What do YOU want to happen with the game?

~dc~

The most biggest issue, is that the format the game is in. Soon no one will be able to log in, if they update there browser. There is already lots that can't log in. The game will need to be either coded in Java or another format so people on Macs, new Window computers, even Android. In today's world people use their smart phones and tablets. I would be really concerned that dozens can't even log in now. Either code it in a new format, or maybe its possible to make a total Emulator for the game, which would run on Macs/Windows/Andriods, I can't see why not, there are Emulators for game consoles that run on Macs and Windows at least.

Getting the right leadership is also a major concern, however if the game isn't made in a new format soon, there be no players to either apply for staff or even play. Adding crates for hunts or keys/crates is great fun, but again will result in not many people doing so. So even if there was stuff to do, great leadership, in time no one will be able to log in, unless they keep older version browsers or os on a special laptop just for the game. Basically what i'm doing right now, this laptop runs the game fine, yet for other sites, forget it lol.

If it was on a new format, that adding say crates and keys you earn from all the mini games, that would change prizes out each month or 2 would be amazing. Or adding a hunt that runs all month but changes each week to different areas of the game. Basically items would only appear in Adventure land first week, then the 2nd week maybe Frontier land, etc. change prizes once a month. Make so that if 5 people are in the room then 5 items would appear to get. So we could stand around and talk with friends, but also keeping it to 1 area per week, would hopefully create larger groups of players to each room. Hidden Mickeys would be fun for a short time, unless they changed every month. Hiring Quest Staff, to create and run quests of there own each week to make that easier for Staff to run on there own etc, would give quests to those that enjoy that, for a special pin etc.

Another issue which a few have talked about is economy of the game, which is shot basically. Way to many credits in game. Need ideas to burn those credits though. Opening a Mickey Auction house that items auction would be by Admins only, where they would be auction only items. This would crush lots of credits. Even in time User Auctions, where 1 a % is taken by the game for whatever the sold price was, etc. Then a user only has 3 auctions spots to start with and to gain more they would have to buy more auction slots, which would cost credits, basically 10k for the first slot, 20k for the 2nd etc.

User shops would also help credits disappear and appear for new users. Also create that someone cant hoard items and raise the price, since this user over here has the same item for 5k less. Need to create a room that a User would buy, which would have to be costly for sure. It would have a cash register in the room to list items for sale etc. Again could limit shop slots, and to increase those slots, would cost more credits etc. Of course Amy could create a shop tax of like 5% of daily profit etc that the game would get.

Last issue of course is staff. Locating a good team to oversee the game. Amy as the coder and owner should be only that, get someone to Oversee the game for her. However the Overseer would have lots on there plate, which would be stressful. More so they would need major time for the game. There is no pay basically, so its a major volunteer position. Most i think that were staff wanted it for power, image, and status, however most games are like this. Power goes to peoples heads very easily. its very tough to find trustworthy, honest, and people that will not favor friends or any user. However all games have favoritism, its sad but true. The game may not die completely from it, but it will hurt it in other ways. To find people like this its very hard! I ran half a dozen games and hiring just the right people to manage a game is so tough. Those doing the hiring need to take it as a real job period. Its a game and there is fun, but if anyone takes it at just that, then staff will not take things seriously. If there is a user that is a host and blows off a host event to hang out with friends, then they shouldn't be host. In the real world blowing off work will most likely get you fired over time. Again its very tough to find responsible staff that will run the game like it was a real job, and not like its just a stroll in the park.

Getting Tink back would help majorly as well, but to do so, when it comes to designing items etc she would need full control and say! Which if she is the designer then she should have all the say in the games world for creating items etc. This is the issue, there are people now that want control over everything, comes down to power, remember with great power comes great responsibility, their leaving the responsibility out of it though and just controlling, which will never work. It resulted in Tink leaving for good this time around. Getting her back now will be an issue! Lots are not to sure why she left this time around, basically its another person with power that wants total control over everything. Amy let one person go like this and inherited another. I don't know.

Lots have posted great things and input, however i remember this being posted in the past, yet nothing was changed or added. Changing the games format should be #1, #2 should be getting trustworthy and not power hungry staff that just want control over others, (sounds like politics). #3 adding new things to the game if its old ideas or new ideas. Something to keep players interest! Like a new area totally within the game Disney Studios, under there could add public rooms from Disney Movies. Star Wars, Tron, Aladdin, Lion King, and the list goes on with endless room ideas etc. maybe with new NPC, Shops, Mini Games!

I said enough, I'm out!

Carter

The Queen of VMK
Like everyone else, I am incredibly appreciative of this game and for the time put into recreating it. It has truly been really nostalgic and special for everyone and I think the community, as a whole, is grateful for that.

But honestly, I do have my opinions. I always wrote them off as irrelevant and possibly, they are. But since you asked, here's what I think...

I don't know much about the staff or who is gone/present or any of the BTS drama going on. I joined MyVMK in 2014 and have honestly just gone in-and-out of playing it during the last year. But I think it's become painfully obvious that every time I come back to play again, the community is getting smaller and smaller. The main thing that I've noticed is it just seems like an insane loss in EFFORT put into this game.. It's like the admin is completely unmotivated and uninspired to not only keep up with it, but to add anything new that would keep players interested. The themes every month are painfully lame. I'm not excited for the whole 3 items they've been releasing each month - new items seem sloppy and my mentality isn't to buy because I like things anymore. I buy new items because "maybe they'll become rare and people will approach me for having it." What a freaking way of thinking... That's how pathetic the trading market has become. Nothing that is "new" is exciting anymore. It's the same routine every month... but somehow less and less.

People literally do nothing but afk ride in the courtyard and scrounge to get a few POTC games together late at night. That's all that is happening in this game. How boring does that get?

Also, why is everything in the original game not all here yet after all this time? Where is the arcade? Where are quests? Where are contests worth entering? Etc... Where are brand new additions to the game? Where are maybe completely new mini-games that weren't even original? (A lot to ask, I know). But where are the improvements and the effort put in to continue building this game? Not only are there none, but even the original things that were exciting are gone... What in the world is happening with the HOST events? That calendar is just sad - it use to be like, 2-3 events a day.. The newsletter is always late and getting shorter every month.

In general, there is little to no communication on absolutely everything. Why are old traditions slowly disappearing? Where and when will there be something new? People have real lives outside of this game. I totally get that. I personally would never have the time to keep up with all of the things I can so easily demand from this game. But if you're gonna recreate a very popular and very special website, basically give up on it, and then wonder why no one is playing... what is the point?

The game feels abandoned.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that it's 2016. How far does technology have to go before we make this game playable on macs and mobile devices?

Last edited:
Also, feel free to repeat themes for the month. It doesn't always have to be perfect or new. Even the "part 1/part 2" months weren't terrible.
Id really like dreams month again.... the new players have NEVER experienced this and it was a lot of fun. Plus new (I really mean the original but it's "new" because it's being re-release, does that make sense?) badges can be distributed (as they are not tradable and have absolute no value what so ever, same thing with born in park badge)

Carter

The Queen of VMK
Id really like dreams month again.... the new players have NEVER experienced this and it was a lot of fun. Plus new (I really mean the original but it's "new" because it's being re-release, does that make sense?) badges can be distributed (as they are not tradable and have absolute no value what so ever, same thing with born in park badge)
Dreams month was my favorite month of all time. A ton of rooms around the entire map would completely fill up. There were actually "queues to get in rooms on the map!" what a time to be alive... And the suspense of not knowing if/when a host would show up and just mingling with everyone and waiting. That was the month I met the most people and got the most excited...

And one of the Halloween months was really good as well. I think in that same year.

Dreams month was my favorite month of all time. A ton of rooms around the entire map would completely fill up. There were actually "queues to get in rooms on the map!" what a time to be alive... And the suspense of not knowing if/when a host would show up and just mingling with everyone and waiting. That was the month I met the most people and got the most excited...

And one of the Halloween months was really good as well. I think in that same year.
Speaking of Halloween months....
Back in 2013, there was our first host hunt :) it was so much fun, and there was a lot of people back then so it was crazy laggy! But now since there's not much people... can we bring that back too, Amy?

MsDis

Formerly msdisneymaniac of VMK Past.
Bring weekend quests back, please! Oh, and remember when we used to win items from Pirates games? That'd be nifty once in a while..

AND HIDDEN MICKEYS!!

I'm not sure if this has been said but I also have another suggestion for the game that I believe would be extremely helpful to us players. While changing clothes, scrolling through every single outfit to find the one you want to wear takes so much time. I think a new setup would be such an upgrade. :)

Whispered

Go back to the staff from the first year or so. Staff turnover is honestly one of the reasons I stopped playing, because with staff turnover nothing was organized.

Currently the lack of communication, lack of events, and fact that the newsletter and items aren't updated consistently like they're supposed to are some of the major problems.
I do miss the old staff like so many of us who have been around for a while. I feel like things were slightly more transparent when we had Snow and Grizzly around to ask questions to. The shoutbox was a really great way to connect to staff when it was available.

I agree that crates/blind bags would be a great way to get some of us back on. Lately with the lack of new items and no crates/blind bags it feels like there's no reason to really log in.

Your biggest hurdle is building trust again. To bring players back. I am not even sure if this game can ever get fixed. So much has happened over the last year and a half. It is very sad walking around the kingdom and seeing hardly any people on. Now this could also be because many have started college again. However so many came back the first week of July and have not been back since.
What I would like to see first off is to rename the Silly Pin and Silly Graduation Pin back to its respectful name of Grizzly. These where made out of respect for how much time and effort Grizzly had put into this game. This would go a long way in helping to rebuild trust.

Thank you,
JiminyC

Or at least another month like this that's kinda like it but different items

Feel like everything that has been said is good But what I think should be empathized I know this has been echoed numerously is staff and communication. I would love a staff functioning and feel like everything else would follow. I know that a huge task to ask for and I am grateful for all the staff past and present who have put so much time into this game. I can only imagine how hard to it is to find a group of strangers to work together despite their differences. Correct me if I am wrong it just seem like the staff in beginning worked better or just appeared to and things flowed better. Of course people come and go but the hope is still be able to work together. If you think the staff is running fine then I don't know what to say. I guess I really work on the items getting released? Also complaining is always to happen despite what happening(it would a miracle if it didn't happen) and Quality over Quantity in all aspects of the game(e.g. items to events to whatever)

xxhakunamatata

You should close the game for a few months in order to set things straight?
In the downtime you could hire more staff/designers and during the downtime they could plan games/events so we have more things to do each month, plan the theme a couple of months in advance so you're always able to have the next month ready before it needs to be, and just overall give the game a fresh start.
I think it's just too hard to try and fix things at the moment, it's like you keep having to play catch up, you know? Like take off 2-4 months and the month of December/January could be the grand re-reopening.
I'm sure people will be upset but you can't please everyone... plus loads of people are in school at the moment so it could indirectly help everyone become better students lol. Although October and December are prime months for the game you could just have Christmas in July and like a spooky month whenever to make up for Halloween? I know this has kinda been done before and all but idk it was just a suggestion.

The most biggest issue, is that the format the game is in. Soon no one will be able to log in, if they update there browser. There is already lots that can't log in. The game will need to be either coded in Java or another format so people on Macs, new Window computers, even Android. In today's world people use their smart phones and tablets. I would be really concerned that dozens can't even log in now. Either code it in a new format, or maybe its possible to make a total Emulator for the game, which would run on Macs/Windows/Andriods, I can't see why not, there are Emulators for game consoles that run on Macs and Windows at least.

Getting the right leadership is also a major concern, however if the game isn't made in a new format soon, there be no players to either apply for staff or even play. Adding crates for hunts or keys/crates is great fun, but again will result in not many people doing so. So even if there was stuff to do, great leadership, in time no one will be able to log in, unless they keep older version browsers or os on a special laptop just for the game. Basically what i'm doing right now, this laptop runs the game fine, yet for other sites, forget it lol.

If it was on a new format, that adding say crates and keys you earn from all the mini games, that would change prizes out each month or 2 would be amazing. Or adding a hunt that runs all month but changes each week to different areas of the game. Basically items would only appear in Adventure land first week, then the 2nd week maybe Frontier land, etc. change prizes once a month. Make so that if 5 people are in the room then 5 items would appear to get. So we could stand around and talk with friends, but also keeping it to 1 area per week, would hopefully create larger groups of players to each room. Hidden Mickeys would be fun for a short time, unless they changed every month. Hiring Quest Staff, to create and run quests of there own each week to make that easier for Staff to run on there own etc, would give quests to those that enjoy that, for a special pin etc.

Another issue which a few have talked about is economy of the game, which is shot basically. Way to many credits in game. Need ideas to burn those credits though. Opening a Mickey Auction house that items auction would be by Admins only, where they would be auction only items. This would crush lots of credits. Even in time User Auctions, where 1 a % is taken by the game for whatever the sold price was, etc. Then a user only has 3 auctions spots to start with and to gain more they would have to buy more auction slots, which would cost credits, basically 10k for the first slot, 20k for the 2nd etc.

User shops would also help credits disappear and appear for new users. Also create that someone cant hoard items and raise the price, since this user over here has the same item for 5k less. Need to create a room that a User would buy, which would have to be costly for sure. It would have a cash register in the room to list items for sale etc. Again could limit shop slots, and to increase those slots, would cost more credits etc. Of course Amy could create a shop tax of like 5% of daily profit etc that the game would get.

Last issue of course is staff. Locating a good team to oversee the game. Amy as the coder and owner should be only that, get someone to Oversee the game for her. However the Overseer would have lots on there plate, which would be stressful. More so they would need major time for the game. There is no pay basically, so its a major volunteer position. Most i think that were staff wanted it for power, image, and status, however most games are like this. Power goes to peoples heads very easily. its very tough to find trustworthy, honest, and people that will not favor friends or any user. However all games have favoritism, its sad but true. The game may not die completely from it, but it will hurt it in other ways. To find people like this its very hard! I ran half a dozen games and hiring just the right people to manage a game is so tough. Those doing the hiring need to take it as a real job period. Its a game and there is fun, but if anyone takes it at just that, then staff will not take things seriously. If there is a user that is a host and blows off a host event to hang out with friends, then they shouldn't be host. In the real world blowing off work will most likely get you fired over time. Again its very tough to find responsible staff that will run the game like it was a real job, and not like its just a stroll in the park.

Getting Tink back would help majorly as well, but to do so, when it comes to designing items etc she would need full control and say! Which if she is the designer then she should have all the say in the games world for creating items etc. This is the issue, there are people now that want control over everything, comes down to power, remember with great power comes great responsibility, their leaving the responsibility out of it though and just controlling, which will never work. It resulted in Tink leaving for good this time around. Getting her back now will be an issue! Lots are not to sure why she left this time around, basically its another person with power that wants total control over everything. Amy let one person go like this and inherited another. I don't know.

Lots have posted great things and input, however i remember this being posted in the past, yet nothing was changed or added. Changing the games format should be #1, #2 should be getting trustworthy and not power hungry staff that just want control over others, (sounds like politics). #3 adding new things to the game if its old ideas or new ideas. Something to keep players interest! Like a new area totally within the game Disney Studios, under there could add public rooms from Disney Movies. Star Wars, Tron, Aladdin, Lion King, and the list goes on with endless room ideas etc. maybe with new NPC, Shops, Mini Games!

I said enough, I'm out!

I agree completely to RECODE THE DANG GAME! Shockwave is the most stone age software I have on my windows 10 and it barely cooperates with it.... It freezes nonstop, lags all the time, and barely opens as it is. Please recode this game to something more recent!

First of all, thank you for all of the many countless hours and tireless efforts you have all put into this labor of love. There will never be a thank you big enough I can say but I do offer all of my gratitude to each of you for enhancing my life so much with this place.
Dreams Month was a highlight for me. So many people gathered and shared and probably still are friends here in MyVMK.
Players must remember that MyVMK will always differ from the original VMK because the Disney resources are not present like they were in the previous game.
Remember also that there is no user fee/membership fee charged for playing MyVMK

Last edited:
Also possibly something like I guess u can say mini host events where like once every few days or when you feel like it staff can possibly start a hangout in public rooms like the monorail or esplanade and do like disney trivia or some small game like that and give some small prizes or none I just like going to public rooms and them being packed so ya just a suggestion and maybe announce them idk