What is your favorite way of obtaining special items?

What is your favorite way of obtaining special items?

• Pop-up Pods

Votes: 52 47.7%
  • Crates without keys

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Crates with keys

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie_Poof

I do think that having keys with the crates helps the trade economy because people will not want to do SITS to get the keys (or vice versa), buuuuut I would guess that a LOT of people do SITS on a clone account. I guess some people would do SITS if they are busy doing other stuff, but I just can’t imagine too many people doing SITS for fun day after day nonstop.

Also, I don’t really like the pop-up spawns because everyone is obsessed with getting them. It is impossible to have people join guest rooms or even get enough players for mini-games sometimes because everyone wants to get the spawning items. There were a lot of fights over this like people saying “one pod per person” and some not agreeing with that.

HapaBruja

Ur Fave Mixed Witch
It's pretty much impossible for me to play for awhile due to Old Client Issues, so I haven't been active.... but I'm also shocked at the way the polling is going so far and would like to point out a couple of things:

Pods are not truly "random" but are placed by Staff and so there's always going to be arguments around that. I also saw similar issues with people being cliquey and annoying around the Winter Blind Bags & Prizes too, so it's not like this is just an older problem.

I think that, as mentioned by someone before, the Crates with Keys system introduces a bit of the much needed "credit sink" into the game. Some people don't have a mouse, so they spend money in trades on Crates. Some people prefer to play the mini-games and so they trade for the keys they need. It's a much more dynamic system for the in-game economy than just giving out Unlocked Crates to friendly POTC players such as myself.

Lastly, the idea of pods seems limited to a particular time (1-2 hr windows or whatever). I was not around for the easter baskets so I can't say this for sure, but one of the best things about the Dreams Crates & similar crate events was that I could log on and play at any time and earn points towards crates or more keys, especially if being a working stiff/not having the new client meant that I missed the day's Host Events.

Last edited:
Lastly, the idea of pods seems limited to a particular time (1-2 hr windows or whatever). I was not around for the easter baskets so I can't say this for sure, but one of the best things about the Dreams Crates & similar crate events was that I could log on and play at any time and earn points towards crates or more keys, especially if being a working stiff/not having the new client meant that I missed the day's Host Events.
Pods are 24/7. You can log on whenever and collect

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
It's pretty much impossible for me to play these days as the client fails me 99% of the time, but I'm also shocked at the way the polling is going so far and would like to point out a couple of things:

Pods are not truly "random" but are placed by Staff and so there's always going to be arguments around that. I also saw similar issues with people being cliquey and annoying around the Winter Blind Bags & Prizes too, so it's not like this is just an older problem.

I think that, as mentioned by someone before, the Crates with Keys system introduces a bit of the much needed "credit sink" into the game. Some people don't have a mouse, so they spend money in trades on Crates. Some people prefer to play the mini-games and so they trade for the keys they need. It's a much more dynamic system for the in-game economy than just giving out Unlocked Crates to friendly POTC players such as myself.

I would just like to clarify, pods are not placed by staff. Every tile in a room has its own number ID, and pods spawn on one or more of those, generated randomly.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Eh, my vote would be for keys/crates as long as neither was obtainable from playing mini-games. Or, have them obtainable through mini-games, but not Pirates. Obtaining keys/crates through pirates devolves the game into the vast majority of players afking for hours on end playing friendlies, while people who want to actually play the games get punished. IIRC, green keys were a queue prize for a while? And i know winter keys were from SITS. We already have chest prizes and blind bags for friendly players to earn a lot at, we don't need another.

And if it's not possible or feasible to introduce a key/crate system without Pirates, than my vote would be for pods. That's the best way where players have to have an equal amount of effort (and might miss out on pods if they are not playing attention or are afk). I do agree that the game kind of gets flooded with common items. Nobody needs 50 Sparkys, lol. Maybe make some of the common prizes items that would be useful for building? Either new items or re-released items (Seriously, MyVMK has been open longer than the original VMK at this point. It's okay to re-release some non-super rare items).

I like that pods, at least the latest round when you didn't have to have 5 people in a room, are easy for everyone to do independent of how many people happen to be on at that time. And with the new client, it would be a lot easier and more accessible for more people to win prizes no matter where you are since I know in the past some get upset that they can't be on as much as others so they feel left out. But as someone who doesn't have these issues and has made some great friends getting crates through friendlies, I also like the variety of ways to get prizes throughout the past year.

I voted for pods because it was a lot of fun to go around and collect them with friends and it added something more than the usual rigmarole. It is something I have been hoping to see again. However, I do like crates a lot and am excited when we have them.. but my only issue with crates is the keys. I don't mind keys at all. It was just hard to get enough keys in December unless you had extra time to ride rides for a while. So I was going broke buying keys for my crates because I could either spend my time playing Jungle Cruise and pirates or riding rides in hopes for a key. So if there are keys I would like to see them be more even to how quickly you can earn a crate (I would earn a crate every 3 jungle cruise games and maybe one key every like 25 rides)

Last edited:
ive never heard of the pods but now im interested xD[DOUBLEPOST=1517771082][/DOUBLEPOST]
One thing, if pods are brought back soon I think they shouldn't be obtainable in rooms like fantasyland courtyard or any mini game rooms. Because everyone would just crowd in those rooms waiting for extra pods since so many people go afk in those rooms, especially in the courtyard.
but i do agree with this

McQuack

I love you ❤️
Sorry I'm take.in

But to rectify items being flooded into the game, (especially pins) perhaps pin trading events (or something else entirely) could be utilized so that if you have, say, won 10 common pins in a blind bag you can exchange those for 1 random pin from the next rarity tier up. This can continue onward through the other rarity tiers (Trade in 5 uncommon pins for 1 random rare pin... etc. etc). That way multiples of pins can at least be somewhat useful.

Or just hold a weekly/monthly item challenge where one item (probably furni and pins work best for this) is picked at random and the goal is to sell as much of the item as possible... and the people who sell the most of the item within the deadline wins a prize. It will make the item value skyrocket during the contest since people will want as much of them as they can find, and at the end less of them will be in the game since it poofed into Ned's mouth lol. Basically give people an incentive for cleaning up the game. :p