Was this post helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SweetTea

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/SweetTeasBoutique
To do three or two rounds of friendly POTC.. ahh, that is the question that has had us scratching our chins since day one. To settle the long-standing debate, I did a little experiment... I shall coin this, "SweetTea's Lucrative Discovery."

So, YES, one does typically increase the frequency at which they earn keys by playing two rounds. HOWEVER, they are forfeiting a potentially alarming amount of credits in the process. Please see for yourselves below.

Two Rounds:
Time: 52 seconds/game (roughly)
Credits (Winning Team): 241-483
Credits (Losing Team): 94-189
Total (1 game winning + 1 game losing): 336-672

Three Rounds:
Time: 1 minute & 12 seconds/game (roughly)
Credits (Winning Team): 288-577
Credits (Losing Team): 215-430
Total (1 game winning + 1 game losing): 535-1070

*Note that these figures are taking into account credits earned throughout the week and weekends.*

My findings provide that there is approximately a 199-398 credit difference. To put it differently, this would mean one would potentially be choosing to forfeit a guaranteed 199-398 credits every two games — that is, if playing traditionally by winning every other game — for a slightly higher chance at earning keys and a shorter game (roughly 20 second difference).

This may not sound like much. However, when factoring in the typical time most players spend playing friendlies, this amounts to quite a bit! Hypothetically, if one were to play friendlies for 2 hours straight over the weekend, those playing two rounds would earn about 47,488 while those playing three rounds would earn 50,592. This is to say that those playing two rounds would be losing (or gambling, depending on how you prefer to look at it) over 3k after clocking in the exact amount of time those playing three rounds do.

To each their own. However, with this, I humbly rest my case. :D