What are you reading?

star girl

Was looking in here for book suggestions and I didn't see a pretty good novel that I read the other year:

We Were Liars by E. Lockheart

One Little Spark by Martin Skylar. It's about working as an Imagineer, and seeing as I just began my DCP, it's very inspiring. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm rereading Limony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events because my grandma found then in her attic from when I was a kid (because they were my favorite) so now I'm rereading them in honor of the new show :hearts:

Romantic

i just feel you
I just finished reading (a translation of) Candide by Voltaire for my World Literature class... it was actually kind of good.
& for my Creative Writing class we are studying Steering the Craft by Ursula K. LeGuin, Thunder & Lightning by Natalie Goldberg, The Great Spring by Natalie Goldberg (my prof is a huge Natalie fan), and On Writing by Stephen King. Last semester we also studied from The True Secret of Writing by Natalie Goldberg, and I got myself a copy of Writing Down the Bones by her as well. Anyone who is a writer should read a few of her books and the others I mentioned ^-^
I've also recently been perusing Tender Buttons by Gertrude Stein and The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg

I was at the library yesterday looking for some study books for an upcoming test I'm taking and as I was looking for the correct section of test books, something caught my eye. It was a Disney book! I wasn't looking for a book to read, but I'll gladly read anything related to Disney. I was shocked at what I found. The book is called "Disney The Mouse Betrayed: Greed, Corruption, and Children at Risk". When I first picked it up I immediately thought it was some propaganda hate book against the Disney company. It's not, and instead an in-depth look at the malpractices of the Disney company. Now the book is a bit older (1997) but I've always been fascinated by how the Disney company can be so perfect. (Really I still believe they are) Like, have you ever noticed that nothing bad happens at Disney? I'm only 4 chapters in so far but have come to realize that not all that is gold glitters. With anything these days, there are going to be problems and issues, I just never suspected such bad practices at Disney, and I do believe that these are RARE cases but still ones that not many of the general public knows about. I find it crazy (but then again I don't) that Disney would sweep most of this stuff under the rug or out of the public eye. Can the Mouse really be the eye of perfection?

I still stand by and love Disney for all that they do. Reading this book will not change my thoughts or ideas but it does open my eyes to what really happens backstage at Disney. For anyone who is really interested in Disney history or how the company runs I'd highly suggest you give this book a try.