Welcoming New Users Events

Hey guys!

I was just wanting to post here and see if anyone would like to help do a user event that would help welcome new users to the server!

I was hoping maybe weekly I could open a room titled "Welcome New Users!" and have some pre-existing users come in and help out new users / make friends with them!

I know how hard it is to make new friends sometimes online due to social anxiety and I would love to have the new users feel welcomed and know that, as a community, we are all friends!

I will post more details later on - but I would really love your all's feedback on this! Even if we helped one new user a week with this it would be worth it to me <3

Fotogirl

I will help out whenever or however I can. I think this is a great idea. There are probably new users that don't return due to difficulties in fitting in somewhere when they first join. Making a few new friends, they would probably be more inclined to return and to get more involved.

I will help out whenever or however I can. I think this is a great idea. There are probably new users that don't return due to difficulties in fitting in somewhere when they first join. Making a few new friends, they would probably be more inclined to return and to get more involved.
Thank you so much Foto! I agree completely! I remember when I first joined I didn't really fit in with anyone and quit for a few months. Luckily when I returned I found out how amazing the community was! I would love to help the new users see how wonderful the community is <3

Thank you all so much for your help - I will be setting up a room & will message here again asking when the best day/time would be for us all to be there :) <3

frenzy

I would also love to do this! I am still fairly new- started playing in September so I completely understand how awkward it can be at first seeing everybody with groups of friends and trying to make friends yourself. :)

Hey everyone! Everything is all set now - I'm going to make a new forum and do a poll on when we should have the Welcome party! I want to make sure everyone gets a say in the time of the party :)

Thank you all so much for helping me with this - It's going to be a lot of fun getting together and hanging out and meeting new people <3