Today's Quest

HOST_Crash

Can we talk about how quest description said 500 in FW and then when we got to the end of the quest it says 4000? Can we also please get an obtainable number for these games? Not all of us are FW super stars and most of us use track pad...
Hi Cowboy_Pirate:

First I apologize for the error in the quest description. This was a throwback quest. When I originally ran the quest the score was intended to be 500. This time around it was meant to be more challenging. The score of 4000 is the intended score for this quest at this time.

The difficulty level of quests will vary since I try to reach a variety of different types of play styles. I do try to find a balance that most people can complete but time to time I will throw a difficult quest in the mix to allow for people who enjoy a challenge a chance as well. With that said those quests are few and far between and I tend to favor inclusive quests rather than challenging ones.

Or if you want to keep it consistently challenging can you swap out the games? So that way it’s not just if you’re good at FW or you get nothing?
I absolutely empathize with the fact that everyone enjoys different mini games for different reasons. I also recognize someone's skill level will vary from game to game. I typically try to balance that out by switching the games around or making quests more trivia intensive. This month is a unique situation since most of my quests are throwbacks to ones I did in the past. I will take your feedback into consideration when creating future quests.

I promise this will be the final quest with a very difficult Fireworks score for a while. Sunday will be the final challenging quest but most should have no difficulty in completing it.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out with your feedback and I hope you have a nice day!

I'll be completely honest. I started this quest today because I saw that it only required a score of 500 in Fireworks, and I have never been able to score more than 900. I thought that even though it's incredibly long I would be able to complete it, which would be a big deal because I can never reach the required Fireworks score for other quests. But learning the information in these posts, I am going to quit it as soon as I post this reply. I can't even tell you how disappointed I would've been to reach the end of the super long quest and find an impossible task- especially when I was told it only required 500. I'm not trying to complain- just saying it would've been nice to know that it requires a score of 4000. I had no idea what I was getting into. If I had, I wouldn't have started it. Good luck to everyone who attempts though:surrender:

Last edited:
Perhaps not as many questions. I heard there were over 100
Yes there are 115 tasks. But I stand by my post. People should know what they're getting into when they start the quest!

I'll be completely honest. I started this quest today because I saw that it only required a score of 500 in Fireworks, and I have never been able to score more than 900. I thought that even though it's incredibly long I would be able to complete it, which would be a big deal because I can never reach the required Fireworks score for other quests. But learning the information in these posts, I am going to quit it as soon as I post this reply. I can't even tell you how disappointed I would've been to reach the end of the super long quest and find an impossible task- especially when I was told it only required 500. I'm not trying to complain- just saying it would've been nice to know that it requires a score of 4000. I had no idea what I was getting into. If I had, I wouldn't have started it. Good luck to everyone who attempts though:surrender:
Absolutely! I just wasted almost 50 minutes of my day doing this quest, under the impression I would need to get a score of 500 (I struggle to get over 1000 lol). I don't go on vmk a whole lot because I'm so busy but I went on today for the quest only to be disappointed and to waste time haha

I do not mind the amount of questions, but i absolutely do mind the scoring being 4000 in FW. Even with all the advice, even having a mouse, it's still difficult to even obtain 3000. Kudos to those who can reach over 5000 though.

i do agree the error was misleading, i guess in the future things should be triple checked.
but, as for getting the score, a lot of people are complaining about the challenge rather than practicing to get better (clearly FW has been a hot part of the quests recently).

the last quest you needed a score of 3,000, and to someone who has never been good at fireworks i thought i'd never get it. after running through it a few times, changing strategies and googling a few tips on how to better my score, i was definitely able to very quickly. i was even able to score above a 4,100 for today's.

quests should have a bit of a challenge, otherwise every player gets a prize and it makes the reward not as enjoyable knowing it was pretty much given to you.

play and learn, putting in effort to get a better score WILL work, telling staff that ur unhappy won't :)

edit: and just fyi i use a trackpad, so def doable

Some people practice for so long and still can't score that high.... Anyway I think a more inclusive challenge would be if it was an even higher high score that was accumulating the points, that way it would take some people more time than others but at least they could put in the time and effort to win. Its hardly a challenge if you're already great at FW and can get that score in 1, 2 or 3 games, meanwhile others can play 10, 20 or 100 games and not do well enough to win even with all the tips others have been kind enough to share.

Congratulations to anyone that can or learnt how to score over 4000 though. Ur a fireworks superstar.

Matty

knows a thing or two
I feel for the players who just can't reach the fireworks score needed, no matter how hard they try. Really I just wanna run the quest on clones and give the Elliott to players who can't reach it. Of course I won't do that, but I feel for y'all struggling out there. :(

Last edited:
I appreciated the challenge of the quest overall! I just wish there was a little bit more time allocated for the quest. I know we had 24 hours to do it, but the questions were really tough and I had to google all of them before a friend of mine helped me out. It's also a Tuesday, a busy day of the week for some. It took me about 1 hour to get to the 42nd task (and that was because the answer to one of them was "Anastasia Drizella" and wouldn't accept me saying "Anastasia AND Drizella"). There were also some I couldn't even google and just ended up guessing on (I had no idea there were two of every creature for the Alice in Wonderland part of the parade, and I couldn't find a good video to check). If there are going to be that many parts to the quest, I think it would be fair to give players two days to finish!

Like I said though, I enjoyed the challenge! Just wish I had more time to enjoy it and not feel as rushed (:

HOST_Crash

I apologize for the description of the quest having the wrong score. This quest was a throwback, when it originally ran the score was much lower. The quest description not being updated was an unfortunate oversight. I'll try and remember to put mini-game scores on the event calendar going forward.

Perhaps not as many questions. I heard there were over 100
This was an old quest that happened to have been long, most of my other quests are in the 20-30 task range. It's rare I make a quest over 50 tasks at the most these days. This will probably be my one and only 100+ task quest ever.

Yes there are 115 tasks. But I stand by my post. People should know what they're getting into when they start the quest!
I agree with you, it is unfair to go through something under the assumption you will be able to meet the requirements when the reality is really something quite different than advertised. As I said, I will make sure a miscommunication like that does not happen again in the future.

Absolutely! I just wasted almost 50 minutes of my day doing this quest, under the impression I would need to get a score of 500 (I struggle to get over 1000 lol). I don't go on vmk a whole lot because I'm so busy but I went on today for the quest only to be disappointed and to waste time haha
I'm sorry to hear that. I promise something like this won't happen again.

You guys should really know what you're getting into, this quest is no joke! I can't believe you'd do such a thing Crash, shame on you.
It wasn't done on purpose, the error in the description was an unfortunate oversight.

Some people practice for so long and still can't score that high.... Anyway I think a more inclusive challenge would be if it was an even higher high score that was accumulating the points, that way it would take some people more time than others but at least they could put in the time and effort to win. Its hardly a challenge if you're already great at FW and can get that score in 1, 2 or 3 games, meanwhile others can play 10, 20 or 100 games and not do well enough to win even with all the tips others have been kind enough to share.

Congratulations to anyone that can or learnt how to score over 4000 though. Ur a fireworks superstar.
My quests on Sunday will be more inclusive. I am throwing back some of my easier holiday quests.

Jay.

I apologize for the description of the quest having the wrong score. This quest was a throwback, when it originally ran the score was much lower. The quest description not being updated was an unfortunate oversight. I'll try and remember to put mini-game scores on the event calendar going forward.

This was an old quest that happened to have been long, most of my other quests are in the 20-30 task range. It's rare I make a quest over 50 tasks at the most these days. This will probably be my one and only 100+ task quest ever.

I agree with you, it is unfair to go through something under the assumption you will be able to meet the requirements when the reality is really something quite different than advertised. As I said, I will make sure a miscommunication like that does not happen again in the future.

I'm sorry to hear that. I promise something like this won't happen again.

It wasn't done on purpose, the error in the description was an unfortunate oversight.

My quests on Sunday will be more inclusive. I am throwing back some of my easier holiday quests.
I was just joking bro lol was definitely being sarcastic. I don’t think it’s a big deal at all. If you suck, you suck (regarding fireworks)

YhiviEevee

I completely agree with CP's post. Not only does these quests are ridiculous but the quests are challenging players who HAVE the time to perfect their minigame skills when most of the players are adults with other priorities. Last quest was also a ridiculous 3000 score making anyone who plays this game leisurely excluded from any prize. I'll be completely honest in my perspective, this game doesn't need more challenges than what it's already facing especially when the game itself isn't challenging at all. There is no leveling feature, no boss feature, no true challenge so when these quests are expecting players to be able to pass your quest mini game quota within 24 hours you're not only expecting someone to improve their skills in a matter of hours but you're discouraging players to participate any further events. I think if staff want to keep that challenging quest idea, they should create three levels of difficulty to appease all players based on their commitment to the game.
Ps. Just an add in, the players these "challenging" quest prizes are targeting will not help the economy.

Just a few thoughts.
I do understand the frustration you guys are having here.. and that it is incredibly hard to improve your scores.. at times it can really feel like there is no possible way to get a higher score than the same score you have received 10 games in a row. This game is frustrating, and takes a long time to complete each game. It's not the kind of game that you want to feel pressured to improve your score within 24 hours. It took me many, many hours over the course of many days/months etc, of playing fireworks to be able to score 7k.. but sometimes it seems like people see those scores and assume that I was always just naturally good at fireworks, as if I didn't spend many nights playing and getting just as frustrated as the rest of you are now because I couldn't break 3k, 4k, 5k. So stating that its "hardly a challenge" for those of us who score high, seems a little unfair. The only reason it's not a challenge for us now, is because we put in all the hours practicing during the non-quest days to get better. So no, I didn't have to play 10, 20, or 100 games today to complete this quest. I already did that on my downtime to make sure I would be able to do quests such as these. If you wan't to be able to complete quests with higher difficulty, spend time playing and improving your scores when you don't have the pressure of a quest expiring on you. You will find yourselves less tense and with more freedom to actually get better gradually. This is what I did, and what I recommend to others. I would really love for everyone to be able to complete quests like this!

And yes, there will always be people who simply cannot score high enough, no matter how hard they try. And that is really, really unfortunate. I know it sucks to want to complete something and just not being able to.. at the very least, assuming rewards are tradable most of the time, you still have a chance to obtain an item you may want. Of course it won't have the same satisfaction perhaps for you as earning it yourself, but in a way trading for items is still earning them in the sense that you earned whatever spent on said item. I know this is not the thing people want to hear as a solution though, and I am sorry.

Having quests with varying difficulty is great. And this quest had so much effort put into it, so thank you @HOST_Crash for thinking of those players who really love quests and taking a risk, despite knowing there would be complaints. There are still players who I'm sure really enjoyed being able to work on this today!

My request to staff would be to please make sure games are running at their best, with little to no issues before requiring above-average scores. I am glad to have seen an improvement in a few of the mini games but there are still issues here and there that could use some more work. AND consider fixing the other fireworks version. This can be used as an alternative maybe? Require cumulative points.. whatever works best? But that might help ease the stress and tension with this issue.

I sent a couple of calls for help but didn't get a reply. I fell like I just wasted a couple of hours of my life. I appreciate all the time and effort that went into making the quest but it's very frustrating when you do all the steps and it won't let you advance. Hopefully we can get another shot at it?

@Neocissa I meant that it is hardly a challenge to obtain in this particular quest within 24 hours if you've already learnt to become great at fireworks, not that those that are good at it don't deserve the prize or didn't put in the effort over time. I was just highlighting that some players that haven't already mastered the game were willing to also rise to the challenge and continued playing for 20etc games within 24hrs making it much more of a challenge for them vs those that mastered it before. That's why I suggested accumulated points so at least effort was measured of the other players.
Personally for me I don't think I'll ever master it and I'm OK with that. I don't mind not having this prize because I have not seen the movie it's from. I was just giving a suggestion on how everyone's effort could be measured in some way. Did not mean to offend the players that can score that high.