Upcoming changes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
....my sister and I both play myvmk. Due to real life being an issue she isn't always able to participate in quests. If I do a quest on my account and then switch over to hers to do the quest for her, does that constitute as breaking the rule even if the prize remains on her account?
@HOST_Nala
This is still a legitimate question. An answer would be nice.

Vanilla_Ninja

When you go to login to the game,and once you finally get in, you are not able to click on any room...[DOUBLEPOST=1525410131][/DOUBLEPOST]I love how you guys brought the option to choose from Retro gameplay into the Potc mini game. I wasn't around when the Old Vmk intially opened up to experience any of those levels. Thank you MyVmk staff for reopening the game, you all did a wonderful job!

Last edited:
Welcome back! Bummed that the items from Small World Imports weren't available for sale as we had no way of knowing the game would be closed. Thanks for all you do!

disruler

So let me see if I have this right: Other family accounts or clones can still particapte in quests and mini games as long as we dont turn right around and trade those items/credits to ourselves or another known account tied to our IP address? And as long as those 2 characters arent logged on at the same time?

magicalsunnypotato

MagicalSunnyPotato is dead. It's Muffins now.
I got back on today, and had none of the pirate keys I had been saving up. I don't know what happened, but I'm heartbroken as I had been saving to try to get a Rapunzel crown.. I had like 5 gold keys :( Has anyone else been experiencing this?

magicalsunnypotato

MagicalSunnyPotato is dead. It's Muffins now.
I’m pretty sure pirate keys expire after a week
I literally didn't know about this until about 5 minutes ago, but I absolutely had a ton of keys right before the site went down and now they're gone :(

Honestly a little disappointed we can't use clones for quests. I mean, yeah it is gaining more items/benefit towards one self but what if I really like some certain items to keep... (ariel bow from date night series, autumn ariel pin, animator- ariel pin). It's hard to find someone trading them sometimes (still looking for some animator pins) and as someone else mentioned, goodbye helping friends and others who missed quests.
Agreed kinda sucks since i was using my clone for quest for my friend who cant get onto the game due to issues with her comp

Clones and friendly pirates are not destroying the economy in vmk. The banning of clones, however, will likely have a negative effect on the economy. Many ultra-rich players were able to spread their wealth over multiple accounts. Many would maintain several characters with rare clothing collections (frequently a male and a female account) each with their own unique personalities. Much of this wealth is now going to be concentrated back to single accounts as they will no longer be as interested in maintaining their clone’s lifestyle if they rarely use the alt I the game.

I believe the staff is starting to make fantastic moves towards both stimulating the vmk economy AND make older items easier to find through this month’s theme. There were several older items offered in shops both this week and last week (captain’s quarter couch, green princess hat) which are being sold at roughly half of their previous in game trade value. This is fantastic as the older items in our inventories retain some value, but newer players are able to get some desirable items. I would be in complete support of taking this even further, perhaps release the stitch hat or inferno at one million credits so it retains its status, but becomes relatively more affordable to those who really want one. Limit purchases on items like this to say two or three so the Scrooge McDuck level wealthy players can’t buy 20 and try to control the future market (and no clones can purchase).

We have to remember myvmk has now been around much longer than the original. Only a relative few players have been here from the start, and new players obviously desire certain older items. The community will always be in a state of flux with players coming, going and some even returning. I imagine one of our biggest problems is having new players stick around after they have been in the game a week or so when they realize their most desired item is two million credits or that they will never find that original piece of furniture they want for a room. It breaks my heart when I read trading posts in forums with nothing but “bumps” as responses.

Everyone plays vmk for different reasons. Some enjoy the interaction, many are Disney addicts, a lot are just reminiscing from their past, several love to trade. There are many players who enjoy talking with friends during friendly pirates (it’s why we call it “friendly”), which allows simultaneous interaction and credit earning. Let’s all remember that Amy and the staff have recreated something that we all thought we would never see again and for whatever reason, all means something (different) to each of us. While many who know me are well aware of my love for music, I don’t keep “thnks fr th mmrs” on my signature just because of the song, it’s a daily reminder that I have been transported back to something I love. Play vmk your way and enjoy the ride, but remember, you don’t get bonus points for accumulating more pixels.

Clones and friendly pirates are not destroying the economy in vmk. The banning of clones, however, will likely have a negative effect on the economy. Many ultra-rich players were able to spread their wealth over multiple accounts. Many would maintain several characters with rare clothing collections (frequently a male and a female account) each with their own unique personalities. Much of this wealth is now going to be concentrated back to single accounts as they will no longer be as interested in maintaining their clone’s lifestyle if they rarely use the alt I the game.

I believe the staff is starting to make fantastic moves towards both stimulating the vmk economy AND make older items easier to find through this month’s theme. There were several older items offered in shops both this week and last week (captain’s quarter couch, green princess hat) which are being sold at roughly half of their previous in game trade value. This is fantastic as the older items in our inventories retain some value, but newer players are able to get some desirable items. I would be in complete support of taking this even further, perhaps release the stitch hat or inferno at one million credits so it retains its status, but becomes relatively more affordable to those who really want one. Limit purchases on items like this to say two or three so the Scrooge McDuck level wealthy players can’t buy 20 and try to control the future market (and no clones can purchase).

We have to remember myvmk has now been around much longer than the original. Only a relative few players have been here from the start, and new players obviously desire certain older items. The community will always be in a state of flux with players coming, going and some even returning. I imagine one of our biggest problems is having new players stick around after they have been in the game a week or so when they realize their most desired item is two million credits or that they will never find that original piece of furniture they want for a room. It breaks my heart when I read trading posts in forums with nothing but “bumps” as responses.

Everyone plays vmk for different reasons. Some enjoy the interaction, many are Disney addicts, a lot are just reminiscing from their past, several love to trade. There are many players who enjoy talking with friends during friendly pirates (it’s why we call it “friendly”), which allows simultaneous interaction and credit earning. Let’s all remember that Amy and the staff have recreated something that we all thought we would never see again and for whatever reason, all means something (different) to each of us. While many who know me are well aware of my love for music, I don’t keep “thnks fr th mmrs” on my signature just because of the song, it’s a daily reminder that I have been transported back to something I love. Play vmk your way and enjoy the ride, but remember, you don’t get bonus points for accumulating more pixels.
very well said.

Shrek

The Next Hokage
I think that the all time high scores lists for each game should be cleared and restarted. Most scores are so high, they could only be from hacking or using clones to achieve a higher score. Now that there are more serious repercussions for abusing clones, everyone should have a fair chance to make the all-time high score list.

Here is why allowing friendly pirates or manipulative cloning is terrible for this game

sorry, but no, there is absolutely no argument for how maintaining a clone's "lifestyle" (playing a virtual game under different names?) keeps the economy alive. If a person has their items distributed across multiple accounts, this accomplishes nothing for anyone else in the game other than making it appear that there are more real life players than there really are. This might help keep people around to a small degree but as far as the number of items in circulation or the demand for items it does nothing.

It is true that mostly all the items released in the beginning of the game aren't really around much anymore because most of the people that have them have left. That's why the "value" of old ultra rares, or even regularly distributed items, is so high the seller can basically name their price because there's usually only one person at any given time trading it.

The solution (aside from re-releasing every item and starting the game from scratch and making the last 4 years of buying/trading pointless to all of us) is to bring those players back and restore the supply and demand for every item to what it's supposed to be. That's what balancing the trade economy literally is.. creating an even supply and demand. Everybody wins in that world and that's what it was like when the game had so many players all the time. How did this problem arise? Aside from other staff issues that I won't go into, allowing "friendly" (lol) pirates was one of the main reasons.

When many many people are playing pirates the serious way (which they used to) overall lots of rewards are given out and it's all based on how you play the game. Which is perfectly fair. When players come along and farm for keys and credits, dominating not only the lobby but also the trading market, it leaves the people playing for real with no choice but to do the same thing or fall behind....or quit. Which they did. And for people who never play pirates at all, they still face a trade economy overrun by a few players which makes them want to quit too. And if the friendliers use clones? well that just adds a whole nother layer of unfairness. So not only does cloning/friendly pirates mess up the trading market bigtime but it also drives players to quit which then multiplies the issue even further.
And "friendly" pirates is not the only way to talk with friends and make credits at the same time, I can think of several others.

Also, if for some reason a person is so desperate to keep multiple personalities alive in-game or needs another account to keep their newly-redesigned inventory organized
You can:
- Use a clone for storage
- Use a clone for talking to people, whilst doing something else (e.g. have one account earning credits or riding rides, with another account talking to friends in a room)
- Use a clone for anything that does not create extra items (e.g. a character implimented in your guest room to enhance the experience)
it doesn't seem like that should be an issue.

I just hate seeing so many people not understand the real problem here so had to explain it. In the end, it's best to look at how the game was originally run. And the cloning/friendly pirates debate never even began there. Hopefully staff will keep thinking in this way moving forward

McQuack

Let me start off by saying I don't like friendly games as much as the next person, but there really is no way to ban it. Something like that is pretty much impossible to enforce. I think the best way to go about "fixing" the friendly games problems is to just make the payout of Capture the Flag significantly less. The credit ratio has no reason being the same as Ship Battle when CTF games are much shorter, not to mention everyone automatically gets 50/150 credits a round just by touching the flag. I joined a friendly game a few days ago and earned 400 credits by doing nothing. That game took a minute to finish. It's no wonder why most people have zero interest in any other part of the game when the reward is much, much greater in CTF with zero effort required. A complete game of JC, Fireworks, or Haunted Mansion takes 10+ minutes to complete and requires your complete attention and effort, but you get less of a reward for it. The ratio in place has never made any sense. I think the best solution would be to make the credits earned in CTF 50% - 75% less and get rid of the free 50 points for touching the flag. That way if someone wants to play friendly they still can, they just won't earn as much as a "normal" competitive game. I don't exactly remember how the score was calculated in VMK (I think it took the total score of your team and divided it by the # of players on your team) but that could work too I guess.

Maybe in the future it would be nice to have a system in place where once a month the average of the credits earned in every mini-game is checked, along with the average playtime, and adjust it so all mini-games payout equally. But at the moment CTF seems to be the biggest discrepancy.

I think that the all time high scores lists for each game should be cleared and restarted. Most scores are so high, they could only be from hacking or using clones to achieve a higher score. Now that there are more serious repercussions for abusing clones, everyone should have a fair chance to make the all-time high score list.
I'm not sure what you're addressing but most of the mini-games (Jungle Cruise and Fireworks especially) rely a bit heavily on RNG to get a high score. It's not hacking, most of the people on the high score list are just really really good and knew when they got a "good" RNG game. (I'm not one of those people :p)

Can we take the friendly pirate debate somewhere else though. The same things has been said so many times and on multiple threads.
We get it, they're ruining the economy; alright, staff can alter it so people can stop complaining; yeah, I see the economy going down.
:2cents: I'll say this again as I did before on another thread: no one has to quit just because they can't play regular pirates. That's on them only, not friendly.

Anyway, can we please address with the "issue" of disappearing keys? @HOST_Nala you said they can be extended another day when myvmk came back but people were missing keys the day we came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.