Thoughts on Sparky Hat/FAQ

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Disclaimer: Please only enter this conversation if you're going to be mature and respectful. You're 100% allowed your opinion but it becomes a problem when it A) Becomes insulting or condescending to specific users/staff members or B) When you're trying to shove your opinion down somebody's throat. I will have the thread closed if it gets out of hand, but I'm hoping it won't get to that point. D:

For those who missed it, here's what we know about the Sparky Hat:

How much is it?
The hat is 10,000 credits.

How long will it be available for?
The hat will be available 24 hours starting on Friday at around 6:30PM EST.

Is it tradeable?
The hat is not currently tradeable in hopes of preventing people from stock piling. Amy confirmed in shoutbox that the hat will be tradeable in the future.

Can you buy multiples?
No, you can only buy one per account.

If you have any additional official staff comments on the hat, or any more questions, lmk!! :yay:

Please share your thoughts and opinions!! I already see people trying to break chaos loose and honestly, I think the choices made for this item are adequate. In 24 hours, 10k is easily obtainable (you can do 5k per day if you don't want to overwhelm yourself). It only sucks because although I don't want the hat, I have a few friends who can't play for numerous reasons and I was looking forward to getting them each a hat. Since it's not tradeable, that's difficult. However, I think overall, the staff made a good choice and Amy even hinted that maybe she'd look into monitoring the people using clones to get extra hats and make it so it's untradeable for those specific users. How awesome would that be??

Discuss away!!

Last edited:
Good pricing and good measures taken by staff, but people will still find loopholes via clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you on the only one per account thing. I'd love to purchase it for those out of town! However, I think it was smart of them to do that with all the hoarders we have around here! I'm glad it's 10,000 because that's a reasonable amount of credits. Overall I'm super happy with the decisions made by the staff, and I'm excited to wear my new Sparky!! :bounce:

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I think Amy's idea for clone prevention sounds great. It kinda stinks that it's 10K, but that's what I expected and now know I have to play a bunch of JC and fireworks

Using iPhone, on vacation

Azimuth

scatcat's gang
I think the price, the amount of time it's available, and the limit of 1 per account is all good. Ten grand only takes about an hour and a half to get, and with good music and food that's really not bad at all. The limited amount and the time it's available will help the value be where it should be (if it wasn't for these things there would be so many more in the game, and I don't think it would be valued as high as it deserves to be). I'm a happy camper. :)

Anubis

أنوبيس الثناء!
To be honest, I can't see this becoming that rare, yes even though it is 1 per person. Earning 10K isn't hard to do, and could be completed by tomorrow. There are still people who are trying to get a gc to buy this hat. The Gc is going to cost you more than the hat will be worth tbh. I can see the hat being worth 20K after its out of shop. Also, it isn't as cute or wanted as stitch/leroy/angel. The 1 per person isn't going to do much, because it only costs 10K, so a lot of them will be out there. If anything Im just gonna give a firewall when they are able to be traded.

PrinceAli

OOOOO I had no idea that Amy was monitoring some clones getting the hats, that made this even better!
Though I do agree with people it should be tradeable afterwards once the 24 hrs is up and use "other accounts" to try at least get one or two for their friends.
Plus twitter gave us a heads up to start saving right away, so that was a nice advantage right there.
Overall, this was seriously a great idea maintaining at 10k & one per player.
This experience reminds me of what the Disney Stores are doing still and keeping the Frozen merchandise to 2 per person LOL.

I agree with the one per player and non-tradeable rules, but honestly, I don't agree with the price or the time period that it's being sold for.
I'm kind of salty with the Stitch hats, tbh. I don't have time to come online and get tons of credits for a hat(especially in 24 hrs!), get tons of keys, or ride the rides all day, and I don't have enough rares or gcs to trade for a hat. It's really bugging me that every Stitch hat is set up to automatically be super rare. Lilo & Stitch is my favorite Disney movie, and it sucks that I'm never going to be able to own at least one hat.

Flume

Maybe if there was an option to send it to friends, that would be cool; however, the whole clone business would make it extremely easy for people to buy extras for clones. It's a hard situation that staff is in right now to limit stockpiling, as well as keeping making it possible for players to buy it. I do think that limiting it 1 per account is great. The whole system with how this hat is being limited is awesome. Staff did a good job at this. However, I just wish there was a way to send it to friends that cannot get on for the next 24 hours. But, it is understandable because you cannot please everyone and unfortunately there are people that would stockpile and make it unfair for everyone. A+ Staff

Last edited:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
If you have a have an extra that buys their own clothing/ pins. Plays their own games then you should be allowed to use them to buy a hat. One that plays regularly. One that just was not used to buy a hat or get into host event. Since some players do actually play with more than one character. Split time up. So technically they are not a true clone. If they earned it and saved up just like a regular player. So I see a middle group. They should be allowed to get a hat. :) But if you trade gc or trade items that were trade to the clone then no that is not right.

I agree with Little, you earn the credits then you earn the hat simple as that. You should be free to do what you want with the item. Ok just for confirmation, the hat will be tradeable after it retires in 24 hours right? I asked in the shoutbox but it seems nobody is kind enough to confirm...I just want to make sure because I want to trade the hat to a friend.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I agree with Little, you earn the credits then you earn the hat simple as that. You should be free to do what you want with the item. Ok just for confirmation, the hat will be tradeable after it retires in 24 hours right? I asked in the shoutbox but it seems nobody is kind enough to confirm...I just want to make sure because I want to trade the hat to a friend.
Yes, it will be! Amy didn't say how long after it retires that it will be tradeable, but she did say it would be.

I agree with the one per player and non-tradeable rules, but honestly, I don't agree with the price or the time period that it's being sold for.
I'm kind of salty with the Stitch hats, tbh. I don't have time to come online and get tons of credits for a hat(especially in 24 hrs!), get tons of keys, or ride the rides all day, and I don't have enough rares or gcs to trade for a hat. It's really bugging me that every Stitch hat is set up to automatically be super rare. Lilo & Stitch is my favorite Disney movie, and it sucks that I'm never going to be able to own at least one hat.
I agree 100%.

I won't rant on about it, but it does disappoint me. It's breaking my heart, honestly. Not just for me, but for anyone who won't be able to purchase it. It's an adorable hat!

I knew from the get-go I wasn't going to be wealthy, and I was...OK with that, I suppose. I've accepted it and I usually blow it off. ...but...seriously, I truly wish everyone could have the opportunity to obtain some kind of Stitch hat. Everyone loves Stitch, everyone loves the hats, so...why should they be so rare? So rare that only the elite may enjoy them? Could someone tell me what the fun is in that? I'd like to know. :impatient:

I think the pricing is fair. I mean, I keep 20K at all times for new items. I LOVE that Amy is monitoring for other accounts.!! Although I don't like that they aren't able to be traded, and I can only buy one )=.! These could be used for great prizes that people set up their rooms to be, but hey.. I got mine soooo I'm satisfied!! (=

AlphaTheEdge

R u kidding the hat is so kewl. I like that its expensive you have to earn it. I certainly dont have the patience and in turn it is my loss. But one per person is fair too. Rare stuff is cool.. They are things you want to work hard to get. Very jealous of people who can get this hat!!