using clones to catch bb8s

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I'm glad you like the community interaction but maybe some other people don't. Maybe some people live in different timezones where they can only play at 1-7am EST when no one else is on and cant physically get 5 people in a room?
Like airham already mentioned, if they wanted to design the event to be a solo event like pods, they would have done so. Supposedly they already lowered the number of required people from 5 to 3, and I usually stay up pretty late (~3-5am EST) and see people in the discord organizing BB8 groups even that late.

does it really make you "fortunate" to have multiple accounts? Lol, anyone has the freedom to make accounts.
Unless i'm mistaken, you can only successfully log on to 2 accounts on the same computer, any additional ones you will end up just getting an endless dc loop. So "fortunate" to have 3 computers (or 2 and a mobile phone with the new client) that can run 2 instances of the game simultaneously, and a good enough internet connection to run 5 logged in accounts at once, yes.

If they wish to have the clone rule be universal for all events, the wording needs to reflect that. You can't just ASSUME people will know what you actually mean. What if the law was like that? Well, the law says you can't drive through a redlight but i'm going to arrest you for going through a yellow light because I actually wanted to make both of those things illegal!
I don't know why you're still trying to argue that it's not technically against the rules when a staff member has already clarified that point in this very thread.

@HOST_Nala It would probably be best to update the rules to clarify that using clones extend to events like these, since people will take any ambiguous wording to achieve whatever advantage they can.

Botting (which is hacking) and using your other accounts to make a BB8 appear that you still physically have to catch yourself are two very different things. Your analogy falls flat here, not even close to being the same thing.
Uh, no. Hacking refers to gaining unauthorized access to a system. If i was somehow looking at the code of the game to determine where a BB8 was going to be, and had my character move to that spot beforehand, than yes, that would be hacking. If I somehow manipulated the code of the game to have BB8 move to where I wanted, that would be hacking. Macros are not hacking. It does not access, view, or alter the code of the system. It simply looks at my computer screen and moves my mouse for me. Of course, I am not legitimately arguing whether using macros to gain an advantage would be against the rules, even though the rules don't specifically mention it. What they do mention though is to "Use common sense" when talking about gaining advantage in this game, in rule #5. Common sense really should prevail to other rules too, such as cloning.

With all honesty, I don't comprehend why we have to make such a big deal of the use of clones. This is not my first rodeo around the block with mini games, and to be completely sincere this is the ONLY virtual game I have played that makes such an immense deal of the use of clones. Games as big as VFK, Yoville, SmallWorlds that have been in existence for over 10 years and continue to thrive even with the use of clones. Players in those games mind their own business, they enjoy the game, and the games are standing more solid than ever. As long as we don't step on each others feet and we play fairly and not steal or troll from room to room (which in my personal opinion is worse than using your own clones), I don't see what is the big issue. In this game everything is unfortunately turned into a big issue. pretty sad if you ask me. The entire community used clones to obtain pods and still did not guaranteed any rares. Why all of a sudden are we changing how things are done, was not an issue in the past.

TY so much for this post.