What do YOU want to happen with the game?

I am just so happy to relive the magic of being able to play vmk. I would love to see official quests pop up now and again. I really looked forward to those in the orig. game. The people in game really picked up recently when Geggy created his quests, that was so fun! That being said, I think you all are doing a great job. If I really want something, I can save up for it and that is awesome. I have only been on a few months and have been able to collect a ton I was looking for, with the help of time dedicated, new friendships, and really generous people.

I think its tough to achieve but people want "magical moments"..the kind that Disney creates. The unexpected prize or moment... the new creations and additions. Getting people excited and involved is a big part of it. I am blown away by what all you create and add to the game. I would totally understand if you all scaled back on the new items and only released 1-3 new items a month. Maybe do that and focus on something big? Like a new room or game? After all, the orig vmk grew and then stopped. I think it's up to you to keep it going and put your own mark on it, inspired by Disney of course!

Thank you for all that you do: moderators/hosts/designers. I really appreciate it.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I agree with vmkfan however, I doubt many of the old staff will come back. I was so excited to be back however the game is dying and each month it dies some more. The first days back were wonderful lots of excitement and hope. After delays in items and lack of communication I see the flow of players leaving continuing. The lack of host events still not posted says more than anything else.

My question is what is going on!!!!!!!!!!! I do not even know who the admin is for the game. However, with 2 staff leaving so shortly after being rehired it does raise questions why. The admin is responsible for communicating with the players. I have yet to see any from whoever that will be. Yes, I hear gossip and do not know what to believe. Is the person doing the admin just doing it temporarily until it is decided who that should be. I can still love a player but not like how they run an event or lead. Though right now I have no issues with hosts just some need building help.

You need an admin that is confident in their abilities that can encourage everyone with positives. That truly knows how to lead and bring out the best in all of the staff is a good listener and can see both sides and work with building bridges when problems arise not burn then down. I am not sure this is happening. It might, but I am not seeing evidence of this that is translating to the players. So, if I think it is who I have been told, I think unfortunately you may need to make a change, just do not think it is the right fit at the moment. Does not mean that someday they can not do this, just if it is not working they may need to move to another position. The admin to me has the most important role in the game next to you.

Communication is the key. This has been the biggest flaw. For 2 months now this game has had not much communication on what is going on. Why items are late. Like we just hire new graphics people they needed time to make items. There was a glitch in the game and some items are not working right. People have gone off to college and are balancing their schedules so host events are delayed for a bit etc. People need reasons not just a quick sorry for the delay. Because this happens so often now it is becoming the norm. A norm that is not good for the game.

Your biggest hurdle is building trust again. To bring players back. I am not even sure if this game can ever get fixed. So much has happened over the last year and a half. It is very sad walking around the kingdom and seeing hardly any people on. Now this could also be because many have started college again. However so many came back the first week of July and have not been back since.

So here are my tips:

On staff application do not ask for age. If you are concerned with someone being to young have have a few boxes. Under 18, 19-25 and over 25. I think some of the older players may not like having to put their age down. You might get more applying. Since age is not really a factor if you know what type of player they are and they have shown good leadership in the kingdom.

Also, if you have people that would make good hosts but are terrible builders maybe have a group of volunteers that can work with them on creating great rooms. One of the things we all looked forward to was great built rooms for host events. Seeing items that might come out in the future was exciting. Use the talent you have in the game. Creating a building group to pull from. They would not have staff privileges but would help create great rooms while the hosts could create better games.

Stop worrying about new items when there are still lots of original game items that have yet to be released example Tower of Terror items.

To be honest we had a brief chance to make this game what is was 2 years ago. I think we have lost the opportunity now. The fact that this thread is not pages and pages long by now says volumes. Why because when all the drama started 1.5 years ago people pleaded with you Amy. Poured their hearts out to you. Over 80% of the population was against your decision. You chose a "friend" over the community. I hope you are not making that same mistake again with all your staff choices. (Though I have no issues with anyone right now, the staff you do have might) I am not privy to what is happening on the inside. You have a great talent in coding. A wonderful skill. You now need great graphics people and and extremely wise and strong admin who can work to bring players back to the game. Until you have a well balanced staff group that can not happen. So if people have not applied and are great leaders in the game. Encourage them to try. Maybe give them small responsibilities to see if they would like to to become staff. For there might be some great people out there that take the role very seriously but lack confidence on how to run the admin board for their roles.

I would also suggest an in game message so people who do not come to these forums know they can message you or post on this board.

For me I have enjoyed walking back into the kingdom. I have seen a much happier place with less bullying of people though it does still exist it is so much better. I have offered any help I can give. So you asked and here is my thoughts.

Also why did Tink leave again. I am amazed she even agreed to give this game a second chance with her designs. Was whatever the problem was, worth pushing her out the door again? You may have created this game which many many people myself included are so thankful for. However, you are still learning how to run a game. It is almost impossible to do everything. So step back find an admin all the staff are comfortable with. Build the bridges back up again. Focus hard on your coding. Hope people come back in a month or 2.

Thank you for posting this question. I am still willing to help you in any way and not being on staff I might be an unbias listener. I am sure there are many players who could be too. That do not need to be staff to be an encouragement to you.

I think a reset for the game is necessary. The economy is literally so bad that there is no way to get it back to normal. And old players will not be returning to put old items back into circulation. Also not having to go through a beta stage you can release items properly and everything will go smoothly.

Gummy

I'd love to see different types of contests! Maybe an art contest (create a costume, item, just general theme) or things like that!
I also miss the social aspect of a chat box!
I'd be fun to do hide and seek and things in game too. I also really enjoyed the live stream events with secret codes and stuff for watching!

MissMorri

As a new player, I appreciate the work the staff has done regarding new items. Seeing things from movies like Frozen, Wreck It Ralph, Finding Dory, or any of the other movies that have come out since old VMK's close has been wonderful. Seeing you guys stretch creatively like that gets people excited for the new things to come, and really enhances the magic in this kingdom.

That being said, I think that a lot of people are getting exasperated with the lack of notice on things, and the delayed releases are getting old. There's very few planned events on the calendar this month. The last minute events are nice, but they only really benefit those who are currently on. As someone who is playing less now due to college, it's disappointing to come back after a day of not playing and missing a rare event like the 60th Anniversary celebration. I agree with littlebelle that more reason should be given to these things, as opposed to writing them off as an 'unforeseen circumstance.' To maintain a happy community, there should be open communication between everyone. Many people are citing the busy time of year, but honestly most times of the year are busy. There's always holidays, work, school, and summer outdoor activities, and all that. I'm not trying to point blame, but I feel like that's sort of a consistently easy way out.

My suggestion is to cut back on new items. As littlebelle said, there are still items from the original game that haven't been released yet. Maybe make a month for those items, and begin working one month in advance. Another thought that a friend and I discussed - have new items released every other week. Then, one scheduled Saturday per month, have a throwback sales day with ONE old item and ONE pin for sale. I think this would bring down the prices on some of the crazy-high priced items in game, making it more accessible for everyone. Because of the way it is now, I know it's very likely I will never own a flip hat (for example), or at the very least it'll take a year of saving in part due to the way I play, and in part due to the rising economy.

Another suggestion I have - bring back more quests! Make a quest or two per month. Bring back hidden mickey. Something. Because currently, people just camp out in the Pirates game lobby and guest rooms. Which is fine, but to get more people playing, visiting different rooms, and exploring the kingdom at it's full potential, I think that bringing back these would be a very important step.

When I found this game a month and a half ago, I was thrilled to see that there were still people playing a game that I loved so much during my childhood. I still am thrilled to have met such wonderful people, and gotten to see the virtual places I had nearly forgotten from 8 years ago. I appreciate the staff's attention to the problems that are in place and the work they do, and the community's patience and participation. I'm very hopeful that with some changes, MyVMK will be improved and back better than ever.

Last edited:

Gummy

It would also be really helpful to have special slots where usable pins stack (like pirate keys and sword keys, etc) that way we don't have to mess up our lanyard ;o;

Myth

1. More players. Some form of (legal) publicity maybe? Incentives for inviting people to join the game maybe?

2. More public room emphasis
If there were more events where items spawn in public rooms or hide-n-seek events people would want to change up their potc or guest room routines and participate.

3. More activity from hosts. I haven't been on much lately because I've been in school but one thing that made me always want to come online were memories with hosts in our guest rooms and playing games with them.

4. More quality items. (I just miss Tink's items and there are a lot of items in the game that feel cluttered to me).

5. The game was more exciting when exciting things were happening. Spice things up. Spontaneous events and chances for people to move forward in their personal goals towards rare items or whatever they may want will always keep people online.

6. It's running very slowly for people (especially people using macs on things like Vmk launcher). I lag out so much and it takes me like 20 mins just to open my character window and furni

And maybe fix more of the things that haven't gotten to fixing yet. (ie. quest kiosks, playing on macs, etc)

I think there are several of areas for improvement. In order to make the game more exciting though, there really do need to be more players online. Noone likes to walk from one room to the next and see the same few names over and over.

Last edited:
Everyone has like already mentioned all this but...
1. SHELLS, seriously please bring back clamming. it's simple, it's fair, and you are actually able to talk to people while doing it. (also it was great when you wanted to earn credits while in queue for a host event)
2. Communication, I feel like I never know what the heck is going on anymore. Who is part of the staff anymore? I have no idea.
3. Blind Bags and Crates, All of my rares that I got back in the day were from the crates. I feel like the blind bags and crates gave me more incentive to play because you knew there were rares in there.

I was first introduced to this game in 2014. I remember players where everywhere, there will multiple events every day, and new items released right and left. I took a little over a year off during nursing school and just started playing again a little over a month ago. It saddens me to see where the game has ended up. I have heard rumors as to what has happened and frankly I do not have the desire to get involved with gossip and problems of the past. I DO want to be involved with the progress moving forward. I get it, life happens. All I can hope is that you, your fellow staff, and the players work to make the community the fun place it used to be (I still have fun, it is just not the same).

In the end it all comes down to communication.
-Communicate if there is even a possibility of items, events, etc. being released late. I understand some things happen last minute but I see a recurrent theme in the responses of other payers to this post that they just want communication. Whether this is a quick post on here or a notification in game, we like to be kept informed.
-Communicate with each other as staff members. Behind the scenes I am not sure what exactly goes on. Through my experience though, problems occur when there is miscommunication or a lack of communication. If there was better communication between staff, the community all together would be better informed. For example, if a host cannot make it to an event for a personal reason, they could inform the other staff. Staff could then relay a message to the players saying something along the lines of "due to unforeseen circumstances HOST ----- cannot make it to the event. We are working on finding a replacement otherwise the event will be rescheduled."
-Communication with players. I remember always seeing staff around conversing with players and playing games with them. Since I have been back, I have only seen a few staff members who just pop into a room, do not even say hi, and then leave. There was only one occasion where two staff members came in and played pirates for a few rounds which was so much fun!

I appreciate all that you and your team does! Take it back to the fundamentals of leadership and you will find that this place will start to turn around again. I am happy that you have taken to time to let us voice our concerns on this thread. It shows that you really care about the community and want to see it turn around like all of us so desperately want. <3

disruler

First off I'd like so say thank you thank you thank you for this game Amy. At the very worst I don't want to see this game go away.

As far as suggestions go; I think we need to get the rest of the missing games items in first and foremost. There's not much left but there's enough. I really want those forgotten attractions pins staff has!

As stated before I think the return of crates and keys and new quests would help pretty tremendously. Also, I feel like more dreams types events would be great once we have staff. It's been said, but there's so much wasted space in the game right now, when it's really a beautiful game. Also small things like having the gator move again, and actual audio for new magic, rooms, etc. really adds to the magic.

Also, I really want to see Hidden Mickeys return! Plus once that's figured out the hidden mickey's could be moved around every so often.

As far as staff, I think there needs to be a lot more people. I know this game is entirely volunteered so I think the bigger the pool the easier things would go. More transparency would be great as well. I think if we gave members of staff specific jobs things would go so much smoother. (I.e. A newsletter staff, event staff, "floating staff", designer, etc.).

Also, I'd love to have a chance at getting old items again. This throwback Thursday idea has been one of the best ideas in recent months! We have a lot of new players that never even got a shot at these items and a lot of players who have these items who no longer play. The pool just needs to be refilled.

Also new items really have to nail the VMK aesthetic. I don't know who used to do the items like the Angel/Sparky/Leeroy hats, Woody Costume, Dark castle items from last year, new rooms, and such; but they were really great.

Finally, and I know this won't be at all easy, looking to the future I think it'd be super rad to take the game into our own hands. Adding a new mini game, new areas/guest rooms, possibly building other parks like Epcot, or Hollywood studios, etc, that we can reach from the Esplanade or monorail. I know it's far fetched, but I have faith.

Also, feel free to repeat themes for the month. It doesn't always have to be perfect or new. Even the "part 1/part 2" months weren't terrible.

Last edited:
My suggestion for staff would be to keep them anonymous even to each other. Half the drama I think starts when people start fighting on media outside of the game then bring it into the game.

Other than that just Thank you Amy for continue to try to make this work and putting up with everything that has come with it.