively they act unless they directly mess with me or someone else who doesn't deserve that treatment of course I don't take that bull, but usually I leave the room or log off to do better things with my time. Sometimes we just need a little time to ourselves, away from whatever may be making us feel bad and think about why and how to fix that. Focus on the good. The first step is always to take a step back. Realize what's really important in life and start with wanting what's best for you, working towards that. I know how it feels to feel stuck and not feeling like there is any hope getting out of a bad situation that seems to be getting worse. Trust me, takes a lot of time, a lot of support, and rethinking about what you want for you not for anyone else. Feel good about yourself, because this is the life we're given and there's so much to live for. Hope you work it out, I'm sure you will and feel free to return any time!

I didn't really know besides trading with you once, but good luck beyond the game, and I hope you eventually return. Sorry one group of bad people made you feel bad, the majority kind people of the kingdom will miss you.

Kay.D

sorry guys.
i remember we talk about tsums tsums and i always send you hearts on there<3 let me know if you ever wanna talk. people have been extremely RUDE lately so i understand<3 let me know if you ever wanna talk(:

Alamar

I didn't really talk to you, I hardly saw you in the game but I'm sad because of the reasons to your leaving. I hope you get the results you want and stay in good health. I wish you the best of luck!

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
*whispers* I couldn't even stay away a week, my Gods

but

A) Pirates Month.
B) The responses I got from some people was really quite...heartwarming. Y'all warmed the fragments of my Grinch heart.
C) Pirates Month.
D) Some med changes and such has boosted my mood substantially.
E) @Stacysmom being...herself.
F) idk I just couldn't stay away.

So I guess I'm the newest in the line of those who "made a stink about leaving and came back a week later".

Stacysmom

I've got it going on
*whispers* I couldn't even stay away a week, my Gods

but

A) Pirates Month.
B) The responses I got from some people was really quite...heartwarming. Y'all warmed the fragments of my Grinch heart.
C) Pirates Month.
D) Some med changes and such has boosted my mood substantially.
E) @Stacysmom being...herself.
F) idk I just couldn't stay away.

So I guess I'm the newest in the line of those who "made a stink about leaving and came back a week later".
Yeeeeeeeeeeee :) welcom back sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.