The Future of Crates

What do you want to happen with crates?

• Keep them the same

Votes: 78 36.4%
  • Sell the keys in the catalogue

Votes: 95 44.4%
  • Get rid of them entirely

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • Other (reply with what you want, if this wins a new poll will be created with the suggested options)

Votes: 19 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont think keys should be sold cuz then it would be WAY too easy to get rare, as the players with the endless amounts of credits can buy lots of keys, where as the players with a low amount of credits get hardly any..
i just think they keys and crates should be a bit more common. maybe every 15 - 20 clams you get, you get a key or a crate.. or playing FW and JC maybe every 5 games? ive played JC SO many times and not won one single key (i know im not alone on this), but i ask people how they got their 50/60 keys and they say JC o.O
All in all i just think they should stay as they are but be more common. :)

Maltoo

How about this option Amy, have the games and the NPC give out different colored keys with graduating prizes. If you win a gold key you know you will receive something from the rare category, Silver medium rare and bronze least rare. Make the odds of winning the rare better, you do not have to increase it much but increase the odds a bit. Also during special times you could add special keys like red or green for say holiday prizes, pink, yellow and baby blue for Spring holidays, Kelly green for St Patty's Day etc etc.

Thinking about having the keys in the stores for high dollar amounts defeats the purpose if keys are still won in the game. Players will have to play the minis to get the credits and by then they have already won a number of keys unless you do something to change the keys won or sold in the store.

Right now I think something is needed to stabilize the economy as it is all out of whack. There are a few that are way to rich from the wall fiasco.

Emelon

Please, please, please do NOT sell the keys in the catalog. I have spent countless hours collecting keys and after opening 250+ crates without a super rare, I decided to trade my keys away. With keys being placed in the catalog, everyone with enough credits will have access to them. This would be bad for a few reasons.

I play roughly 30 or more JC games a day which gives me around 100-300 per game, depending on how focused I am on actually playing. I would have to play around 30 games a day just to collect ONE KEY. I don't even try collecting shells anymore because of how low the drop rate is and FW is out of the question because I'm completely sick of it from playing it constantly while it was the only minigame out. If keys are placed in the catalog at 10k a pop, I'd have to grind JC/FW just to get enough credits to buy a key which will probably only get me another piece of crate furniture. That is hardly worth it, not to mention my only source of income right now (the key) would be significantly harder to obtain and I'd be screwed. (On a side note, I've noticed that many other people are beginning to trade their keys away. I think the reasoning for this is because of how low the percentage of opening a super rare is. People are getting tired of opening crate furniture so have opted to sell their precious keys to try and get something that isn't up to chance).

If keys were placed in the catalog at 500 credits each, they would be much easier to obtain but I think that would go against the whole idea of the crate system. It's relatively easy to get 500 credits and which means the value of the key would plummet, everyone would have tons of keys and, consequently, tons of rares (hypothetically). While this would benefit me, it would benefit everyone else and everybody would have the super rares. Not that I would have a problem with this (I would actually prefer it) but I know a lot of people that would have a huge problem with it. On the other hand, people with a lot of luck opening super rares would have inventories full of them trying to trade them for ridiculous prices because of their rarity status on the original VMK.

To be quite honest, I think the crate system breeds greed and disappointment. I would do away with it completely if it weren't for the precious cargo inside them and the damage it's already caused. People who have benefited from the crate system are thriving while the rest of us are scrambling to keep up. The economy is unbalanced and removing the crate system might further increase the gap between rich and poor.

I'm getting so tired of this game revolving around the economy. Having to grind minigames all day just to keep up with the new release of items and to collect keys in hopes of opening 5000 crates to get a super rare is just ridiculous to me. The economy is not what this game is supposed to be about, yet this is what it's turning into. It's saddening and discouraging.

I don't think keys should be sold in catalog.

I noticed that the crate is called "crate #1". I think you need to release crate #2 with different prizes than crate #1. The gold keys can stay the same, or you can start releasing a silver key or something else.

aliceblue

I voted "other" although after looking at the results, I realize I should have voted "Keep them the same". The last thing I want is having the keys removed as drops and making them buyable only, and I'm not sure that everyone who voted for the "buyable" option realizes the possible implications of that choice.

Changing out the prizes on a regular basis would be nice. Even nicer would be cutting out the middle-man of the whole key/crate system, and dropping random prizes directly. (No more complaints about time spent gathering keys for nothing!) But nicest of all would be selling the items we remember and love from the old VMK, for everyone to enjoy.

I'm not ridiculing anyone, this is simply my opinion. I like the key and crate system the way that it is. It is meant as an extension of the game, not to be the main part. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy receiving a key from playing the games. In fact, I started playing more often when I realized I could earn a key from the games. I hope that the keys and crates continue as "game" prizes and gifts from the NPCs.

I do not disagree with the keys or crates being sold in the stores, but I think a high enough price needs to be placed on the items to encourage individuals to continue to play the games. After three or four FULL games of either fireworks or jungle cruise, one may be able to earn around 3,000 - 4,000 credits. So placing a cost around this price or slightly higher would seem fair (to me). If too low of a price is placed, then the trade market is hurt; if too high of a price is placed, then players are displeased with what they receive from the crates.

Just to sum things up, (I feel) keys have increased individuals to play the games more; but I still feel these are simply a "bonus" to the game. I think it is great that they exist, but keep them in perspective for what they are. With new items released weekly, that is where I intend to spend credits, preferably not on keys.

Keep it how it is. I like the idea of trying to get keys and trying for items. But change up the prizes pretty regularly because it does get kinda daunting winning the same useless prizes over and over. There's only so much you can do with an orange candlestick

Aglaia

I prefer the key/crate system to stay exactly how it is. People constantly complain, but how can you complain about a system that's 100% random? Maybe increase the probability of getting keys, but don't sell them in stores.

Increase the chance of getting more keys, but don't sell the keys in the stores. Sell the rare in the stores for at least a month so you have a chance at getting rare one way or the other.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Please, please, please do NOT sell the keys in the catalog. I have spent countless hours collecting keys and after opening 250+ crates without a super rare, I decided to trade my keys away. With keys being placed in the catalog, everyone with enough credits will have access to them. This would be bad for a few reasons.

I play roughly 30 or more JC games a day which gives me around 100-300 per game, depending on how focused I am on actually playing. I would have to play around 30 games a day just to collect ONE KEY. I don't even try collecting shells anymore because of how low the drop rate is and FW is out of the question because I'm completely sick of it from playing it constantly while it was the only minigame out. If keys are placed in the catalog at 10k a pop, I'd have to grind JC/FW just to get enough credits to buy a key which will probably only get me another piece of crate furniture. That is hardly worth it, not to mention my only source of income right now (the key) would be significantly harder to obtain and I'd be screwed. (On a side note, I've noticed that many other people are beginning to trade their keys away. I think the reasoning for this is because of how low the percentage of opening a super rare is. People are getting tired of opening crate furniture so have opted to sell their precious keys to try and get something that isn't up to chance).

If keys were placed in the catalog at 500 credits each, they would be much easier to obtain but I think that would go against the whole idea of the crate system. It's relatively easy to get 500 credits and which means the value of the key would plummet, everyone would have tons of keys and, consequently, tons of rares (hypothetically). While this would benefit me, it would benefit everyone else and everybody would have the super rares. Not that I would have a problem with this (I would actually prefer it) but I know a lot of people that would have a huge problem with it. On the other hand, people with a lot of luck opening super rares would have inventories full of them trying to trade them for ridiculous prices because of their rarity status on the original VMK.

To be quite honest, I think the crate system breeds greed and disappointment. I would do away with it completely if it weren't for the precious cargo inside them and the damage it's already caused. People who have benefited from the crate system are thriving while the rest of us are scrambling to keep up. The economy is unbalanced and removing the crate system might further increase the gap between rich and poor.

I'm getting so tired of this game revolving around the economy. Having to grind minigames all day just to keep up with the new release of items and to collect keys in hopes of opening 5000 crates to get a super rare is just ridiculous to me. The economy is not what this game is supposed to be about, yet this is what it's turning into. It's saddening and discouraging.
:thumbsup:

So well said. Every bit is the truth. It's discouraging to think if all the items that everyone wants will could be released in this manner. I'm trying not to think this way but right now there is no way to get a decent trade for any of the rare items. The only way a new person can have any hope of getting old stuff is through trading keys or credits. The only way anyone can properly get a super rare is through the crates or have an obscene trade where they give everything they own. I'm not very willing to participate in any form of trading right now because nobody is ever looking for anything that I might have as I only have a very small chance at ever getting what people want in those super rares.

Currently I'm just dealing with it and trying to play with my friends and others that I find enjoyable to play with. But it gets very hard to play when I hear people opening 81 crates in a row and getting 3 super rares or seeing people with 2 super rares as it's just so discouraging.

disneyfacts

I think selling keys in the catalog kind of goes against the whole idea of the crates and keys. But I do agree with some of the above posts, increasing key drops would be better.

ClaytonA

I have to agree in that I do not want to see the keys available for sale.

One thing I do like about the key system is that almost everyone sees value in them, and it gives new players a chance to catch up. What if a new player really, really wants a flip hat? Keys make it possible when otherwise it would have been literally impossible. And not even from getting a super rare. Take me, for example. I missed when firewalls were on sale. I only need to get a few keys together and can trade for one, where otherwise I could never have gotten a firewall, because what could I have traded? A new player has nothing to offer.

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
If anything, I'd say keep the key/crate system the way it is, and just add event/special occasion/themed crates every so often to give us new things to look forward to.

I have to agree in that I do not want to see the keys available for sale.

One thing I do like about the key system is that almost everyone sees value in them, and it gives new players a chance to catch up. What if a new player really, really wants a flip hat? Keys make it possible when otherwise it would have been literally impossible. And not even from getting a super rare. Take me, for example. I missed when firewalls were on sale. I only need to get a few keys together and can trade for one, where otherwise I could never have gotten a firewall, because what could I have traded? A new player has nothing to offer.
I really agree with this.

JessieMel

How about this option Amy, have the games and the NPC give out different colored keys with graduating prizes. If you win a gold key you know you will receive something from the rare category, Silver medium rare and bronze least rare. Make the odds of winning the rare better, you do not have to increase it much but increase the odds a bit. Also during special times you could add special keys like red or green for say holiday prizes, pink, yellow and baby blue for Spring holidays, Kelly green for St Patty's Day etc etc.

Thinking about having the keys in the stores for high dollar amounts defeats the purpose if keys are still won in the game. Players will have to play the minis to get the credits and by then they have already won a number of keys unless you do something to change the keys won or sold in the store.

Right now I think something is needed to stabilize the economy as it is all out of whack. There are a few that are way to rich from the wall fiasco.

This sounds like a great idea. After voting "other" I realize I would change it to "keep as is" because I think selling them in the stores is going to create more greed. I think the greedy/rich people have really started to turn me off from MyVMK. There is no way to get ahead with them wanting basically your whole inventory for a key/hat/flips and now a gold snowman.

This is another great post. The greed I see in the Captain's Quest Quarters is crazy. I would love all the super rares and I don't have to trade what people want. I think the economy stuff/greed etc is ruining the game for so many. We love this game, why can't we just own everything? I feel the people who have all this super rare (prob due to clones or whatever) are completely turning me off from the game and I know other's feel that way.

I voted "other" although after looking at the results, I realize I should have voted "Keep them the same". The last thing I want is having the keys removed as drops and making them buyable only, and I'm not sure that everyone who voted for the "buyable" option realizes the possible implications of that choice.

Changing out the prizes on a regular basis would be nice. Even nicer would be cutting out the middle-man of the whole key/crate system, and dropping random prizes directly. (No more complaints about time spent gathering keys for nothing!) But nicest of all would be selling the items we remember and love from the old VMK, for everyone to enjoy.

Just don't change the super rares please. If you took them out of circulation I think it would make people really mad. Just sayin.....

JessieMel

I just wish the key drop rate was higher. I have TONS of crates and no keys, and I know that a lot of people are in the same boat.

Agreed!!!

Keep it how it is. I like the idea of trying to get keys and trying for items. But change up the prizes pretty regularly because it does get kinda daunting winning the same useless prizes over and over. There's only so much you can do with an orange candlestick
As I said in last post, don't change the rares, but maybe the furniture. I agree that there is not much you can do with an orange candlestick lol!

Increase the chance of getting more keys, but don't sell the keys in the stores. Sell the rare in the stores for at least a month so you have a chance at getting rare one way or the other.

I agree again about selling the rares but give us some time to save up! LOL

Gypsyoffire

we had keys and chests before in VMK ~ you won a gold/silver/bronze? key and it opened that type of chest after you played Pirates ~ It gave good prizes ...gold being 'best' and NEVER gave 'really' rare things like Stitch/Princess ~ those should be available to all <boys/girls> as they are in the REAL park to buy wear and enjoy and then enjoy wearing them in the outfits you choose to show off the 'real' you! Then the furn etc from the prizes we used to build rooms/rides/share with those not good or liking to play pirates etc...IT was a WAY better system <jmo> than this 'frenzy' the crate/keys/have nots has created in MVMK ~
To buy and loose is worse than Free and loosing <jmo> so far my rooms are only decorated with crates and crate 'stuff' which I don't like that much and probably would never spend credits on :(
What ever you change ...please make it more 'fun' and less 'frenzy' or the only players will all be the same few as in all the 'other' games where the same people always have all the 'stuff' and win in host rooms and room comps. discouraging other players who leave ~
The BEST MMORPG game I have played out there is SOE and a few others where you buy everything and the game is more social then about 'having stuff' and trading....VMK was more about sharing and caring than having and showing off that was never park of the 50th celebration and the magic which is what this 'game' is all based on least we forget.
The most 'rare' in VMK was made so ONLY to induce us all to spend real $$ and stay in a hotel and pay to go to the park to get codes ~ Which MANY found "NOT FAIR" NOW we no longer have too...and ONLY you AMY can make the magic for us all......please do :)

Don't sell keys in the catalogue, just make the rate of keys more common, they are far too hard to obtain as of now.

Also, add like a #2 and #3 crate, and have silver and bronze keys as well. all with different kinds of prizes.