VMK Pins: Actual Disney Park Pins?

AnimeLover

Never Mistake Silence For Weakness
I'm a huge collector of both VMK Pins and actual Disney Pins that you can purchase at the Disney Parks/Sites. However, I have noticed that a lot of pins released on VMK are actual copies of pins you can buy at the actual parks. For example the Valentine's days pins, such as:
Leia & Han " I love you "
The Yoda " mine you wil be "
The Stitch President Pin
and finally even the Disney Princesses carousel pins

These are just a few examples of actual Disney pins that are on VMK. I'm just curious as to why we see pins like this in the game?

AnimeLover

Probably the same reason why the public rooms in VMK itself include elements from Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. ;)

Cap
Could very well be :D

There’s a lot of pins in game the based off of real life pins.....
Well these aren't exactly " based " They're exact copies of the pins. Base & Copy are two different things.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnimeLover

Would you be able to take a real life picture and create it so it could be in the game? I’m just curious.
You can easily take a picture and draw over it. And then make the background transparent. That's all there really is to it.

VMK_Schweetz

Game Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Designer
MyVMK Staff
Hello! Just thought I would respond to this to give a little insight on this. Something that we want to is to keep MyVMK in the spirit of the original game while still bringing new ideas of our own into it. There are very many pins from the original game that are based off of in real life pins and that is something that we love bringing to MyVMK. Whether it be through furniture items, clothes, pins, or even trying to recreate rooms that can be found in the Disney Parks and Disney Movies, the list goes on with things that we base our current items off of.
Being a designer myself, I can tell you first hand that it takes many hours for our designers to be able to make these items come to life for everyone to enjoy as well, and sometimes even a pin can take hours upon days to create. We want to be able to put out the things that we believe a lot of people would like to see in MyVMK to make the game just that much more magical for you guys. :halcyon:

Probably the same reason why the public rooms in VMK itself include elements from Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. ;)

Cap
That isn't the issue here. The issue that Anime is pointing out is that there's a huge lack of original content when it comes to pins, and that it would be great to have something more original than replications of things in the physical parks. There's also a lot of talented artists in the community who would be willing to submit ideas for original pins, but from what I've heard, they're all turned down for whatever reason. (This is just what I've heard, of course; I'm still pretty new to MyVMK.)

Like, I think it would be good to have a balance. Doing in-park pins is good, but I think that shouldn't compose of the entirety or even the majority the pins released. And there's a lot of things that could be (and should be!!) used from the creative minds in the community! More custom content of Disney characters (pins or otherwise) made by people who love the game would be something really cool to make it an immersive experience imo!

Would you be able to take a real life picture and create it so it could be in the game? I’m just curious.
Yes, it's more than possible. It's not that hard to trace a pin and put it in a digitally compatible format.

It's not "based on" a real life pin if it's just traced/replicated so incredibly close to the original... that's not how it works in the art world. Like, imagine you plagiarize an entire book, let's say Harry Potter, with a few very minor changes. If you said "based on Harry Potter", would it mean that you weren't copying the book?

I'm not saying it's bad to recreate pins in MyVMK (in fact, I think it's pretty neat!!), but saying that they are "based on" the real life pins rather than recreated/copied, that's unfair to the original artists who created the real-life pins.

Hello! Just thought I would respond to this to give a little insight on this. Something that we want to is to keep MyVMK in the spirit of the original game while still bringing new ideas of our own into it.
We want to be able to put out the things that we believe a lot of people would like to see in MyVMK to make the game just that much more magical for you guys. :halcyon:
Just a bit of clarification, I don't think that OP meant it as a personal attack against staff or anything, Schweetz :) It was just something to say that although recreation pins are neat, it would be cool to have original content as well!

We all appreciate the work that yall do, and we know it isn't easy... <3 You guys absolutely do a lot of hard work to make this game come to life, and it's incredible what yall do! And posts like these aren't meant to disrespect or disregard the hard work yall do, it's just meant to add opinions on how perhaps things could be improved to shake things up and showcase the creativity of people here and all that!

Captn

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
That isn't the issue here. The issue that Anime is pointing out is that there's a huge lack of original content when it comes to pins, and that it would be great to have something more original than replications of things in the physical parks.
My point is that VMK in itself is a replication of the physical parks; so, by definition, replications of pins from said physical parks are to be expected, no? Just like the Mickey ears or the Sorcerer Hat. While original pins are nice (and there are quite a few in MyVMK), it's nice to be able to show off your favorite real-life pins in-game as well.

Just my two cents on the subject!

Cap

AnimeLover

Just a bit of clarification, I don't think that OP meant it as a personal attack against staff or anything, Schweetz :) It was just something to say that although recreation pins are neat, it would be cool to have original content as well!

We all appreciate the work that yall do, and we know it isn't easy... <3 You guys absolutely do a lot of hard work to make this game come to life, and it's incredible what yall do! And posts like these aren't meant to disrespect or disregard the hard work yall do, it's just meant to add opinions on how perhaps things could be improved to shake things up and showcase the creativity of people here and all that!
Exactly! It wasn't meant to attack anyone or anybody, we all understand the work it takes to code everything. Opinons and questions was all this was. Nothing was meant to be harassment or shown as attacking. And yes, I decided to use Ortensia because she didnt have a VMK pin, nor did I see one of her as an actual disney pin. The pose was iconic and I redrew it and added affects.

But a lot of pins on vmk were ones I actually seen in real life and I was wondering if it was done to capture the original spirit of the park. Or to show love to the original pins. We all know not all pins are actual ones you can buy, but for the ones that were we have all been curious as to why they were added in the game. Again, this post wasn't intended to bad talk anyone or anything. Just stating our opinions and questions.

Last edited: