What do YOU want to happen with the game?

Amy

Head Administrator
MyVMK has been running for almost three years now, and in that time there have been a lot of problems. A lot of the players seem to want some kind of big change, feel like something is missing from the game, so I'm here to ask, what do YOU personally want? What are your problems with the game and how do you think they can be fixed? Be completely honest, just don't attack anyone because that's not necessary..

Note to mods: please check with me before moderating this post, thank you.

EDIT: If you don't want to post publicly, send me a PM on the forums.

Last edited:

Amy

Head Administrator
I would like to see a ultra rare pin put in the stone. I am a avid rider and can't play the games due to a crummy computer. Putting a rare pin in the stone would be really awesome and so appreciated as it's the way I make my credits. Ty and I hope you really consider my request. heymann.
I agree that never should have been taken out, I'll talk to the staff about changing it back to how it was for next month or adding an ultra rare at the very least.

I want crates to be added maybe with some old and new items in them? I feel like more people will be on then, I don't know

theres no incentive to play anymore because majority of the time nothing is released and there's just nothing to do. having crates would be amazing because it would give people things to work towards again and everyone loves them besides a select few (who complain about anything that happens anyways)

Neda

It'd be cool if there were more official quests to get people around the kingdom or hangout events every Saturday(or whenever) where there'd be a prize given out every 30 minutes-1 hour and like little trivia games played in between the time or whatever.
Idk anything to get more people hanging out and about/wanting to log on.

VMKfan

As a genuine lover of VMK and Disney, as well as this remake, I want nothing but the best in order for this game to thrive like the original. That being said, there are a plethora of changes that need to be addressed. 2013-2014 was probably the most active and in my opinion the best times in the game.

The first drastic change (which the whole May debacle could've been avoided entirely) was when one of our admins had stepped down/fired.

These are the changes that need to be met in order for the game to thrive because we can obviously see that the player base has shrunken tremendously.

1. Hire/re-hire all original staff (including our designer)

This means getting rid of all the current in-game administrators, moderators, designers and hosts and hiring back those who actually knew what they were doing. There has been nothing to show for after one entire year of rifts between staff members, quitting and hiring of those who are incapable of fulfilling their duties. This means leave your personal bias out of the hiring process. I understand that these are volunteers doing it out of their free time but the favoritism needs to end, because the game is sinking. And the fact that you had to post this thread only confirms it.

2. New applications

In addition to re-hiring the old staff, create a new set of application forms and let the old staff take care of the hiring process. I understand that you are also part of designing the new items. This needs to stop. The items look nothing like the game's designs. You have a special talent something no one could match up to. As the coder, your stress should be eased by not fulfilling the other duties but to continue coding.

3. Incentives

There are only a handful of rooms which are occupied by players, the Pirates lobby, the fantasyland courtyard and guest rooms which have 20 people in the top room at max.

There are many options the game can thrive on as long as it has incentives for players to keep playing.

- Crates (keys, pop-up crates, colored crates)
- Blind Bags from mini games
- Dream-like events
- Trivia games
- Mazes
- Rare items in the sword and stone
- Rare items in the Pirates chests
- Hidden bags/ crates around the VMK map
- Quests
- treasure hunts

These are just a few ideas which would undoubtedly create more activity within the kingdom.

4. Punctuality

This is especially needed in regards to Host events and weekly realeases. Lately there has been issues of the newsletter not being put up on time and host events being canceled. I understand that everyone has personal obligations to attend to, which should obviously be first priority. However, this has been a reoccurring issue ever since the Pirates Game was set to release.

There should be no set time/date until you are 100% sure everything is working completely fine. This will not only make you look more professional but also garner more respect from your peers and players. (This is should also be taken as real world advice)

5. Communication

Back in 2013 and 2014 it was an amazing feeling to interact with you and other staff members. Just to talk and to listen to the progress of the game. I've learned that communication is absolute key in order to get a better understanding which would also clear up any misunderstandings and concerns that players may have.

Many players have either quit and lost interest due to negligence of the game that could be a mixture of which five of these points cover. There needs to be drastic changes. The player base is noticibly shrinking (which even newer players are noticing)

It's all up to you to make these decisions.

Personally, I would love to see this game thrive like it did before.
Nothing makes me happier to see my childhood game come back to life and to experience it with those who felt the same.

I hope you take these points into consideration. You have an extremely special talent and I as well as other players cannot thank you enough for this game.

But there needs to be some extreme measures taken.

Last edited:

wendell84

First of all, thank you for all of the many countless hours and tireless efforts you have all put into this labor of love. There will never be a thank you big enough I can say but I do offer all of my gratitude to each of you for enhancing my life so much with this place.[DOUBLEPOST=1473620648][/DOUBLEPOST]That said, could you maybe think about re-offering some of the magic pins that many of us never got a chance to get? Even just for a limited time would be great and thank you once again for all that you continue to do for our benefit and enjoyment. ‼️

One thing that I can think of is in the original game everybody was always hanging out at different parts of the map. Almost every single room was full and I realize there are not as many players but I think part of the magic of the game was being able to see the other rooms and get that sort of Disney feel. So maybe add in more quests or something to get people excited and wanting to visit different places and not just hanging out in the game lobby's and guest rooms.
It'd be cool if there were more official quests to get people around the kingdom or hangout events every Saturday(or whenever) where there'd be a prize given out every 30 minutes-1 hour and like little trivia games played in between the time or whatever.
Idk anything to get more people hanging out and about/wanting to log on.
i think this has been addressed before but something that could easily help with seeing more people in public rooms is bringing back that list to the homepage that says which public rooms r popular at the moment!!!!!

i also understand that since we have diving magic now it just makes sense to no longer have shells in captain quest quarters but there's rlly no incentive to get them anymore .. they're worth almost nothing and i rlly miss having that kind of public minigame bc u could socialize while make credits !!! i feel like maybe even bringing them back to ten credits would help ??? idk u do u just a suggestion

First and foremost, thank you for asking for the players opinions here, it truly means alot.

Now, it is understandable that these past few months have featured less releases and events than we used to have, as there have been some rather large changes. Even now theres been a shakeup and we dont have anything, and even that can be seen as being understanable. But one thing that truly needs to happen is items need to be being made. There are many people with designer badges, so at this point it almost seems odd that we dont have any releases. They may be busy, and I get that. This is a busier time of year, but if each person could make even two items a month, we would be much further along than we are now. Maybe a solution to this is to hire more designers who know that they can contribute quality items consistently.

Following this, the lack of events is simplying astonishing. Events are, and have always been, one of the larger pulls to the game. But now it seems as though we arent getting any events. Now I am unsure of the reason behind this, perhaps its not having prizes, or perhaps it is that the hosts that are here are busy in real life. Again, its understandable, but with staff applications having been open for quite some time, one would think that we would have had more hosts added to the team. Hosts that could contribute consistently as well.

I think that once these things are addressed, other things will fall into place. I hope none of this is seen as being too forward, but I think being frank about this is the best way of going about it. If the mechanisms behind the scenes arent working, then the game can never run smoothly.

Cuban

One thing I have been wanting is some way to add more ultra rares into the game. I feel as if (and maybe wrong because I have no idea what its like behind the scenes) 1 item each month could be made into an Ultra or even a limited release item(like we had the skull beanie) This would help the trade market and encourage more players to trade. It could also deflate some of the credit values, which I feel as if many players want this, and it would also give big traders (like myself) a monthly goal to achieve. These could be released on unannounced events randomly, or an announced flash sale? I do understand that not everyone has time to play every second of every day but it could also be seen as like a little thank you for playing and could attract more players to get on when they are free. (I know personally I am busy during most of the day while the sun is out but I still try to get on whether it be an hour or even a couple minutes to pick up new items and I still wouldnt think its unfair to those who dont spend every minute on the game)

Another HUGE thing I would want to see is more of a relationship between the community and staff. I feel as if the only time you see staff online is either when you attend events, or are simply caught up in a room full of drama and staff members join to diffuse the situation. Back when MyVMK was first opened It was nice seeing staff pop in talking with players and creating bonds. Now a days there seems to be kind of a line drawn in the sand between the two sides.

:2cents:

Thank you Amy for allowing me to relive my childhood again with myVMK. Being a newer member (started July 2016), I noticed that there hasn't been a quest at all which was my favorite thing to do on VMK. Maybe having a weekly or bi-weekly quest that deals with the current month's theme (such as fun facts about the Disney movie) would get more people on to collect the new item and get people into the public rooms (which some people above have expressed the lack thereof). Maybe hiring someone specifically for creating these quests, which would allow for quests to occur more frequently. And maybe a way to increase people in public rooms is to have staff walk around the public rooms handing out randomly old items to guests who appear in the same room as the HOST. Also it would be cool to try and earn previously released rares (via crates or something), because there are some items that are just next to impossible for someone new to ever get and would be nice to have a fair opportunity in possibly getting them.

Overall, thank you for taking the time to make sure this game thrives and for allowing us to voice our opinions. Hopefully through our suggestions this game will be as popular as people say it was back a couple years ago.

Last edited:
i think this has been addressed before but something that could easily help with seeing more people in public rooms is bringing back that list to the homepage that says which public rooms r popular at the moment!!!!!

i also understand that since we have diving magic now it just makes sense to no longer have shells in captain quest quarters but there's rlly no incentive to get them anymore .. they're worth almost nothing and i rlly miss having that kind of public minigame bc u could socialize while make credits !!! i feel like maybe even bringing them back to ten credits would help ??? idk u do u just a suggestion
yesssss! the shells were the best!

iProsper

;P

Crates:
I really liked the green crates event. It gave players something to do and rare items to work towards. Now, idek what the trading economy on this game is. Maybe have another crates event with rares or old old rereleases in them and play minigames to get keys.

Host Events:
I don't know what's going with the events, but yeah I agree with what @OswaldtheRabbit said. events = fun = incentive to play

Holiday event:
I forgot what the event was called, but it was a 2-day event for Christmas and hosts gave out items and i won inferno. Idk if you want to do that again, but it was a nice

Staff Hangouts:
I actually really liked when staff did this. They would open one of their rooms and players would come in and just talk, no prizes or anything were given out which was good. It was just something fun to do during the day

Quests:
personally, I would like to do more quests. There were a lot of quests on OG vmk that I never did and it would be cool if they could be put on here and if not, then creating more quests is cool as well.

some other stuff:

Flash sales:

This is the first I've heard of the flash sale on this game, but it sounds interesting and a majority of players like them

I also remember you thinking about implementing some sort of system in the game. It was a selling system? A player would sell some of their items and those items would then become available to other players? If I can find it, i'll post it here because I actually liked that idea.

Here's the store sell system you were thinking about and it seems as if a majority of people liked this idea, idk if players still do now
http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/store-for-items-sold-by-players-using-the-sell-button.42149/

edit: added more things

Last edited:
Id love a credit sink! Something to take a regular amount of credits out the game constantly. This could stop the current rares going up in price so much. Because once credits are made from mini games they basically stay in the game (apart from a small amount of credits people spend in the stores) and credits stack up so easily that items prices are just going up insanely by the day.