True Colors

This is just a rough draft of my story. I've never been the greatest at editing and fixing it up. So, if anyone knows what I should improve on to make it better. I'm not really sure I like it, but I'll let you guys be the judge. If you have any ideas, then I'll gladly include them in the final draft. ^w^
----
Mom dropped me off at school that day as I let out a sigh. I slung my Rainbow Dash backpack over my shoulder when I noticed two girls approaching. One of them shoved me to the ground and began to snicker at me. The other girl grabbed my backpack as she started pulling everything out and throwing it on the ground.

I felt far too frightened to say or do anything to stop them. My mind went totally blank when having to deal with them. I think they expected me to respond in a negative way, but I just couldn't respond the way I wanted to.

"What's the matter, cat got your tongue?" the first girl asked me, only for me to look away. "I bet you're too **************** to fight back," she snickered and kept pinning me to the grass.

It's not like I didn't want you just that my body wouldn't do something. Tears began to stream down my cheeks as my head throbbed. My heart raced with intense fear of the situation I was in. I watched in horror while the second girl tore up my hard work.

"You're better off being in one of those ************ schools like the others," the first girl snickered after letting me go free.

I sat there rocking myself back and forth, frustrated over what happened. I picked up the shreds of my homework and tossed the pieces into the trash. There was no hope in fixing them, seeing they were scrambled in many pieces. I didn't have the proper brain function to cope with taping them together.

"Did I miss something?" Melody's eyes widened as she saw the pieces of paper.

I stayed quiet while focusing on the task in front of me. I felt compelled in telling her what really happened, but I didn't know how to explain it. That was something I had never been very good at.

"These girls they... I mean I... no, the girls..." I stammered and tried to gather my jumbled up words.

"Yeah?" Melody asked, intrigued to know much more than that.

It didn't matter how many times I tried to explain. The words came out all wrong every time. I looked away and let out another sigh. I mean, it wasn't like I didn't want to tell her what happened or anything. Melody was my best friend since middle school, and she had every right to know.

"Tell me," she frowned while helping me trash the small pieces.

"These two girls... they ganged up on me... tore up my homework into small pieces," I finally said to her, despite the struggle it took.

"Really? That's so horrible!" Melody frowned at me. "You should tell someone about this," she told me, but I shook my head and exhaled softly.

I didn't like telling anyone other than her because no one else believed me. The teachers thought it had to do with my odd behaviors. They acted like I did them on purpose or something, but I couldn't help what I did.

We managed to get all the shreds of paper into the trash can. I picked up the rest of my books and shoved them into my bag. I had to get to class before the rush hour crowds entered the hallways.

The last thing I needed was to have one of my outbursts from being touched. It sucked having a different mindset than everyone else. Not a single person, well except for Melody, understood what I was going through. My junior year proved to be difficult to manage, even with the resources classes.

Resources classes were modified for students with learning disabilities. They were smaller than regular education classes too. I didn't really understand how I fit into this category. I didn't have any kind of learning difficulties other than math. Then again, I did struggle with reading comprehension though, among other things.

I had trouble paying attention and focusing in class. Every little thing around me was a complete and utter distraction. I tried telling my mentor teacher about it, but he didn't think it was a big deal. I felt sure that neither one of my teachers realized how much I struggled.

I entered my English class and took my seat. I couldn't wait to start writing down my thoughts in my composition book. I loved this subject the most because I was really good at written expression too.

"Good morning, Chariot," Miss Abby said with a smile. "You can get a head start on today's topic if you want," she told me while nodding.

I returned her smile as I pulled out my composition notebook. I flipped to an empty page and began thinking about the topic. Today, we had to write about our greatest memory. I couldn't really think of anything to put down until I thought of one thing.

My greatest memory of all was when we went to Sea World San Diego. I got to see Shamu perform for the first time, and I also got to see the dolphins too. We even dined with Shamu, which was really cool for me. At the time, I didn't know much about my disability. I became overstimulated by the crowds and had a huge meltdown.

The Shamu mascot came over with the employee next to him, asking of I was okay. I continued crying and continued get the words out. Mom told her about my special needs, so Shamu started to dance around trying to distract me. I started to laugh and smile as I forgot what had upset me. That was my most favorite memory I have ever had.

I pent down my pencil and noticed other students had entered the class. I guess I had been on such a roll, that I didn't realize the first bell rang. I began to rock slowly back and forth from the amount of overstimulation I went through.

"You're such a freak," a boy taunted me as he took the seat behind me. "You don't even belong on resource classes, you ************," he continued to tease me.

All I could do was ignore him now. Class was about to begin, and I got more excited. I had no time to worry about bullies rat the moment. I just wanted to get through the school day without causing a huge scene.