The Developers of VMK - Sulake

Gamecrazy

I was doing some research on Sulake's products, mostly looking at the history of Habbo Hotel, Sulake's first product. Sulake's products have always been of interest to me. They are Habbo, Coke Studios, and then VMK. Ever since I saw the "Sulake" logo on the VMK homepage in 2008, I was curious as to what Sulake's true involvement was with VMK. I heard over and over again that people like Yavn (Seth Mendelsohn) TikiT, among others developed the game. However, this is not completely true. I was looking at a Habbo Hotel history achieve website, Habborator, and I found a section that has pretty much all of Sulake's product history. It contains cancelled products, and products that came into existence over time. Of course one of the products that is shown is VMK. The page that contains the history of VMK listed a few of the actual developers of VMK, and as you may be able to tell from their names, they are Finnish, and worked for Sulake. According to the page, Disney would not allow the actual developers from Sulake to be seen in game, or to be publicly known, however Disney's own producers were allowed to be seen and even talk to other players. I feel like the developers of the game who worked for Sulake were not given the proper credit where credit is due, so I am putting up the image containing some of the known developers and even the project head, from Sulake, straight from the Habborator website. The image should be linked to this post. If anyone is interested in looking more at Sulake's history, go to http://www.habborator.org/attic/index.html and click on the boxes. This post in no way is meant to discredit Disney, or the VMK producers on their work.

EDIT: I contacted the project head of the development team for VMK, and he was thrilled to hear from me! I sent a message to him thanking him, and his team, and he sent on my message to the whole team!

(Click on Image for larger view)

Last edited: