The VMK Apocalypse: Survivors of the Undead. Chapter 1

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
Six years later.

The hazy, dark purple sky blazed with a tint of fiery orange in the afternoon sun. A cool breeze complimented the sunset on this mid-September evening, blowing the whisps of catgrass every which direction. A teenaged girl, about nineteen, sat on a nearby rock to catch her breath. She wiped the sweat off of her brows, exhaling slowly as she lifted her eyes to the sky. The girl slid the bag she was wearing down her arm, unzipped the zipper and began to rummage through it, pulling out a cloth and a bag of goldfish. Enjoying the quiet evening, she unsheathed her bloody katana and began to wipe it clean, all the while appreciating the taste of the baked, cheesy fishes.
Sheathing both the katana and her bag, she attached them once again to her back, and stood. Her blonde, mid-length hair blew in the wind along with her tattered green baby-doll top and skinny jeans.
The girl traveled for hours into the dusk when she came upon a tall, stone wall that seemed to rise up for ages. Because of the darkness, her vision failed her.
"AHH- forgot I had one of those!!" She thought aloud, taking a flashlight out of her pocket. The girl switched on the light and shone it over the pinkish stone, but could not see the top. She followed her light to the clearing, noticing two steel gates which had been ripped from the wall and crumpled to the ground. Cautiously, she entered through the wall and shone the light over the ground, scanning it quickly. The light fell on a thick green letter "k",followed by two others.
"No..Oh my..no. This..It can't be."
But it was.
She was standing in the ruins of Virtual Magic Kingdom.
As she spoke, she heard a sound coming from the left, and quickly shut her flashlight off. Before she could say anything at all, someone jumped down and landed perfectly on all fours on the cobbled stone ground; crouched over.
From what she could see, it was another girl.
The girl stood.
"Who are you, and what do you want?"
She asked in a very hostile manner.
"I'm..A-Amy.." she stuttered, at a loss for words.
The latter girl unsheathed her sword and held it at Amy's neck.
"You see this? This is my sword. That's your neck. It won't take but a second to end your life. You pull anything, you're dead. Got it?"
"Understood."
"Okay, follow me. And keep that light off. Don't want to attract anything else around here. "
Amy did as she was told and followed the girl for what seemed like forever through jungles and sand in silence. It was nearly around one in the morning when they finally reached a small boat.
"After you." The anonymous girl spoke.
Amy climbed in as the other hopped in in front of her, making the boat sway.
She paddled them for an endless hour through the Caribbean Sea to a secluded island complete with a huge pirate ship.
The girl very gracefully hopped off of the boat, helping Amy as she struggled.
"I imagine we're somewhere in Adventureland..considering the whole beach thing."
"Discovery island."
"Why here..?"
"Well, for one, no one knows about this place but myself. Secondly, the infected can't and won't follow us here. We're so far away from the rest of the kingdom, and they don't like water. Or sharks. Now inside, please."

The girl boarded the ship and lit the candles one by one, creating an eerie setting. Amy sat herself down on a maroon, velvet couch that was soft to the touch.
"Oh no, don't get yourself comfortable yet. You have to talk first. "
She sat across from Amy, her face illuminated by the candlelight.
Amy's blue eyes stared straight into the girl's cold, sea-green eyes. She examined her, noticing how inhumanly gorgeous she was. She had perfect facial features, her make-up very colorful and pretty. Her platinum, wavy hair flowed like the sea all the way past her bottom, complimenting her tan skin. Amy also noticed that she spoke with an exotic accent, implacable but could hear a bit of Jamaican mixed in.
"Amy." She spoke, very crisp and clear.
"How did you find us, Amy?"
"Us..? You mean you aren't the only one?"
"Of course not. The community is just hidden. We don't want the infected to infect the uninfected."
She chuckled a bit at her play on words.
"I'm from here, " Amy spoke.
"I was about thirteen. I fled when I got the chance. I've been on my own in the outside ever since. I learned that it's a long, hard road. Trust no one. It's you against them, you against the survivors. You fight for your life. There's no giving up. If you give up, you become what your opposer is."
"Aye, but they're not all like that. A true fighter in deed, Amy."
"May I ask who you are?"
"Me? I am Coco. Coco Bandicoot."
"Where are you from, Coco?"
"I belong to the sea, child."
"What do you mean..?"
Coco rose from her seat and walked to the window, staring into the horizon.
"I'm not human, lovely. I'm an immortal mermaid who conducts magic. I was abandoned as an infant. Host_Hula found me washed up on the shore with a tail. Kept my secret. She took care of me. Raised me like I was her own. The survivors know what I truly am now, though. We're very close to each other. We defend one another against the undead. We love with all of our hearts and souls and we stick together. We're a family. We have lost some dear members, yes, but we never forget them and we train harder so we don't let them down."
Amy wondered why she spoke in such short sentences, but shook the thought from her head.
"You can stay. But they will not trust you. I do not trust you. It will take time. We will feed and clothe you, but if you make as much as a single wrong move, we turn you to the undead.
Got it?"
"Yes ma'am."
Coco led Amy down the hall of the ship, to the captain's quarters, opening the door to the suite.
"You will sleep here tonight. I will keep watch until Morning, so you will be safe. I will bring you to the forecourt for breakfast.
There is a shower and a bathroom, and the bed is very comfortable. Please, make yourself at home. If you need me, just call my name."
Amy turned to thank her, but Coco had already shut the door and locked it.
--------------------------------------------

Outside the ship, Coco leaned against the crow's nest while Bobsbestgame sauntered towards her.
"What're you doing here, sweet pea?" He questioned in his classy southern accent. He was a powerful magician who had grown up in Frontierland, with dark hair like the beibs and eyes that changed with the seasons, which were Caribbean blue at the time.
"As I ask the same to you, love. You should be with your darling Shasha about now, shouldn't you?"
"I reckon she's sleeping. Got out for a while to clear my mind. What brings you here at this time of night, mermaid?"

"We have a visitor. Her name's Amy. She seems very clever. Only revealed information that we can not use. Not like we would anyways. She's armed with a katana-I'm bringing her to Cas tomorrow to test her skills. Seems like she could be a leader."
"Coco, darlin'..you sure about this? You know you gotta habita trustin' too easy."
Coco gave him the stare.
"Um, I'm sure. You know how fast I can strike. She makes a wrong move and I'll throw her body to the zombies, kiddo."
"Only if you're sure. Wanna walk with me?"
"I would, but I promised to watch her until morning."
"Gotta always be so loyal. Whatever guy gets you is a lucky one."
Coco chuckled and smiled brightly.
"Shut up, Bobby."
"Hey- but I reckon it's the first time I've seen you smile in days."
Bob smiled and vanished into thin air.
Coco shook her head and muttered, "him and that teleportation magic will get him into trouble one day...I'm counting on it."