Trade Room Usefulness?

Thorn

Make it Green
So for the past few days, I've been visiting trade rooms.

I would post my normal offers repeatedly, and then, knowing nobody was listening, I'd make an enormously stupid offer [value @ 6 fire walls, "looking for a firewall"] or [value @ mansion clock, "looking for an enchanted rose"]

Almost every single time, nobody noticed. USUALLY, they'd just be talking random, non-trade related things, so they weren't even reading other people's text except for one or two people. In fact, sometimes nobody posted for a minute or two afterswards- like everyone was afk.

So do you ever wonder if trade rooms are absolutely useless?

Honestly I go to trade rooms with intent to trade, but just sit there and make conversation, but I still read what people are offering

That does grind my gears when I do say offers and they disappear too quickly from others irrelevant convos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I went to a trade room the first week of June to get dream ears. I had to repeat my offer multiple times because there were too many side conversations. Took a while for an offer to appear because I constantly had to repeat myself, but at least I was able to make a deal with someone. Kinda annoying to deal with, and the main reason I avoid trade rooms.

Using iPhone, on vacation

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Although I don't mind when people converse in trade rooms, at times, and I'm sure all of us can agree, it can become too excessive to the point where people start leaving because a few players are dominating the room with their conversations. I think, if at all possible, players should respect that trade rooms are generally meant for trading. Although it's definitely ok in my opinion to talk about non-trade related things, I feel there should be a line to what's respectful and what becomes intrusive to others people's experiences. There are lots and lots of public rooms in which people can converse freely in, but trading in non trade rooms is frowned upon. So, I would think people would respect the rooms that traders can really only trade in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zazzella

The Zazzy Princess
Yes, this annoys me too. I understand side-conversations but when I go to a "trade room," I would like to be able to actually trade some items.

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
It's annoying when you're attempting to trade things and you keep having to retype what you're looking for/trading every minute at some points...then I feel like a nuisance and I kinda die a little on the inside. gg me

It's annoying when you're attempting to trade things and you keep having to retype what you're looking for/trading every minute at some points...then I feel like a nuisance and I kinda die a little on the inside. gg me
I feel like a nuisance too! But remember, it's a trade room, not a "discuss your frappacino" room

sunflowery

I can't trade in rooms, I mean don't get me wrong I do try to use the trade rooms but it's literally, as you said, just a few friends using it as a hangout and excluding 3/4ths of the room. I like to see what ppl are trading/looking for but I have a better chance just doing that on the forums.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
As far as I know there is a limit on how much most people can stand when it comes to conversation in trade rooms. When they're is very little economic movement then it tends to get very boring very quickly. Trading volumes mid month are typically very depressed because of the lack of a currency. I currently have my 10x 1* Shark Magic so if you are a new player there is absolutely nothing I could possibly get from you that I want. I firmly believe that Disneyland Gift Cards served a purpose as it provided a way for those who truly didn't like collecting credits to trade for them and for new players to work towards something when magic is no longer in demand. Overall the retirement of gift cards helped to increase the perceived value of credits especially during the Waterside Competition and selling them again would definitely increase the overall health and trade volume of the economy.

TLDR: Trade volume is down so rooms are boring.

Yeah, I think it can be a bit annoying and this seems to happen quite a lot. For some reason some people just like to hangout in a trade room and not trade. Maybe it would be good to put in the room description "Room for trading only" or something and then if people are just hanging out in their to talk boot them? XD idk haha

Why did they even retire GC? I think it'd be great to trade credits as the game goes on that way (in different value increments 1000, 5000, 10000, etc.) instead of offering credit sprees and having to buy what the other person needs yourself. You never are 100% sure if someone's going to hold true to their trade and you're stuck with 100x pebble carpets lol, but luckily I have traded with trustworthy people. And with gift cards if someone changes their mind about what they want, they can buy something else or keep the credits for later without inconveniencing another player :)