The Lobbies of -Virtual Disney World Quests-

Ranch

Here's the evolution of our main kick off room to explore the park we had constructed.. Pictures over most teleporters gave info on what's in the link..

Yavn stopping by and giving in to my begging of seeing his carpet magic in action:

The Tiki makeover.. I used this room as it offered the most engines in a line before dark rooms were available:

This lobby FINALLY scored our park a quest award.. thanks Runo!

The final upgrade to our quest lobby, the happiest days of our lives:

And then the lights went out:

After exiting the quest lobby, players were then ushered to the whichever land they needed to be in for their quest:

Main Street's lobby:

Fantasyland's lobby:

Frontierland's lobby:

Adventureland's lobby:

Tomorrowland's lobby:

Ticketing and Transport Center lobby (all exits of just about everything in our park lead here.. to me, it was one of the most amazing rooms in the game):

Last edited:
This is spectacular @Ranch! I have wanted to recreate some lands for the in-park quests I'm creating but I don't think I could ever get on the same level as this is. Do you have any more pictures or the actual quest since I would love to do them if you still have them!

adny

Old pictures like these make me miss vmk and show how some items missing really makes it feel less like vmk :< those rooms, tron items, quest kiosks especially, coffin teleporters, etc etc etc!

Ranch

Thanks! I miss hosting it a lot!

The land lobbies above were great for quest item hiding on hunting tasks. They gave the lobbies a minimal population, to where anyone trying to enter from the room list (anywhere in our park) were brought to the main quest lobby. After about 3 hours of morning hosting at game opening, the park kept itself open the rest of the day. It was great.

I just went through all of the pictures and I was not let down. The monorail was my favorite part since it was so innovative and clever! I really hope you get a chance to bring this back to vmk!

Ranch

how and why r u so rich
"were you so rich".. lol. I went through a couple bouts of downtime to where I could play VMK.. from opening to close, and I did. The first time I injured my thumb and stayed at home on workman's comp for a year. Then I was approved for unemployment at another job some time later.. that lasted close to 6 months. I bought an AP to WDW twice for VMK perks. I went like crazy. Any free time I had during busy parts of my, I gave it to VMK lol. About half of VMK's life, I was there all hours.

Wow these look awesome! How long did it take from when you started building them to when they were completed?
My first build (Virtual HM) was a solo one.. many players who became the "MasterMinds" team helped support with insane supplies. That build lasted about 2 weeks. The rest of the team builds lasted under a month, each one, till the last one. We wanted to fit in all our newest members in a build who have not had the chance to build anything yet.. they were constructing "-Tom's Virtual Island-". That lasted a few months, and they never got the chance to finish before game's closing.

Here's videos of the rides with GREAT AWESOME park audio exactly in place where it should be woot:
https://www.youtube.com/user/imagineerajp/videos

Ranch

bruh Tomorrowland is sick
Thanks!! I know the lobby looks like a twisted mess, and I always wanted to redo the lobby, but it was so functional, it's crazy!
-The Virtual Astro Orbiter mess in the center was a functional ride that went round 'n round. It paid great homage to the ride without needing a room for it.
-The Space Mountain teleporter under the orbiter was the entry to The Virtual People Mover's lobby. Our park's WEDWay People Mover was AMAZING, it went through most of our tomorrowland.
-The stitch teleporter on the green rug leads to Virtual Space Ranger Spin, and the other by the trash can is Virtual Space Mountain.
-Seating was for quest trivia and item hunting (yup, I put stuff to find under chairs! lol), everything was respectable to the real life map in there without cluttering up the place woot!
-I believe the Tron teleporter was to Sonny Eclipse's restaurant. A member was dying to build something during an off time, and submitted a great replica!

I spent so much time in all of these rooms. I remember being such a MasterMind/Ranch fanboy back in the day! Glad you held on to these pictures, they sure do bring back a lot of memories.