Upcoming changes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elictras

I make science jokes, but only periodically.
I am having an issue submitting my application for HOST and ADMIN positions - I keep getting an error message that they can not be sent.

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
I have a suggestion for the POTC lobby, because there are two factions of players now (Normal playing the game like it was designed to be played ) and (Friendly players). Maybe re-name 2 of the instances for exp. Normal Play would be automatic instance you go into when clicking on potc from map and Friendly Play would be an separate instance those players can use. This way the cheaters... cough cough I mean friendlies won't bog down the lobby for the rest of us. Thank You to all who put in so much hard work to make myvmk great!
This actually sounds like a good idea! I personally don't care if players want to play friendly but it would be easier to have an instance for each one. This way I won't have to ask all the time if it's friendly/regular or accidentally end up in a friendly game. I prefer regular pirates than friendly but that's just me. I do have close friends that prefer friendly but that's up to them. I believe that as long as they don't tell me how to play.. I won't tell them how to play. Anyway, Thank you for the good idea! Appreciate it :)

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
Thank you for all of the info Nala! Im very excited to see both how these changes shape the game and the community! Idk if anyone mentioned it, I didn’t read all of the replies, but is there a future possibility of implementing a mentor/helper program for all of these newcomers like the OG game started in the end? I thought it was an excellent idea to have someone specifically helping each new person learn their way around the game and it was a cool way for players to be more involved without actually being staff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magicalsunnypotato

MagicalSunnyPotato is dead. It's Muffins now.
Thanks for all the info! I had no idea any of this was happening, and I just tried to log on and freaked out. LOL

I've been trying to save up gold keys lately so that I could potentially win a Rapunzel crown... will the prizes be immediately changed for the new theme when the MyVMK comes back?? Do I still have a chance?? lol

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
Thanks for all the info! I had no idea any of this was happening, and I just tried to log on and freaked out. LOL

I've been trying to save up gold keys lately so that I could potentially win a Rapunzel crown... will the prizes be immediately changed for the new theme when the MyVMK comes back?? Do I still have a chance?? lol
Keys will be extend as will the prizes for 1 day once we return!

Honestly a little disappointed we can't use clones for quests. I mean, yeah it is gaining more items/benefit towards one self but what if I really like some certain items to keep... (ariel bow from date night series, autumn ariel pin, animator- ariel pin). It's hard to find someone trading them sometimes (still looking for some animator pins) and as someone else mentioned, goodbye helping friends and others who missed quests.

I feared you all would come to this decision about clones. While I wholeheartedly disagree with your decision, I guess I'll have to live with it.
Two things, though, my sister and I both play myvmk. Due to real life being an issue she isn't always able to participate in quests. If I do a quest on my account and then switch over to hers to do the quest for her, does that constitute as breaking the rule even if the prize remains on her account?
Second, obviously those 60k people aren't all going to come play vmk, but let's say 10% do, that's 6k more users that are going to want stitch, princess hats, infernos, etc etc, how do you plan on addressing the limited supply of items with the surge of players? Any user that has these items will be able to ask for literally whatever they want because demand is going to drastically increase with the supply remaining the same. You're basically going to destroy the already flimsy economy if you don't have a plan in place.

I don't see a correlation with removing clones and making the game more appealing to old or new players. I know many players will complete an extra quest for a friend who isn't available that day by using their clone. Players are able to win an extra host item or two so they can trade them to us west coasters who can rarely make it in to host rooms due to the time difference (I used to be in every host room when I lived back east, now I can only attend weekends when I'm off....and then they usually get canceled anyway). If you want to talk about an "unfair advantage", this is the biggest in my mind and it only has to do with the coast on which I reside. Many players in the game use their extra items from clones to help welcome new players by giving them free starter packages (250 credits to start doesn't really give a new player much incentive to stick around). In the end, it's only pixels and most of us have lives of some type outside of vmk. Why make it harder to accumulate virtual stuff? I don't think anyone has a lesser game experience because someone has a clone riding in Fantasyland.

Fruits

I don't see a correlation with removing clones and making the game more appealing to old or new players. I know many players will complete an extra quest for a friend who isn't available that day by using their clone. Players are able to win an extra host item or two so they can trade them to us west coasters who can rarely make it in to host rooms due to the time difference (I used to be in every host room when I lived back east, now I can only attend weekends when I'm off....and then they usually get canceled anyway). If you want to talk about an "unfair advantage", this is the biggest in my mind and it only has to do with the coast on which I reside. Many players in the game use their extra items from clones to help welcome new players by giving them free starter packages (250 credits to start doesn't really give a new player much incentive to stick around). In the end, it's only pixels and most of us have lives of some type outside of vmk. Why make it harder to accumulate virtual stuff? I don't think anyone has a lesser game experience because someone has a clone riding in Fantasyland.
I wouldn't mind late events like 12-3am EST :) Alot of people are usually on during that time anyways!

60,000 sounds like a lot! All those people...time to populate my academy! XD Applied to be a part of the team so i hope that'll go well. I look forward to Star Wars Day.

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
Assuming you want to generate as much traffic as possible~ I wonder if you’d get any traffic from the fan made Disney fan groups on Facebook? Or maybe asking the people fan made Disney tumblr blogs & twitters to post about it? (Are we allowed to do that lmao)

If you send me the contents of the email you’re sending out, I can try to help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.