The ride home

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
So I was at a friend's apartment tonight and we were watching creepy videos (we love to freak ourselves out). It came time to leave and on the drive home, I kept getting these creepy images in my head. So when I got home I put strung them all into a story and here is what I ended up with. I am pretty much this "Jet" character (all of the events are based on my night, save for the supernatural etc).

He grabbed his books and his water bottle from the table and made for the door. On his way out of the apartment complex, Jet noted that the time was creeping past midnight. He grabbed his keys out of his pocket to unlock the car door. As he reached for the car door, his water bottle slipped out of his hands and disappeared under the vehicle. Jet tucked the book in his armpit and bent down to grab the water bottle, but before he reached the ground, the water bottle rolled back and stopped at his toes.
Pulling out of the parking lot, Jet turned up the radio. Not a lot of things are as relaxing as cruising down a street with minimal traffic and great music to ease the mind. The first half of the car ride home was completely normal.
Jet mentally notes the passing of the neighborhood "Sunrise Estates" as halfway mark home. The main road he always takes passes alongside a white concrete wall that runs the extent of the neighborhood. The streetlights on the other side of the road cast a shadow of Jet's car on the white concrete walls. His car shadow was there, but so was something else. On top of his car, an impossibly human figure was laying on the roof with long hair flapping in the wind.
Jet's first instinct would be to slam on the breaks, but the shock kept him still as stone. At a second glance, the shadow was gone, and soon, so was the concrete wall of the neighborhood. Further down the road, a green light switched the yellow, and then red. Jet kept the creature in his mind as he slowed to a stop, listening for any movement on the top of his car. The silence was both a relief and unsettling. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, longing for the light to turn green.
After a few minutes of waiting at the light, Jet noticed that no cars were passing through the intersection. He was stopped for nobody. Whether or not the light was on an automatic timer setting, he couldn't tell. With anger and impatience growing inside of him, Jet franticly peered down the perpendicular main road, to check for cars. But when he turned around, a face as pale as bone was pressed up against his rear window. Dark circles outlined hungry eyes, and black natty hair covered almost the entirety of the window, all highlighted by the eerie glow of red light.
Without any hesitation, Jet slammed his foot onto the gas petal, racing through the red light and down the road. Hovering over the speed limit, Jet's heart was ready to jump right out of his chest. He sped home, not daring to look at any projected shadows or through the rear-view mirror. Jet finally pulled into the neighborhood safely, without another scare. The former events seemed almost unreal; Jet began to doubt whether or not those things actually happened.
He pulled onto his street and parked in his parking spot. But just as Jet reached for the gear shift, a cold, bony hand was already there.

Let me know what you think. I don't write stories or anything like... ever so this is my first written story in a long time. Haha feedback/reactions would be awesome

Miss

First, I want to mention that you are absolutely adorable and I have always forgotten to mention this lol
Second, you have talent and this is wonderful :) It's nice to see people sharing things they have written on here, I love reading stuff it! Especially this, I couldn't just stop reading it because I didn't get bored! Haha
Nice work :cloud: :twist: