Things that keep you from having fun

philitup

The Internet Champion!
So if you haven't seen the live SnapChat story from today titled "UCA Championships" which is the national cheerleading championship being held right now at Disney's Wide World of Sports. I came home last night but they've been there since Thursday so I got some time to interact with everyone's favorite park guests! There are two main reasons I dislike cheerleaders at Disney a) they're there for cheerleading which is basically the annoying version of gymnastics, and this is coming from someone that's taken gymnastics since I was 11. And b) they think absolutely anywhere is a good place to practice a cheer, like "we're in the parking lot, it's time to practice back-halves!" "We're paying for our food WE'VE GOT SPIRIT YES WE DO WE'VE GOT SPIRIT HOW ABOUT YOU?" (But there literally were cheerleaders practicing in the parking lot of Coronado Springs at midnight). So yeah, I respect cheerleaders and what they can do, but I much rather go during the gymnastics world championships because those are people I can actually keep my sanity around. And no, this doesn't actually keep me from having fun, but this pretty much the Disney version of a first world problems thread.

But my question all of you is what annoys you most about your Disney trip? It could be anything.

Last edited:

-Lex-

Cat lady, and slightly awkward bartender.
That would honestly annoy me too.

I like kids and all, but it annoys me when parents don't watch their kids. When I was at Disney for my Senior trip, I was eating at Casey's Corner and some kid grabbed some of my fries and ran off and his parents were too busy talking with other people to even notice or care. Yeah no, not cool.

I'm a cheerleader (well used to be) and even i find the cheer weeks to be hilarious. Once when i was on HM at WDW where they say "exit to your left" due to the fact that 20 inches to your right is a BRICK WALL but those cheerleaders kept making the ride stop bc they felt the need to exit right into the brick wall....though this is only part of the cheerleaders. Stereotype's like dumb blond cheerleaders do exist but not all of them are idiots. its just the idiot and/or really peppy stereotype cheerleaders you dislike :P and in all honesty i think everyone dislikes them in disney

Thorn

Make it Green
Anyone who is extra kinda makes me go sour to be honest.

-Quoting over-quoted movies/tv shows
-Being a buzzing stereotype
-Correcting people on small details about fictional characters
-Plagiarism
-Over-the-top, unbelievable acting
-Brown nosing
-Religious extremism
-Buzzkills
-Special snowflakes

I can't stand any of it and will hard-pass it at all costs.

Megara

no sleep club
Let me set up the backstory for my most annoying thing at Disney.

Last time I was in Disney, I was with my parents and boyfriend for his birthday. I was in line for Everest, when I suddenly felt like I was going to pass out. I became nauseous and starting losing my vision and hearing. My boyfriend and parents helped me out of the line (which I don't remember, except for one CM saying "Wow, you look really pale." -.-). My dad had went to go get me a wheelchair from the front of the park while I sat outside of the ride. I went and got some food, and I started feeling better - I just couldn't get up and stand, otherwise I felt lightheaded. So, I had to use the wheelchair for the rest of the day.

So, we ended our day at EPCOT, and around 8:00pm-ish we wanted to get some food. As my family and I were trying to leave the restaurant after already getting our food, it started to get packed and I could hardly move my wheelchair anywhere because people wouldn't make room for me to leave. Every time a space opened up, my boyfriend tried pushing me a tiny bit further, but then someone would immediately walk in front of me and then look at me like I was nuts for almost hitting them. Because of it, we were also causing a line behind us, and directly behind us were two older women, who kept complaining about me being in a wheelchair the entire time. Honestly, if I could've gotten up and walked out of the restaurant, I would've. I wish people would've understood that if they could've helped me out of there in the first place, then there wouldn't have been such a big hold-up for as long as there was one. :shrug:

Anyone who is extra kinda makes me go sour to be honest.

-Quoting over-quoted movies/tv shows
-Being a buzzing stereotype
-Correcting people on small details about fictional characters
-Plagiarism
-Over-the-top, unbelievable acting
-Brown nosing
-Religious extremism
-Buzzkills
-Special snowflakes

I can't stand any of it and will hard-pass it at all costs.
I think he meant just at Disney. lool

-Overly OVERLY OVERLY friendly people.
-People who cut the line.
-Seeing kids in those stupid little monkey leashes. LET THEM BE FREEEE!!!
-Overpriced food/merchandise that's ********.
-Rude guests that think they're so above everyone else, mostly the older ones with the electric scooters. xD[DOUBLEPOST=1423399651][/DOUBLEPOST]
Let me set up the backstory for my most annoying thing at Disney.

Last time I was in Disney, I was with my parents and boyfriend for his birthday. I was in line for Everest, when I suddenly felt like I was going to pass out. I became nauseous and starting losing my vision and hearing. My boyfriend and parents helped me out of the line (which I don't remember, except for one CM saying "Wow, you look really pale." -.-). My dad had went to go get me a wheelchair from the front of the park while I sat outside of the ride. I went and got some food, and I started feeling better - I just couldn't get up and stand, otherwise I felt lightheaded. So, I had to use the wheelchair for the rest of the day.

So, we ended our day at EPCOT, and around 8:00pm-ish we wanted to get some food. As my family and I were trying to leave the restaurant after already getting our food, it started to get packed and I could hardly move my wheelchair anywhere because people wouldn't make room for me to leave. Every time a space opened up, my boyfriend tried pushing me a tiny bit further, but then someone would immediately walk in front of me and then look at me like I was nuts for almost hitting them. Because of it, we were also causing a line behind us, and directly behind us were two older women, who kept complaining about me being in a wheelchair the entire time. Honestly, if I could've gotten up and walked out of the restaurant, I would've. I wish people would've understood that if they could've helped me out of there in the first place, then there wouldn't have been such a big hold-up for as long as there was one. :shrug:
That is frustrating!

I had to guide my grandmother with an electric scooter/wheelchair at Universal and Disney. I understand some people are not purposefully creating obstacles because they may be taking pics of family or surroundings, (which is where I get upset when old people with those scooters yell at me, or beep with their stupid horns, for taking pics when there's clearly an alternate path they could take, but they're too lazy to go around me.) but in your case when it's congested and people don't even bother making an effort to clear a path that's straight up rude.

Last edited:

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I'm a cheerleader (well used to be) and even i find the cheer weeks to be hilarious. Once when i was on HM at WDW where they say "exit to your left" due to the fact that 20 inches to your right is a BRICK WALL but those cheerleaders kept making the ride stop bc they felt the need to exit right into the brick wall....though this is only part of the cheerleaders. Stereotype's like dumb blond cheerleaders do exist but not all of them are idiots. its just the idiot and/or really peppy stereotype cheerleaders you dislike :P and in all honesty i think everyone dislikes them in disney
LOL! I know what you mean. A few days ago I was on Splash Mountain and a group on cheerleaders in one of the logs couldn't understand the concept of pulling down their lap bars. But I do know some very nice cheerleaders at my school, so being one doesn't atumatically make me hate you, that would just be stupid.

LOL! I know what you mean. A few days ago I was on Splash Mountain and a group on cheerleaders in one of the logs couldn't understand the concept of pulling down their lap bars. But I do know some very nice cheerleaders at my school, so being one doesn't atumatically make me hate you, that would just be stupid.
Yeah i can image some cheerleaders not understanding the "pull down the lapbar" i always love it when Gracey says "dont pull down the lapbar a ghost will do it for you" and they tug on it for like 5 min thinking that it'll go down if they pull hard enough XD
1 sentence. People who bump you in line. Do I need to say more?
On the note of this i have had some uhh 'special" experiences with people in lines at disney -.- one time someone said if i didnt walk faster they were gonna punch me in the face.....yeah XD some people are just special lol

i would think the cheerleader week thing would be most annoying.

another though would be the rain. i know a lot of stuff is indoors, but unless its a very light sprinkle, rain just makes me depressed and ruins my day. So if i was able to i would choose to go when its not rain season

philitup

The Internet Champion!
i would think the cheerleader week thing would be most annoying.

another though would be the rain. i know a lot of stuff is indoors, but unless its a very light sprinkle, rain just makes me depressed and ruins my day. So if i was able to i would choose to go when its not rain season
I was on the TomorrowLand Speedway back in September and as soon as I left the loading area it started to rain for the first time all day (this was at night), and then it got harder and harder, so hard that I couldn't even open my eyes there was so much water running down my face. It's like really? Literally I could be on any other ride and I'd be fine, or even if I was just walking around I could put on my rain coat.

None of this prevents me from having fun, but I do find these things aggravating...

*ahem*

- The people who leave their brains at home
- The loud and obnoxious cheerleaders who tend to do dangerous things
- The loud Brazilian tour groups with no regard for personal space and don't care if they knock you to the ground (cultural thing, I know)
- The people who hold a spot in line for their party to come pushing through later
- The people who ignore what they're instructed to do multiple times (like getting off on the RIGHT-hand side of the tram. this isn't rocket science, kids)
- The people that stand in the middle of the road blocking pathways
- Summer mugginess
- Just summer in general
- Summer being April-October
- Getting whacked by umbrellas
- The teenaged girls who freak out when they see characters (that level of screaming is disturbing)
- The girls who wear pumps to the Parks... I can't even...
- The people who shout at characters in parades as if they're paparazzi
- The security guards who feel the need to dig around every inch of your bag. It's unnecessary and holds up the line
- The drunks at Epcot
- Tbh, the people at Epcot who choose a burger and fries over ALL the food options around World Showcase. That's MK food, tyvm
- Feeding the birds said fries
- The gigantic entree portions. Disney needs to get a clue
- Bratty kids
- When it's so crowded there's literally no elbow room and you have to dodge your way around
- Having general knowledge of what goes on backstage and the insanity some people go through just to keep the freaking operation running
- CMs not doing their jobs/not following the flippin' Four Keys and getting away with Disney Look violations. I notice these things, OK? I clearly have high expectations :table:
- No more self-serve Dole Whip at the Polynesian :cry:

Last edited:

philitup

The Internet Champion!
None of this prevents me from having fun, but I do find these things aggravating...

*ahem*

- The people who leave their brains at home
- The loud and obnoxious cheerleaders who tend to do dangerous things
- The loud Brazilian tour groups with no regard for personal space and don't care if they knock you to the ground (cultural thing, I know)
- The people who hold a spot in line for their party to come pushing through later
- The people who ignore what they're instructed to do multiple times (like getting off on the RIGHT-hand side of the tram. this isn't rocket science, kids)
- The people that stand in the middle of the road blocking pathways
- Summer mugginess
- Just summer in general
- Summer being April-October
- Getting whacked by umbrellas
- The teenaged girls who freak out when they see characters (that level of screaming is disturbing)
- The girls who wear pumps to the Parks... I can't even...
- The people who shout at characters in parades as if they're paparazzi
- The security guards who feel the need to dig around every inch of your bag. It's unnecessary and holds up the line
- The drunks at Epcot
- Tbh, the people at Epcot who choose a burger and fries over ALL the food options around World Showcase. That's MK food, tyvm
- Feeding the birds said fries
- The gigantic entree portions. Disney needs to get a clue
- Bratty kids
- When it's so crowded there's literally no elbow room and you have to dodge your way around
- Having general knowledge of what goes on backstage and the insanity some people go through just to keep the freaking operation running
- CMs not doing their jobs/not following the flippin' Four Keys and getting away with Disney Look violations. I notice these things, OK? I clearly have high expectations :table:
- No more self-serve Dole Whip at the Polynesian :cry:
I would like to expand upon the Dole Whip complaint. You know how Captain Cooks is open 24 hours? Well one night in September we were at magic hours until 1 AM, and we're crazy so we wanted to get flat bread pizzas at 1:30 which we've done before. But when we came up to the parking attendant he played dumb and acted like it's always been a rule that only registered guests could park after like 11 PM, even though just a couple of days before we had parked there for the exact same reason after a Halloween party. So we're being treated like a bunch of outsiders even though we were staying at one of the suits at Art of Animation AND we are Annual Pass Holders. So then my dad called customer service and we got 150$, which was pretty nice. But then we came back in November and we pulled up at midnight one night and the lady just starred at us and said "I remember you... Go in and turn left" it's like what the heck? We're here to get freaking flat bread pizzas and spend our money here and the only people that have a problem with it are the parking attendants of all people. Then they ultimately stopped selling flat bread pizzas after midnight, so you can probably thank us for that if it's still a rule. The point of this story is that the people at the Polynesian are a bunch of morons that apparently don't want money from people.

when you're walking around the park and you get the wedgie of a lifetime but you can't pick it cause there's a kajillion people around you.