Trade Room Usefulness?

MamaNutty

My opinion on trade rooms are that a handful of players snatched up multiple ultra rares for future trading.
Now they are stuck with them bc not many players can afford/willing to pay 50+ firewalls for 1 hat.
With the rerelease of inferno that should help the trade rooms a bit.
Or at least put more ultra rares back into the economy.

My opinion on trade rooms are that a handful of players snatched up multiple ultra rares for future trading.
Now they are stuck with them bc not many players can afford/willing to pay 50+ firewalls for 1 hat.
With the rerelease of inferno that should help the trade rooms a bit.
Or at least put more ultra rares back into the economy.
I don't fully agree only due to only some people are trading and most from the looks already traded for them. An example is me and someone else in my team traded ours for stuff that we want to keep on the game and not for trading purposes, so overall I mean this could turn out to be true, but I don't think very likely.

edit// I don't think adding super rares will help the economy but rather drop it and just make people who just traded their inferno's really mad.

edit2// Staying to the OP, like VFK, the trade room's turned out to be a social place for friends to stay at and talk, so I mean it's useless, but on occasion you will get the real traders, but I don't think you can do much to really change that. @Avarice

Huai

Magic Maker
I believe that this Forum has virtually killed off In-Game trading, back in the Original VMK there wasn't any sort of forum to make offers, list prices, or even barter. The way things are handled now have pretty much killed off trade rooms and transformed them into hangouts and chat rooms.... it's rather disappointing.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I believe that this Forum has virtually killed off In-Game trading, back in the Original VMK there wasn't any sort of forum to make offers, list prices, or even barter. The way things are handled now have pretty much killed off trade rooms and transformed them into hangouts and chat rooms.... it's rather disappointing.
Ah but there was a few Disney forum sites that had a sub category for VMK. Lot of trade were made that way :) That is how I made so many real life friends :)

I'm sure almost ALL serious traders were part of either DIS forums or VMKMagic back in the day, so this forum really can't be blamed for the chatty-cathy-ness of trade rooms.

trade rooms are like chill rooms now or where the fake noobs come in to ask for free stuff. i just sit and watch. i've given up trading my stuff.

Enso

Forum trading is the place to trade things of relatively equal value.

Trade rooms are the place to go in hope you get lucky and trade someone who underestimates the value of their item.

Forum trading is the place to trade things of relatively equal value.

Trade rooms are the place to go in hope you get lucky and trade someone who underestimates the value of their item.
But only so much success can occur in one room...

Myth

Trade rooms are meant for trading. Socializing to a small degree is fine, but that's not the purpose of the room.
(that's like going to a cute or boot and start trying to promote trading which people get very upset about because it distracts the purpose of the game room.)
I go into trade rooms and ask people politely to move their friend cliques to a private room so that they don't disturb the people who are legitimately trying to trade, and they get mad at me. Isn't that completely hypocritical of the above example?

Naturally, people create trade rooms because they know that the room will gain popularity and attention because people go to trade rooms to socialize.

If you want to socialize with your friends or cliques, make a separate room for that so the people who are trying to trade can do so without feeling intimidated by large groups of people who are just there for attention.

A lot of people have been referring the trade rooms in MyVMK to the ones in VFK and saying that our economy is heading towards the corrupt economy of VFK. If you know anything about VFK, you know that there's always a trade room at the top of the list where little to no people are actually trading and everyone else is fighting with each other or being cliquey. I don't want MyVMK to be like this.
Luckily people have been promoting game rooms more which is good, and once quest kiosks are sold there will be a major rise in quest rooms.

Sadly with a lot of members being offline a lot, people can get bored and go straight to trade rooms to socialize because that's where a lot of people are. I get that. I just wish the tables would turn and the focus of trading in trade rooms would be more common.

I know a lot of people will say, "well that's where my friends are so if I want to socialize with them then I can". Well obviously, but if your personal conversation is flooding the chat log and people's trades are being hidden because of this, then just go to your own room. It'll ease the headache of the other people.

Sophia

this is happening again right now ugh
it's so hard to trade when your chat bubble floats away in not even a second bc people want to spam chat about 2000's pop culture nostalgia.

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
I don't think the trade rooms are useless... that is a bit too far. Most trades I have made have been in trade rooms only because I'm usually never browsing the forums.

HOWEVER, the chatting in the trade room can be a bit too excessive. Sometimes I type out my offer on something and it is pushed up almost immediately, then I have to retype the whole thing out again.

I think if there were more hang-out rooms people made, the trade rooms wouldn't be so congested with non-traders.