The Veil of Nostalgia

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I call this,

"The epitome of nostalgia"

If music truly is amorousness to the moved soul, then I could listen to this 1000000 times and never grow weary of its intoxication. I find myself having fallen in love with music all over again and this "castlevania" sound called dance of pales; what mesmeric and wondrous music that someone has created for online streaming. I still adore classical pieces for relaxing, watching the sky etc., but to hear such things created “de novo” again. Even if such is being shared online, like a random shot from a spiders web, you cannot expect someone else to understand that personal nostalgia. A place you wish you could remain inside, forever; the music never stopping....always playing. That heart that can show no love, no emotion, can find love as it finds the eternal sound. To no longer feel contritions or to yearn for that quenching void. I ask myself, what is the purpose of the internet if it is not to share. Even in the light of being sick of this world with its groveling, insincere people, something delightfully enchanting like this happens. It feeds your soul, it moves your nostalgia. As I sit here and write what comes to mind, I am reminded of the simple pleasures that give way to purpose and the means to function once again with pure sentiment for forms of immutable endearment.

On youtube of all places. Thank you internet, you have inspired me to write about it.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
:huh: im not sure what you said here but it sounded full of heartfelt compassion okay. i need a translator just to talk to you punks lol
Heh…

Do me a favor p-k’s. Ask yourself one simple, straightforward question. Would you be any different than what you already are; would you speak differently, act differently for any "friend or foe"? To ask an individual to change the way they speak, the way the words fall from the lips of their mouth; would it not be the same as to ask the stars in the night sky to change their shape? Entertain this idea, ruminate it over and over. I’m not offended by a lack of conversance or the unfamiliarity of one; it’s a lack of trying that I find most disturbing in reality. Not to imply you aren’t because to say something is better than to leave nothing at all, but I do get the sense that you’re in an urgency. Many people desire a quick release, a deliverance from trying to understand what’s beneath the surface and what words can really say; meaning language can be bewitching, pleasing even if spoken with fortitude. Like the sound of music, if you find yourself dissecting such, perhaps than you will have cogent avenues for thought.

Or…, perhaps even look it like a picture. Take the period of expressionism during the beginning of the 20th century, how such imagery was used and formed for mood and thought. But with art, even pictures, it’s a rather strange tragedy when someone becomes obsolete and only then, are they suddenly found to be in wanting by the masses. This abstruse value within their minds rise then; what do these self-proclaimed art critics really know, but to think as their precursors once did? The tragedy has always been in itself, often pointing to the lost language, music and art in the form of both spoken dialects and visual representations.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Just because you can use big words doesn't necessarily mean you should. When writing you probably want to attract a wider audience, which means making it more understandable :)
It shouldn't matter, apparently you didn't read my reply. Why should anyone water down or talk to other adults like they would talk to a child? Doesn't make sense to me anyways. You should speak as you feel and talk to others like your talking to another adult. Unless the person is below the age of eight, why speak to them any different.

britboy

It shouldn't matter, apparently you didn't read my reply. Why should anyone water down or talk to other adults like they would talk to a child? Doesn't make sense to me anyways. You should speak as you feel and talk to others like your talking to another adult. Unless the person is below the age of eight, why speak to them any different.
I did read your reply, however my point is that if some people don't understand what you are trying to say then you're not conveying your message properly. I'm just trying to be constructive here, there's a reason most books are not written how you have written your nostalgia piece. Writing is all about conveying your message, not trying to be as fancy as possible.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I did read your reply, however my point is that if some people don't understand what you are trying to say then you're not conveying your message properly. I'm just trying to be constructive here, there's a reason most books are not written how you have written your nostalgia piece. Writing is all about conveying your message, not trying to be as fancy as possible.
I know what your trying to imply but speaking from the heart, the self is not speaking "fancy". If it were my intention to write say - a book etc. then yes, you are correct in that I would have to not be myself completely, in order to appease said "masses". This is why I have no desire in writing books, I'm not a sell-out for monetary gain, losing myself in the process and not being true to myself in order to make a few bucks. Is it never wrong to speak how you feel, your "constructive" response is to sway me that I shouldn't speak how I am if I desire to sell work to people in general. That's never been on my path. I could care less about selling things to people.

hi britishboy i am watching naruto

britboy

I know what your trying to imply but speaking from the heart, the self is not speaking "fancy". If it were my intention to write say - a book etc. then yes, you are correct in that I would have to not be myself completely, in order to appease said "masses". This is why I have no desire in writing books, I'm not a sell-out for monetary gain, losing myself in the process and not being true to myself in order to make a few bucks. Is it never wrong to speak how you feel, your "constructive" response is to sway me that I shouldn't speak how I am if I desire to sell work to people in general. That's never been on my path. I could care less about selling things to people.
I'm not referring just to 'selling books' and I don't think you quite understand where I'm coming from. Not everyone understands the words you are trying to say, and that's evident in the person who posted above, and I am sure many other people would also have trouble following what you're saying, and that doesn't mean they're under the age of 8. I'm not trying to "sway you from your path", whatever that path may be, I have no idea.

I commend your writing style because I think it's pretty good apart from the overzealous use of large words that don't really add anything. I'm not exactly a writer myself, I in fact suck at writing. I just hope you take the constructive criticism because that's how you get better in all forms of life.

I'm glad you seem to enjoy writing though, because it's a good thing to enjoy :)

i understand and if it means anything to you I think your writing is beautiful. im sorry just hard to understand sometimes . i dont think you should change for anyone just means i have to study english more! be true to you dont matter if bri boy person or i think harder to understand for example hun. im kinda jealous how you are with words, makes me feel lazy like i should've party less and opened more books lol but you keep writing! i love reading it because i know it comes from your real feelings :hearts: you are a genuine and one of a kind! i would love to read more so plz pm me anytime!

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
i understand and if it means anything to you I think your writing is beautiful. im sorry just hard to understand sometimes . i dont think you should change for anyone just means i have to study english more! be true to you dont matter if bri boy person or i think harder to understand for example hun. im kinda jealous how you are with words, makes me feel lazy like i should've party less and opened more books lol but you keep writing! i love reading it because i know it comes from your real feelings :hearts: you are a genuine and one of a kind! i would love to read more so plz pm me anytime!
Thank you, your words are kind and considerate. I will keep this in mind.

I'm not referring just to 'selling books' and I don't think you quite understand where I'm coming from. Not everyone understands the words you are trying to say, and that's evident in the person who posted above, and I am sure many other people would also have trouble following what you're saying, and that doesn't mean they're under the age of 8. I'm not trying to "sway you from your path", whatever that path may be, I have no idea.

I commend your writing style because I think it's pretty good apart from the overzealous use of large words that don't really add anything. I'm not exactly a writer myself, I in fact suck at writing. I just hope you take the constructive criticism because that's how you get better in all forms of life.

I'm glad you seem to enjoy writing though, because it's a good thing to enjoy :)
I’ll also take that as a compliment from you because to have zeal is to have great passion in pursuit of whatever you do. To be overzealous means that your “hardcore” at it. “All in or all out” as they say. For example, it’s perfectly okay and appreciated by society when a sports player makes baskets over and over for a profession. How or why does he/she do this? Because they are by definition – “overzealous” by nature – they practice constantly – they usually have a natural ability accompanied by a driving passion, a force. Now, think about this for a minute; is a person overzealous in their own eyes if they grew up differently/environment completely contrasting to someone else’s? No. It could mean that they have a passion for what becomes lost in a world of slang, a world where art, music and language becomes lost over time. When you speak from the mind, the heart, it must be so; otherwise you’re only being fake to yourself when you place such on paper or in conversing with another. To ask someone to change how they talk to you in reality, is more offensive then asking someone to dress differently – often the man or woman that does this is simply doing so for the level of their own comfort. It has never bothered me when people have given me strange looks for the way I speak because of some “book cover” perception, metaphorically speaking of course, I find humor in it. Often times its people whom are dense to anything other than what they say, those whom are afraid of change and what they don’t understand are the ones that have issues with it. Instead of being angry at that person, it’s better to help them understand not to walk through their life with any ignorant mindset. Not to say you are in reality of course but as you continue to meet people, I would never recommend telling someone in person that you have an aversion towards them simply because of their jargon and what is normal to them. Again, not saying you would in reality. If they are disrespectful, then that can be hashed out one way or another. I personally revel in having conversations with people online whom I’d probably never speak to in person. Not because I don’t want to, but often I feel it being a waste of time. For example, I know you looked at my writing and then came back to it before you ever made a comment, you waited until someone else did. If a man stares into someone long enough, you can usually get their true intentions off a computer easily. Even if you don't think your a good writer now, it doesn't mean you can't be of course. You should try more often.

i also don't understand much of what you usually write but i think that is just your style and you should totally stick with it! it is unique and i guess i don't know you really but all your posts I've seen you speak that way and so what from i can tell thats just you and i like the writing style even if i don't always understand. Kinda similar like the bible or old shakespeare kinda stuff, in a writing sense way.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
i also don't understand much of what you usually write but i think that is just your style and you should totally stick with it! it is unique and i guess i don't know you really but all your posts I've seen you speak that way and so what from i can tell thats just you and i like the writing style even if i don't always understand. Kinda similar like the bible or old shakespeare kinda stuff, in a writing sense way.
Thank you for the kind words, you are correct. It's not in me to be what I am not. Perhaps online, that is something an individual tries to share, by pressing a button as they speak instead of a vocal response. I don't know if others have a tendency to do this but I find myself speaking to myself as I press the buttons on a computer to say as I feel. In a way..., I suppose it's like talking out-loud (?). Attempting to make that connection, whereas the other feels a sense of congruity, to make that speech a little more personal by being yourself all the time. Almost like a vision of being able to see someone on the other end, as you speak, so that person is more privy to the other on this, opposite end of the internet "web".

Last edited:
I like your style of writing because it actually makes me think about what I'm reading. It's hard to explain... It's not like "oh, big words, I need to think about what that means" but more like "what is the author trying to tell me? Is there an even deeper meaning?" I like it. :)

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I like your style of writing because it actually makes me think about what I'm reading. It's hard to explain... It's not like "oh, big words, I need to think about what that means" but more like "what is the author trying to tell me? Is there an even deeper meaning?" I like it. :)
Thank you, I respect this line of thought from a reader/anyone else that will take the time to listen and have a deep conversation with in turn~ Whereas it’s a piece of literature or something emblematic and personal.

To quote you ~ “what is the author trying to tell me? Is there an even deeper meaning?" This logic, this particular line of conscience thought and reflection, reminds me of the famously coined phrase by a man named H.S. Thompson that I'm sure you've heard say before ~ "anything worth doing, is worth doing right."

It’s easy for mankind to be ill-disposed to anything different and no amount of death, gold, ailment, disease etc. has been able to change that fact. To be complacent and docile your entire life, now that’s the real tragedy that I see in people more often than not. I’m not saying a person needs to strive for notoriety of course in his/her country for example; what I am saying is that each and every individual should care enough to tackle one’s own self, to challenge themselves. If everything is handed to a person and they become mindless, numb to society; what good are they doing for themselves in the long run? Should you feel guilty for exercising a gift? No. A question you could contemplate over for many hours and many nights. What is life to you if it is not a gift? If your life is a gift then the rest by definition is also, a gift. I say to you, no man nor any woman should feel shame for exercising those rights, this advocacy for the self to entertain such thoughts.

D.Va

Literal Princess
this really wasn't hard at all to understand. if you can't figure words out using context clues, look them up in a thesaurus or dictionary, which are available online for free. if anything, reading this post should help you to expand your vocabulary, rather than compel you to complain about not understanding it.

it's creative writing.. the writer should use whatever words they prefer. would you go up to shakespeare and tell him to change the way he writes because you can't understand it? if the answer is no, then why are you doing it to this writer? if this is their way of expressing themselves, through lengthy words, then so be it. and if you don't understand it, look up a few words, it won't kill you.

so, i would like to commend you, beast, for a well written piece and responses.

D.Va

Literal Princess
it's creative writing.. the writer should use whatever words they prefer. would you go up to shakespeare and tell him to change the way he writes because you can't understand it? if the answer is no, then why are you doing it to this writer? if this is their way of expressing themselves, through lengthy words, then so be it. and if you don't understand it, look up a few words, it won't kill you.

I honestly find this style of writing to be romantic in a very dark, mysterious way. Not a lot of writers can pull this off.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro

I honestly find this style of writing to be romantic in a very dark, mysterious way. Not a lot of writers can pull this off.
Thank you for the kind words, both of you. It lightens the mind to know that there are still people out there that can truly appreciate the tongue of another; when genuine thoughts are placed on paper, it is invariably good and pure because of where such comes from. When you touch that inner psyche of another, the man or woman whom does such, “can move mountains” regardless of any predisposed relations.

I ask myself, what is the purpose of the internet if it is not to share. Even in the light of being sick of this world with its groveling, insincere people, something delightfully enchanting like this happens. It feeds your soul, it moves your nostalgia. As I sit here and write what comes to mind, I am reminded of the simple pleasures that give way to purpose and the means to function once again with pure sentiment for forms of immutable endearment.
I love this part so much!

I think your writing is like poetry :) I might have to re read it a couple of times, but I believe I can understand what you're saying. You express emotions beautifully! I think if more people talked like you, there would be less fights because it sounds so polite and very intelligent. :) The English language has a dictionary filled with so many different words, so why just use the basic ones ;)

When you touch that inner psyche of another, the man or woman whom does such, “can move mountains” regardless of any predisposed relations.
I love this, too!

To quote you ~ “what is the author trying to tell me? Is there an even deeper meaning?" This logic, this particular line of conscience thought and reflection, reminds me of the famously coined phrase by a man named H.S. Thompson that I'm sure you've heard say before ~ "anything worth doing, is worth doing right."

It’s easy for mankind to be ill-disposed to anything different and no amount of death, gold, ailment, disease etc. has been able to change that fact. To be complacent and docile your entire life, now that’s the real tragedy that I see in people more often than not. I’m not saying a person needs to strive for notoriety of course in his/her country for example; what I am saying is that each and every individual should care enough to tackle one’s own self, to challenge themselves. If everything is handed to a person and they become mindless, numb to society; what good are they doing for themselves in the long run? Should you feel guilty for exercising a gift? No. A question you could contemplate over for many hours and many nights. What is life to you if it is not a gift? If your life is a gift then the rest by definition is also, a gift. I say to you, no man nor any woman should feel shame for exercising those rights, this advocacy for the self to entertain such thoughts.
And this is so true! It's also kind of inspring :)