The Monster I Once Knew (PG-13)***

*Please note this story includes some strong words, if I have to delete it because of that, I will, but be warned.

Tyler and Alec are boy's (boyfriends), just to clear confusion beforehand

Rated PG-13

The Monster I Once Knew

Part I
The crowd was thick. The summer heat was extremely unbearable, but I had to deal with it on this crucial day. It was the playoffs for my baseball team, the British Dragons. Ill admit this: Im not British. At all. Im 100 pure American who just happened to move to Britain for university and so I could finally settle down with my boyfriend, Alec. Weve been together ever since we were 16, so about 2 years. We used to live off of Skype calls and webcam calls. But now, two years later, Im finally with the boy I want to be with for the rest of my life
"Tyler! Heads up!!" came an all too familiar voice from the crowd.
And at that, I saw the ball coming straight for me in the outfield. I scrambled to catch it with my mitt held out towards the incoming ball. As it got closer, I got clumsier with my movement. My shoe was untiedof course. I tripped over my own two feet as I struggled to catch the ball, but completely missed.
Safe! exclaimed the umpire as the other teams batter made it to home base, which ended the game.

After the taunting and teasing from my fellow teammates, I finally got to walk back to my apartment that was just off the street of the university I was attending, Kingston. I was so lucky to be sharing an apartment with my amazing boyfriend, Alec. We both took up numerous part time jobs to pay rent and get us by during our college years. Sadly, we attend two different universities. He goes to Cambridge, the best school in the country, which is across town and he has to take the subway daily. However, it was summer break and we were free for the next two months. We finally approached our apartment door when he pulled me back.
"You did great, beautiful!" said with his usual Alec given confidence.
"I missed the ball completely. I tripped and I looked like a complete idiot in front of all those peopleI dont know how that counts as 'great'".
Alec replied, holding back giggles from my mess up, "Ehem oh sorry. Oh come on babe you have to admit it was a little funny", he said while seeing my surprised expression.
"It was not you big bully!" I said as I playfully punched his arm and walked up to our apartment.
Right as I walked in, I threw my shoes off and jumped right onto the couch. "I'm dying..." save me I groaned dramatically.
Alec walked up to me and sat right on my chest crushing me under his weight.
"You do know youre crushing me right?" I said to him.
'Oh am I?" he said with a devilish smirk.
"Yes! Now get off my sweaty body so I can go shower. I smell like a hormonal monkey."
"But wait..." he said with a tone of concern in his voice.
"What?"
"You do smell like a monkey.."
"Oh get off me!"

After my shower and getting dressed into my shorts and t-shirt, I went out to the living room to join Alec for our lunch. As I entered the living room, I noticed he was nowhere to be seenoh well, he had to be somewhere I thought as I shrugged off his absence. I planted myself on the couch picking up a sandwich he laid out on the coffee table. Just as I started eating, I heard a very eerie creak behind me. I turned around with a start and said into the emptiness,Alec, is that you? No response. Oh well Just then something grabbed me from behind while I screamed like a child.
"Did I scare you?" he asked mischievously.
"Yes, you [removed]!"
"Hey now, no need to call me amazing names."
Sometimes Alec can be a littleself-centered. I mean I love him like mad, but sometimes his narcissism and anger issues can irritate my nerves. Well, he puts up with me being bipolar and depressed, so I put up with his issues.
"So, have you Skyped Sylvia lately?" he asked.
"Oh, no..Ill probably do it in a bit, she might be busy since it is summer break in America as well."
"Hey babe?" Alec asked.
"Yeah?"
"Do you miss America?"
Now this question made me think each time someone asked me. Most of my friends live in America, but Im pretty happy in Britain with Alec.
"Sometimes, but Im also happy here with you." I said as I poked his stomach.
He leaned in for a kiss, so I returned it quickly. "There, now we can be lazy and watch movies, yeah?" I asked.
"Best part of the day", he replied.

Part II
The next morning after waking up, I noticed Alec wasnt in bed next to me, so I got up to go looking for him. After a while of searching, I came to find out he wasnt even in the apartment. Thats weird I thought to myself. He always has breakfast going Oh well, not a big deal, I can fix my own breakfast. I am 18 after all.
After breakfast and cleaning my dishes, I decided to take a walk since the summer weather felt amazing. Before leaving the apartment, I noticed there was a note attached to the door, and it read: Hey babe, went out to the library, be back soon. P.S, sorry for not fixing breakfast! Love Alec. I smiled at the note; just knowing he was safe made me happy.
As I was leaving the apartment, I noticed something on the big oak tree that sits outside the building out of the corner of my eye. It stood out to much on the dark brown bark. I decided to walk up to the tree to get a closer look at what was on it. It was redno..it couldnt be..could it? I touched it, and it came back the dark ruby color of blood and I smelt it. It smelled just like blood. Thats when I started to panic. Only Alec and I live here and it has a gate surrounding the building whose blood could this be? It couldnt be his, could it? No, I was just being irrational. Then again-
And just at that moment, I heard someone say my name and I jumped slightly, it was only Alec.
"Hey Tyler!" he said as he entered the gate.
"Hey..." I said a little dazed.
"You ok? You look pale?"
"Oh, um yeah. I was just about to go take a walk." I said as I brushed the finger with blood on it on my pant leg.
"Oh ok, well its almost lunch time, so Ill get started and itll probably be ready by the time you're back", he said as he checked his watch. Wait, was that a bleeding cut on his arm? No, thats crazy. I must be seeing things. Silly Tyler.
After that, Alec went on inside and I started my walk, with thoughts racing through my mind the whole time. Was that Alecs blood? Was that really a cut on his arm? Did he hurt himself? Did he hurt someone else? He was known to be violent when his anger spiked, but I always knew it as being verbal, never physical. Ugh, all these thoughts gave me a pounding headache. Thats when it started to fog up. My world started getting brighter and brighter and then it turned to black.

I dont know how long it had been until I woke up, but when I did, it was dark. It was so dark that I thought I was still asleep. Ugh my headwhere am I? My head was killing me.
Hello Tyler. An all too familiar voice came from the dark. Was thatAlec?
Alecis that you?
A figure stepped closer to me and I could see him. It was Alec. Wait, what was going on?
Just then Alec walked out of the shadows.
I was majorly confused now. I was still dazed from waking up after I randomly passed out. Wait, where am I? What happened? I dont get it? Why cant I move? I was getting panicked.
As if reading my thoughts, he responded, Now dont panic, he said as he placed a hand on my head, Youre safe. For now anyways. Youre probably scared, but allow me to explain. The Alec you once knew is gone. He was lying to you for 2 years. I never loved you from the start. I only pitied you because of your mental state. Youre a pathetic excuse for a human, you selfish [removed]. Oh boo-hoo no one loves me except you, I have no friends, I only have you to protect me. Your constant whining made me want to kill you sooner. But I have no pity left for you. I cant stand your obnoxious ways. I knew I should have left you sooner, but Im not that cruel maybe. He stepped away for a moment and picked up what seemed to be a knife. Now, if I know you well enough, this is the point youll start crying and begging me to be ok and all that [removed]. Just give it up you stupid boy. No one has ever succeeded trying to fix my mind. I have always hated you Tyler, and now that youre actually physically here, I can finish this, for good.
I was at a loss for words. I was overcome by shock and sadness and so many more emotions I didnt know what to feel anymore. I decided to speak up: Waitwere all those promises..
Lies? he said, finishing my sentence, Yes, very much so. You always said everyone leaves. Well, everyone does leave you Tyler you stupid boy. You meant nothing to me. No one loves you. No one will EVER love you. Just then, my phone started ringing with Sylvias ringtone. Alec picked it up.
Hello? he said into the phone. He put it on speaker.
Alec? Wheres Tyler? Is he ok?
Hes a bit tied up right now, he said with a smirk.
Before I could scream, he put his hand over my mouth. What did you want to tell him?
Well it was kind of private, but I know what youve done Alec. I know what youve done in the past, and I just found it out.
Oh?
Youre a murderer. And Ill get to Tyler one way or another. Youll see.
Actually you wont he said as he turned on the camera and pointed it at me.
What the..Tyler! Oh God
Now that youve seen your best friends face for the last time, goodbye Sylvia. And at that, he hung up and smashed the phone into pieces.
Now that shes out of the way, lets get you out of the way. Just then, the door opened and came a bright light.
What the [removed]?
The bright light went to Alec and seemed to be consuming himI had no clue on what was happening. I had to cover my eyes to shield myself from the extreme brightness. I heard a scream come from Alec, a scream you could never forget. After it got quiet, I took my hands off my eyes and saw a face in the bright light it was the most beautiful face Ive seen and it spoke: Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me. It was a quote from the book of Pslams from the Bible Then the figure vanished completely and the straps that were holding me down released. I looked down to notice I was shirtless and I had a marking on my chest it was in the shape of a cross strange. I got up barely able to walk one step, but I had to get out of there. I had to get back to America.
Part III
Its been 4 years ever since that day, and Ill never be able to forget it. I went back to America and finished college there and earned a degree in computer graphics. I found my true love, Zane, and we settled down. He was British (what can I say? I love British guys), and I convinced him to come to America with me. We got married and were happy, but Ill always miss Alec. He showed me how to love, but now Im giving it to Zane.
Babe, Im going to take the dog out for a walk, Ill be back soon! Zane said as he gave me a quick kiss goodbye and he went off with the dog. That put me alone in the house. I decided to start reading a book I picked up at the library, Divergent. Sylvia suggested it for so long, so I decided to give it a try.
As I was reading, I heard a noise coming from the kitchen. I got up and walked into the kitchen it was empty. I turned to walk out, but the kitchen door was gone, completely. I started to freak out. Dont worry Tyler, maybe you just fell asleep while sleeping, but thats when I saw it A dark shadow lifting out of the ground. It was Alec he spoke: Remember me? he said as he smiled, showing a set of sharpened teeth.
What who what are you?
And at that moment, he flew at me and I was consumed by the shadows. The last thing I heard before it all went quiet was a quote from the book of John from the Bible: But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him. Then it was quiet and I was sucked into an eternity with the monster I once knew as Alec.

vause

If you don't mind some criticism - I'd suggest using quotation marks when characters are speaking. Without them, it seems really cluttered and it's difficult to follow.