This isn't actually a bug.....

brainfreeze

The one and only...
This isn't actually a bug, but did anyone realize there are now 2 "Merida Tops". Both have the same exact title and nearly identical. If they are different, shouldn't they have a different title to be less confusing?

The top-right shows them side-by-side in my inventory.

I wasn't too stoked when I saw that they re-made the merida top, I don't understand why they did either. I find that the old top matches the merida skirt way better than the new top

Personally, I prefer the new top to the old. The old has (or atleast had) some issues where things were different sizes in the different rotations of the outfit. The new does not seem to have that issue. I know its nitpicky, but its one of those things I cant help but catch when people are walking about wearing an item. But I agree it could maybe be named slightly different so that people know which is which!

VMK_Schweetz

Game Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Designer
MyVMK Staff
Hi there! Perhaps I can explain and bring some light onto what happened with this issue.

The original Merida Top was made by a designer who no longer designs for MyVMK and when we were planning out Pixar month for this year, a current designer wanted to make a complete Merida outfit, including a skirt. Originally the designer wanted to be able to make a Merida Skirt to go with the Merida Top that we already had available in the game. However, they felt it would be a bit odd to match the original designer's style rather than to just start out fresh and make a new full Merida Outfit in their own unique style. Therefore, we felt it would be best if a new Merida Top was made, so that the outfit released this month would reflect the designers work and be cohesive design-wise.

With that being said, we have complete and utter respect for the original Merida Top's designer and love the work that they put into making the original top! We have no plans on removing the original Merida Top from the game as we believe each designer has their own unique style and have very different ways on how they design each individual item for MyVMK. To fix the issue of being able to distinguish the original Merida Top from the new Merida Top, we will look into the possibility of renaming one of the tops so that guests will be able to distinguish the two tops. If you have any ideas on what we should rename the original Merida Top or the new Merida Top to, please let us know as we are open to any and all suggestions! We will keep you all updated on when that happens either on the forums, twitter, or the MyVMK newsletter.

I really hope this clears up whatever confusion there was with this issue and I really hope that you all have a magical/glitcherific day!